So....about Vaylin....

Nihilix

After the conditioning is removed? yes.

I'm not sure which part of what I said you were responding to here, but whatever the case is, there is still no evidence of her being able to survive being impaled with a lightsaber before or after her conditioning was removed. Nor did she ever display the same kind of strength Vitiate did, even after Nathema.

Edited by OldVengeance

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure which part of what I said you were responding to here, but whatever the case is, there is still no evidence of her being able to survive being impaled with a lightsaber before or after her conditioning was removed. Nor did she ever display the same kind of strength Vitiate did, even after Nathema.

my bad sorry, I misread what you put.

Lost my trail of thought, but after the Outlander can survive impalement I'm not going to role it out for Vaylin either.

my bad sorry, I misread what you put.

Lost my trail of thought, but after the Outlander can survive impalement I'm not going to role it out for Vaylin either.

But you keep ignoring the reason the Outlander could survive impalement. Plus, even if Vaylin theoretically could survive impalement, we know from the very next chapter that she did not in this particular case.

But you keep ignoring the reason the Outlander could survive impalement. Plus, even if Vaylin theoretically could survive impalement, we know from the very next chapter that she did not in this particular case.

Valkorians space voodoo. What about Arcann? Was he under Valkorians influence when the Outlander slashed him on his ship? Or when the Outlander finally executed him? Why does it take multiple strikes in both cases to bring him down?

So the one thing our character did, you want to believe every other force user can do too? :p

Line them up and we'll find out.

I gave up the plot awhile ago. Just give me Vaylin as a companion, or Darth Vowronn and all will be overlooked. :o

Yeah. Just do this, give us Vaylin as a companion :p and maybe the party guy from Zakuul, and Acina, and maybe Malgus.

Actually it only takes one slash to kill Arcann on Zakuul, but the darkside version includes gratuitous extra slashing for good measure. And on his flagship, he wasn't impaled in the same way Vaylin and the Outlander were.

It takes three. :confused:

It's as if she's hitting him with a baseball bat.

Edited by NayntaLot

It takes three. :confused:

It's as if she's hitting him with a baseball bat.

It takes only one in the Lightside Version.

The direct url appears to trigger the forum's censors, so I can't link it directly, but this should be the playlist:

Edited by OldVengeance

The choice was to bring him to justice for all the atrocities he has committed against the galaxy. I guess they felt working in an imprisonment choice for Arcann was either too complicated or not interesting enough.

I'm not always happy with the binary dialogue choices in many major decisions points in KotFE and KotET, but I was pretty happy with how these particular DS and LS speeches contrasted with eachother because the choice to save or kill him in Chapter 1 creates four different ways this scene can play out.

Edited by OldVengeance

The choice was to bring him to justice for all the atrocities he has committed against the galaxy. I guess they felt working in a imprisonment choice for Arcann was either too complicated or not interesting.

I'm not always happy with the binary dialogue choices in many major decisions points in KotFE and KotET, but I was pretty happy with how these particular DS and LS speeches contrasted with eachother because the choice to save or kill him in Chapter 1 creates four different ways this scene can play out.

I'll agree on some of my characters like the Trooper it would be okay, but the Jedi? SWTOR Jedi are evil and full of it.

"The Jedi do not believe in killing their prisoners. No one deserves execution, no matter what their crimes." - Bastila

Watching that scene though, why didn't we just try to do what they did to Revan on Vaylin?

I'll agree on some of my characters like the Trooper it would be okay, but the Jedi? SWTOR Jedi are evil and full of it.

"The Jedi do not believe in killing their prisoners. No one deserves execution, no matter what their crimes." - Bastila

Watching that scene though, why didn't we just try to do what they did to Revan on Vaylin?

It would be an incredibly bad idea to forcibly do to Vaylin what the Jedi did to Revan. If her memories came back, or if someone told her about her past, I can't imagine her reacting positively.

Now, it might be okay if we said, "Vaylin, this is what's going to happen".

It would be an incredibly bad idea to forcibly do to Vaylin what the Jedi did to Revan. If her memories came back, or if someone told her about her past, I can't imagine her reacting positively.

I imagine this being a Dr Light situation, and just Vaylin suddenly exploding in the middle of a fight, screaming ''YOU TOOK MY MIIIIIIIIND!"

To be fair, that would actually be a really good moral choice.

I imagine Vaylin would have been screaming in our ears all the way to Typhon, but that is a cool idea, might be okay if Senya gives the plan her blessing. Capturing her might prove difficult, but hey at least it would have been a non death option for Vaylin. Do you think the Jedi would do it though?

That would have been a good scenario for a moral choice, and certainly one with consequences should she ever learn what happened.

In fact, that's something I would have liked to have seen as a possible end to KOTET. Maybe the next expansion? (Assuming they can do some resurrection writing magic first)

I imagine Vaylin would have been screaming in our ears all the way to Typhon, but that is a cool idea, might be okay if Senya gives the plan her blessing. Capturing her might prove difficult, but hey at least it would have been a non death option for Vaylin. Do you think the Jedi would do it though?

one of our friends xLetalis made a video about the screaming Vaylin, and it became kind of a mem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmLLdp4WSe8

:rolleyes:

It's not evil to execute a monster guilty of genocide. Bastila's opinion doesn't necessarily mean it's the only right answer or that it's the only perspective a Jedi would ever have. Also neither Arcann nor Vaylin were prisoners. Revan so badly injured by Malak's ship that he had been left for dead. Vaylin was not, she was in the middle of tearing the Odessen base apart.

Edited by OldVengeance

That would have been a nice option for the light side. (Or dark side depending on your point of view.)

one of our friends xLetalis made a video about the screaming Vaylin, and it became kind of a mem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmLLdp4WSe8

:rolleyes:

Lol, Senya at the end. Go help Vaylin ffs.

It's not evil to execute a monster guilty of genocide. Bastila's opinion doesn't necessarily mean it's the only right answer or that it's the only perspective a Jedi would ever have. Also neither Arcann nor Vaylin were prisoners. Revan so badly injured by Malak's ship that he had been left for dead. Vaylin was not, she was in the middle of tearing the Odessen base apart.

Not to be rude or repetitive, but I suppose it could be argued the same thing has happened here, granted there are some dialog options in chapter 9 that indeed state she's died. How she would survive a wound the chest is beyond me, but I think it's a plot they could expand upon later.

(*Speculation Mode: On*) Perhaps Senya has already taken Vaylin to X for the mind wipe? I would dismiss her weird behaviour in Chapter 9 if this was the case. It wouldn't be the first time she's done something shifty.

We should of had the option to wound her though, then as the other poster suggested taking her to the Jedi to wipe her mind.

If the ritual worked on Arcann, it should have worked on Vaylin. And the whole ritual was a bit... deus ex machina, purging the hatred from him? That's basically brainwashing.

We should of had the option to wound her though, then as the other poster suggested taking her to the Jedi to wipe her mind.

If the ritual worked on Arcann, it should have worked on Vaylin. And the whole ritual was a bit... deus ex machina, purging the hatred from him? That's basically brainwashing.

Arcann was a willing participant though. The Voss can't help anyone who doesn't want to be healed.