Launcher Bug - Download stuck

Herald

If you have bit raider that could be the issue. Try the following:

1. Run the launcher and log in.

2. Open the task manager on your computer (shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+Esc).

3. Select the Processes tab. On Windows 10, sort by image name and look for any starting with "br", they should be listed as belonging to Bitraider in the description column. In Windows 8.1, scroll down to the Background Processes and look for any Bitraider listings. Right click and end them. Don't worry if they come back.

4. Select the Services tab. In Windows 10, click on the button in the lower right corner that says Services. In 8.1, click the link at the bottom that says Open Services.

5. In the Services window, sort the list by the Name column, and look for BitRaider Mini-Support Service. Right click on it and select properties.

6. On the General tab, about halfway down, there should be a dropdown menu that says Startup type. Make sure it is set to "Automatic". Hit Apply the OK.

7. Close the Services window, the task manager, and the game launcher. Then restart the launcher.

You may need to restart your computer as well but may not be needed.

If you have bitraider I recommend removing it to avoid this issue in the future. You can do that via the following:

NOTE this is a complete download of the game again

right mouse click on game shortcut and select open file location

open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"

, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.

Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

Thank you for the help, it worked like a charm. For those wondering, after disabling, it takes about 20 minutes. Mine was going at 512kb/s (Yes, slow net at times.) and suddenly spiked to over 8000mb/s, and then was finished. Edited by Fallahmain
New info

Hello

My download is stuck at 98.56% and wont continue to download.

My internet connection is good and can still surf the web

Can anybody help on how to get the download to 100% for KOTET.

Thanks

Sotoe

Already posted it on the general forum: it keeps downloading in the background while the progress bar stays at 98.56%. Guess it's a large file. After a time - depending on the speed of your internet up to 20 minutes it finishes and you can launch the game.

But yes, a progress bar that displays just a percentage and not how much you are actually downloading sucks, especially when it's more than 14 GB as in my case.

Edited by Ginkotea