Class companions not removed after beginning KotFE

JLazarillo

See the attached screenshot, shortly after starting Chapter IV:

http://i.imgur.com/vvqW9Sv.png

They're similarly still available for crafting, too.

I started KotFE through the Story window, as I was not able to access it from the mission console on the ship (abandoned the "prelude" mission as well). Not sure if that was the source of the issue or not. They're still unavailable during individual Chapters, however, just like any KotFE story companions. But when I leave the chapters, I can summon 'em.

Do you mean that they're still available after finishing Chapter 1 of KotFE? If so, then that's definitely a bug. If you're talking about still during Chapter 1 though, that's intentional. You don't lose your companions until you start Chapter 2.

EDIT: Missed the part where you said it was in Chapter 4. Disregard the second half of what I said.

Edited by ShadowOfSonic

Actually, now that you suggest it, I'm thinking it could be because I replayed part (but not all) of Chapter I; I got back to the point the companions left, and thought I was in the clear, but it seems that might not have been the case. I tried replaying and finishing it, but they're still active, same when I tried restarting and then completing Chapter II. Edited by JLazarillo

I noticed this as well. I hadn't played KotFE at all until yesterday. I started it for the first time through the Shift-E menu since the ship mission console was bugged (I didn't abandon the Prelude mission though, starting Chapter 1 through the menu triggered completion of the Prelude for me).

I had heard that companions are changed when you start the expansion but didn't know the details. When I ended up back on the fleet after Chapter 1 they were all still available even though their descriptions all said they hadn't been heard from since the attack. Didn't know if that was WAI or not, but it sounds like not...

See the attached screenshot, shortly after starting Chapter IV:

http://i.imgur.com/vvqW9Sv.png

They're similarly still available for crafting, too.

I started KotFE through the Story window, as I was not able to access it from the mission console on the ship (abandoned the "prelude" mission as well). Not sure if that was the source of the issue or not. They're still unavailable during individual Chapters, however, just like any KotFE story companions. But when I leave the chapters, I can summon 'em.

Same thing is happening to me, I have all my old companions and I am in Chapter 5 of KoTFE.