Why is Customizing Shae a bug?

AlCiao

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? I actually like that set.

Seems I need to clearify: I'm not for the removal of any particular outfits. The post was in response to speculation that a lack of customisation had to do with that piece.

And, since I haven't written it earlier: /Signed on OP.

So Tait posted that the ability to customize Shae (outside of her 3 customs) is "not intended", and that this will be "fixed" in a later update.

WHAT?!

For the love of Valkorion, WHY?!

We WANT to customize our comps. ALL of them. Not just Shae, but Lana and the rest too! Now that we CAN customize Shae, you're saying NOPE.

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. There is zero mechanical effect to the ability to customize our comps the way we want. It doesn't give any sort of advantage or disadvantage in combat or credits or crew skills or gear or anything. It is purely cosmetic.

I thought the moves you've been making lately are to allow more player choice and freedom. Outfits for example. Tunings for another. Letting us look the way we want, and play the game the way we want (which is the whole point behind Galactic Command).

So why, with this philosophy, would you not only deny us the opportunity customize our comps' outfit, but actively TAKE AWAY the ability to do so for a comp that already has it?! (I.e. Shae)

Please, do NOT patch this. And please, let us put armor on the OTHER KotFE comps too!

Thank you.

Tait, Eric, Bioware devs: if this is a bug, then please, for the love of all that is holy , SPREAD THAT BUG TO THE OTHER COMPANIONS!

Seriously, this is something we've been asking for since KotFE first released. I KNOW that Nico doesn't want to give up his snazzy hat, I respect that (I'll even let him keep it!), I just want to be able to equip my companions in the gear that I've set aside for them, so they all look the way I want my crew to look.

(PS: I've never once equipped any skimpy gear on a companion, either. I just want my Vanguard's squad to look like, you know...a squad.)

Tait, Eric, Bioware devs: if this is a bug, then please, for the love of all that is holy , SPREAD THAT BUG TO THE OTHER COMPANIONS!

Seriously, this is something we've been asking for since KotFE first released. I KNOW that Nico doesn't want to give up his snazzy hat, I respect that (I'll even let him keep it!), I just want to be able to equip my companions in the gear that I've set aside for them, so they all look the way I want my crew to look.

(PS: I've never once equipped any skimpy gear on a companion, either. I just want my Vanguard's squad to look like, you know...a squad.)

Yeah, I don't know why people get caught up on the slave outfit angle. There are over 400 outfits in this game and that's just counting the cartel market ones. The majority don't even show skin and there are so many that would look really cool on a companion.

I freely admit to using outfits that show some skin quite a bit on my female companions. But rarely an actual slave outfit. I have this thing about outfits, where I can get away with certain looks outside of cutscenes, but it bothers me in cutscenes. So like... I might wear a skimpy outfit on my character in regular play, but then I'll usually have an outfit that covers most of the body if I'm doing a lot of story on that character.

Like I would love to be able to dress Lana in some kind of flowing robes for KOTFE/KOTET, more like what she wears in SoR.

Um, games have explained themselves before in that way. The answer won't be liked, whatever it is, but by giving us an answer it shows that: A) they are aware and there is some specific reason why they've chosen not to do it (as opposed to them genuinely being blind to the fact that so many people want it, or worse, straight up ignoring it), B) we can be a little more understanding, knowing that there is a reason.

In the absence of any explanation, all we can do is fill in the blanks and usually not with kind words.

Fair points, but I could only see that applying to a new issue or topic.

This has been discussed in all their social media outlets and here on the forums ad nauseum since Dec 2014, so there's simply no way they don't know that some people would like this feature, but whoever makes those decisions and the reasons for them are obviously not willing to discuss it.

Maybe its a line in the sand thing, about discussing reasons why they do things, Who knows? But after this amount of time? it should be quite clear to the people that would like this, that's its simply not going to happen, and let it go.

/bumped because I really want some dev action (or at least an explanation) on this.

Your players have been asking for this for a year now. Companion gear customization. A feature that before KOTFE was available to 95% of companions, and after KOTFE is available to a whopping 0% of the new companions. You guys actually removed one of the best features of the game from all of the new companions, and as a result none of us feel attached to them in any way. Why do you think so many people are asking about old companions returning in this expansion? Part of the reason is because we can actually customize those ones within the story. It can clearly be done on new companions. Shae can equip unique armor and looks great with it.

Please, don't put this on hold for another year without at least communicating with us about it.

Edited by heythereqt

Fair points, but I could only see that applying to a new issue or topic.

This has been discussed in all their social media outlets and here on the forums ad nauseum since Dec 2014, so there's simply no way they don't know that some people would like this feature, but whoever makes those decisions and the reasons for them are obviously not willing to discuss it.

Maybe its a line in the sand thing, about discussing reasons why they do things, Who knows? But after this amount of time? it should be quite clear to the people that would like this, that's its simply not going to happen, and let it go.

Sometimes it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

The thing is, even saying they can't talk about it would probably be better than abject silence at this point. There's no excuse for the level of deafening on this issue.

-snerk- You dont know much about Disney do you?

Disney has sued Daycare Centers for having their characters on their walls...

They also sued a Clown & Costumed Characters Rental Company for wearing Disney Character costumes.

Disney very much has say over everything they own. Bioware is just the game host, Disney still owns Star Wars and can tell them anything they want.

Did either of those two examples purchase exclusive Star Wars licenses from DIsney? I can't believe you thought that was a good comparison. :rolleyes:

Something very strange is going on. I would have paid to unlock comp customizations with cc but they never offered it in a year. They ignored thread after thread after thread. It probably doesn't make sense but they have some odd reason for not allowing it. Maybe they are getting an "Apple" my way or the highway mentality. It's the same arbitrary reason Apple thinks x amount of apps and no more can fit in a folder lol.

Something very strange is going on. I would have paid to unlock comp customizations with cc but they never offered it in a year. They ignored thread after thread after thread. It probably doesn't make sense but they have some odd reason for not allowing it. Maybe they are getting an "Apple" my way or the highway mentality. It's the same arbitrary reason Apple thinks x amount of apps and no more can fit in a folder lol.

It is weird.

It is weird.

I've mentioned this point before but it really weirded me out right after 4.0 dropped musco had a live stream and said he would pull all the major topics off the forums to discuss. There must have been 5 or 6 active threads on the forums in active discussion on the topic of comp customizations, he ignored it. He pretended those threads didn't exist. I wasn't insulted by the choice not to discuss it as much as I was by the fact "he" made the choice to say he would discuss all the major topics. Nobody asked him to and then to go back on your voluntary word.

Lol its like oops we gave you what you have been asking for since last year. Sorry about that we'll get rid of it. All I want now is a post where they say " we listened to you and have removed the Shae customizations glitch. We apologize for the inconvenience of having companions be enjoyable again.

May be the Disney gods said bikini slave bottoms in no way represents star wars despite slavery being in the movies. Star wars mmo should be safe from bikini bottoms at all costs. Even though I'm in a pvp match with a guy named sexual predator....

I've mentioned this point before but it really weirded me out right after 4.0 dropped musco had a live stream and said he would pull all the major topics off the forums to discuss. There must have been 5 or 6 active threads on the forums in active discussion on the topic of comp customizations, he ignored it. He pretended those threads didn't exist. I wasn't insulted by the choice not to discuss it as much as I was by the fact "he" made the choice to say he would discuss all the major topics. Nobody asked him to and then to go back on your voluntary word.

Lol its like oops we gave you what you have been asking for since last year. Sorry about that we'll get rid of it. All I want now is a post where they say " we listened to you and have removed the Shae customizations glitch. We apologize for the inconvenience of having companions be enjoyable again.

May be the Disney gods said bikini slave bottoms in no way represents star wars despite slavery being in the movies. Star wars mmo should be safe from bikini bottoms at all costs. Even though I'm in a pvp match with a guy named sexual predator....

Wow, that is bizarre. What I don't get is why. I mean, we can speculate reasons why they haven't put it in the game, but the act of outright ignoring it for so long just doesn't make sense. I don't think I've ever seen a game company so dead silent about a popular missing feature... and that's what this is, ultimately. A feature that is missing from KOTFE companions and beyond.