The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

When will the remaining companions appear?

JimmySole

Hopefully sometime before we're all collecting what's left of our social security/pensions.

Though seriously, we haven't a clue other than a kinda non-answer from an interview with Charles Boyd about it not happening with the Fallen Empire expansion and a nebulous sometime down the road which could be anything from what the next arc is after the Fallen Empire stuff to hopefully before the game eventually shuts down.

The rest of them said screw it, "we are not waiting any longer" so whats left joined forces stole a small freighter ship & went to Earth and started there own reality show called. 'The Real Misfits of SWTOR'. Where they gotten earth jobs and started dating Human Men and Women. They all live on a Cul-de-sac with their straight & gay Human lovers. They gripe to one another about their better halves while drinking Human alcoholic drinks. I mean its a reality show u know how that crap goes. Its all Brain dead tv.

So be sure to tune in Monday Nights at 8pm on ABC The REAL MISFITS OF SWTOR. Don't miss the last 10 minutes of next weeks show. You'll see what happens when a Human woman gives birth to an Ex Emperors Wrath offspring.

*I cringe at the thought*

Be there or the Force will Make you.

TRMOSWTOR is a Midichlorian Production...

Filmed on location at 1313 Mocking Bird Lane. Beverly Hills Ca. 90210

Edited by Sith-Viscera

Jimmy the best answer you will get is that there might be some companions returning during KotET but no guarantees and the rest might return someday.

There are about a dozen fan favorites that players REALLY want to come back through story, but BWA is being very closed-lipped about exactly when.

I know this answer sucks, but it's the best we the players can offer.

That's alright, thanks for the info though :)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...895606&page=24

Here's what Charles Boyd said in the livestream, courtesy of someone else on Tumblr:

tl:dr: Don't hold your breath (in a ramble even less clear than the blathering about Operations)

Charles Boyd: “Well, I’ve definitely seen a few saying, "will I get all of them back?”, and that is impossible. There’s definitely still a lot left, and that’s on us; so I know that and it’s something that pains me literally everyday because I really want to get those companions back. I can kinda talk about this for twenty minutes straight, cos it’s something that’s really important to me, it’s a key part of the story; balancing, moving the storyline forward, feeling like you’re seeing your decisions pay off quickly, that you’re seeing results, that we’re tying off story points like: what’s the deal with Arcann, what’s the deal with Valkorion, where’s this stuff with Zakuul going - balanced with getting characters back, introducing them to people who don’t know them, reminding you of them if you hadn’t seen them in a few years, and that sort of thing.

It’s a really tough thing to balance out, and I feel like we probably didn’t quite get that balance right, at least not as best as I would have liked it last year - so we wanted to focus this year’s storyline on moving the story forward, giving pay offs, giving resolution to a lot of the things that people were really wanting to see that we felt like were stretched out a little too much last year.

So that’s really the focus of the Chapters. Now: does that mean we’ll never get any of those companions back - absolutely not, I have said many times, and dug myself deep into a hole that I will probably be murdered over it at some point - it is my intention that you will get every companion back eventually as part of the story. Because to me, that is critical, they are awesome characters, they deserve storyline reintroductions that are appropriate to them, that really give you the feeling that you miss and give you the pay off that you want getting those characters back. I wanna really do them justice. But of course there’s quite a few of them left, that’s going to take some serious time to do. We’re going to do our best as time proceeds, we’ll figure out what the best way to do that is, and we’ll keep you all posted as we go.“

Might want to listen to

starting at 42.18 where they talk about the reasons they are not bringing the companions back in the new expansion.

• 1 month later...
I wish that they would bring Corso Riggs back. I know he's not a popular companion but I really did love him. It would be nice to at least have the option, like for alliance recruitment. Then again, he doesn't exactly have any incredible skills to offer soooo.... Oh well, for now I will hope.

Hope. Folly, more like it.

For your own good, perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the concept of saudade. The word doesn't exist in English, but in short, it's an expression of nostalgic longing for someone or something that is lost or disappeared. The feeling you get about something that has vanished intrinsically and irrecoverably. The feeling you get about something that was only in the moment, and is likely never to happen again. If you're lucky, you might find a replacement that vaguely recaptures that feeling... perhaps even bring you a semblance of the joy you felt. But even that is a shadow. If that original thing is returned, it will never be the same again.

Why am I telling you this? Because, in some way, I'm trying to prepare you for what lies ahead. For the game, and for the friends you cling to.

If he or the other LIs return (which I don't think is likely), it'll be another realtime year at least. The devs say they're going to bring them back, and that companions are "still a cornerstone"[1] but they wrote themselves into a corner with the story. Even if they tried to bring them back now, it's been something like over 5 years for your companions. And 5 years is a long time.

The ones who have sworn they'd find you even if it killed them, simply didn't. The Force users who should have been able to sense you, haven't. Even if your friends saw you on space tv, they didn't go find you. You were not important enough, or they had something to do, or they weren't interested enough in the Alliance that was forming out in Wild Space. They have given up, chose their own ambitions over you, are dead, or are so fundamentally different from the people they were that things could never realistically be the same.

The Jedi pride themselves on non-attachment. Why would one wait? The Sith would say leaving yourself vulnerable weakens you. Why would one wait? The bounty hunters, smugglers, officers, and scoundrels of the galaxy are fragile people covering their fragile hearts in fabric, leather, and metal. To them, it has been 5 years. You left them behind too. To them, you are dead.

Or worse, you may be the traitor. Your decisions may not have been your own, but you turned away from the Empire. You turned away from the Republic. You turned away from your aliit. Or your duty. Or your friends. Or those people you merely pretended to call friends. Can there ever be a resolution in which they don't challenge your decisions? 5 years is a long time.

But expect your allies back, if you want. Yet know they will be back only as shells. An Alliance alert, if anything. Hollow-eyed and voiceless, standing in the corner as if a decoration.

Fight, if you want. But know that your efforts change nothing. All your efforts are based on the whims of chance.

Gather your allies for battle. But know that there will be no guarantee for victory. Your goals will be ever shifting. You will never be able to rely on the results.

Try if you wish to seek others for aid, or personal growth, or to tell a story. But know that the time is coming when the words you speak will fall on empty ears. There will come a time when there are no listeners.

So yes. Hope for the better. And there may still be those who say that hope doesn't need to be earned. That hope keeps you going. That hope is a great thing. But unearned hope only wounds its carrier. That is why I say this story is one of saudade. The young have hope because they don't know any better. Those who know better understand the world is full of broken things. Make no mistake: this is the game you are playing.

They say there's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken.

Most of the companions being gone I'm fine with, even the ones they had come back were logical and made sense. The only ones i'm questioning about not returning are Kira and Jaesa. Kira was the Jedi Knight companion and i'm sure we all remember a part of the class story was the fact that she was a "child of the emperor". Personally, I think that would have made the storyline a bit more interesting.

Jaesa on the other hand, had extra special force powers and could see the "true" nature of people and what not. That too could have been an interesting perk to the storyline.

Well, we should give the devs more time, after all, there is a pretty bunch of characters they need to work on, on their stories from the 5 years wandering around. I am sure none of us want their story to be utterly ducked up and boring. But on the other side...I do expect them to deliver before we get bored by the game and only come back to play the companion stories and then quit again. I want to still be interested in this game, otherwise the level of enjoyment will fall beyond saving.

I would like to get a few of them back, as well!

I read (I believe it was Reddit) that the girl who voiced Jaesa was not available due to record updated voice-overs due to a schedule conflict making a movie. I don't know how reliable the information was or how it would affect future stories.