Buffs always fall off companions when you dismount

Trilella

I have all 4 buffs from my other characters when I cast mine cause I finished the Legacy unlock, but almost every time I dismount from my vehicle the buffs are no longer on the companion and I have to reactivate them.

Do the buffs do anything for companions anyways?

I know for most solo stuff we do it probably does not matter, maybe just on harder fights it helps if at all.

But whats the deal on why it always comes off?

Edited by Trilella

I've never done a detailed examination of my companion's stats with/without the buffs, but I do know that their HP goes up with the buffs. I would reason that the rest of the buffs work too.

They come off because it's "desummoned" even after just using the rocket boost.

I have noticed companions buffing themselves (and my character), but I'm not 100% sure what triggers that. They don't do it every time they're summoned.

For me, they allways buff themselves (and myself) when resummoned after mounting/dismounting. Sometimes, if I instantly go from a vehicle to a fight, they might not get the buffe, but as soon as the fight ends, they do buff themselves.

Every time you mount, your companion is desummoned, the same applies for using the rocket boost, since it technically counts as a vehicle that can be used anywhere, but a vehicle nevertheless.

It may be buggy, though. Sometimes it takes 1 sec for my companions to rebuff themselves, sometimes, it takes me to enter a phase for them to reapply the buff. Anyways, I haven't noticed any difference when they do have the buff and when they don't, I believe stats for companions are handled in a different way than player stats, so I'm not sure if they get any benefit from your buffs.