The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

too high price for rare cartel coin stuff

LordGeth

hello this is my first time doing this but this forum is about cartel coin shop and how much of pain it is to get a item that you want BADLY so I was thinking of a idea that would be perfect if a person spends $50.00 in to a pack they should get a token key to that pack a free choice of anyone item that can be obtain in that pack only one though instead of spending over $280.00 dollars for a mount or a pet or maybe a weapon or gear either or to me its a bit much to spend that on a box that well give you a chance of a item that you want and plus its a increase chance for people to pay 50 bucks for the deal instead of having them pay 20 for how ever many you can get in boxes and stopping there but its just a idea if you guess would be nice and comment on this I would be great and thank you so much sorry if am a noob on this lol :)

What they should do is giving us more reasonable odds on the desirable and hyped items. Right now almost everything you find in a pack is worth very little and people make up for overpriced hypercrates by selling desirables @ ridiculously high prices. If they weren't so rare, the prices would be spread out more evenly. That's bad for someone who's into pack trash but good for someone who's looking to buy highly sought-after items.

Unless and until people stop dropping large amounts of cash on gambling packs, they will not increase the drop rates or give people tokens for free items or any other benefits along those lines. Cartel prices are high and drop rates for good items are low but every month people drop cash to gamble on getting this items they want. As long as that happens they have absolutely no reason to change their pricing or drop rate structures no matter how much people may complain about it. Bioware are a business and their business model is raking in cash off hooked gamblers. Why would they change it to make if fairer, especially if that reduces the cash they rake in?

what does that have to do with anything? Past packs came with more stuff. Things obviously change with how they do it.

They came with the same amount of stuff, the past packs had 2 items just as the new ones do, just had extra xp boosts thats it, just saying this will never happen cause then they would just simply boycott the CM pulling a bait and switch for the past 2 1/2 years.

Edited by Theeko

{I'm sure Bioware would get behind a move that brings in (using OP's figures) $50 instead of $280. It sounds like a wise business venture. Making an item extremely rare so that people want it more, creating a huge demand so that the price can be increased? Please. Capitalism will never work}