Class Story Legacy Unlock

ShiningPolaris

:confused::confused:Okay, so every class has Legacy abilities which can be unlocked by doing the respective class story.

So here is my problem:

I have a Smuggler, Operative, and Trooper.

I did not finish all their class stories. (Stopped mid way through)

When my toons reached level 60, I started the KOTFE storyline

Now, my Smuggler and Operative have their Legacy Class unlocks unlocked.

Why didn't my Trooper unlocks the Legacy class unlock???

You get the legacy abilities at the end of the chapters.

Chapter 1: Emote "/baseclass"

Chapter 2: Class Buff

Chapter 3: Heroic moment ability

When you start KotFE before the end of a chapter you won't get the reward for finishing it.

So they replied to my Ticket and this is what they said:

Dear ShiningPolaris,

My name is Oisin R. from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service. Thanks for getting in contact with us about the Class Legacy Abilties.

Once a character accesses KOTFE all of the original chapters are automatically completed. This is neccessary to allow players to progress to the Knights of The Fallen Empire story line. However as the character has not actually progressed through each chapter and put in the leg work so to speak we do not grant them the chapter achievements or the Legacy abilties. This system is in place to prevent players from quickly boosting a range of characters to level 60 to achieve legendary status without actually having earned it. In your case if your Smuggler and Operative have received the legacy unlocks this is not working as intended and is for the want of a better word a bug. Your Trooper is the character which is actually working as intended and the Legacy Abilties should not be unlocked for him.

I hope that this information will help you understand the situation and why you have not received the achievement unlocks within your legacy.

So it was a bug that unlocked my legacy class unlocks. Well I guess that's fine and I guess the problem is resolved.

Thanks everyone for replying this thread. :D

Edited by ShiningPolaris

The good news is that if you really want those unlocks, it takes very little time to level up a new character. You can just run through the class story without doing any of the side quests. My suggestion is do every quest on the first planet so that you are overleveled and on later planets do the heroic quests any time you find yourself falling back (and to get some new level-appropriate equipment).

The good news is that if you really want those unlocks, it takes very little time to level up a new character. You can just run through the class story without doing any of the side quests. My suggestion is do every quest on the first planet so that you are overleveled and on later planets do the heroic quests any time you find yourself falling back (and to get some new level-appropriate equipment).

Thanks for the tip! Since it's a trooper toon I may have to resort to skipping the story cuz most ppl say the story is crap.

Thanks for the tip! Since it's a trooper toon I may have to resort to skipping the story cuz most ppl say the story is crap.

No, to get the credit, you must run through the whole story. And I say it's a pretty good story. Now what are you going to do? Who are you going to believe? Perhaps you should, you know, try it. Maybe you'll be like me, and actually like it.

• 3 years later...