The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Comparitively low health levels...

Christov

Hi all,

So I've been trying to tank a few things with my powertech shield build and I'm only lvl 23 but I've noticed a distinct lack in health pool compared to other classes.

I've been gearing for endurance/aim (with endurance as a priority in this case) and still even Mako has more health than me! I've got my Hunter's Boon cast all the time but I ran into a Sith the other day who was a healer but had 1k more health than me... absurd!

Is it just that I'm gearing wrong or does the BH Powertech tank have a bit less health than other classes by design?

its all about the gear ... if you have less health then some juggernaut get better gear ...

Like I say I've been prioritising Endurance, and I've replaced everything I had when I started Balmorra... so it's all new stuff. And a lot of it is Blue or Orange with endurance oriented slots.... still seem to be suffering with the health pool tho ¬_¬

It might all be new stuff, but are you sure you havn't out levelled the content?

Unfortunately for me I love PvP, by the time I'd hit Balmorra I was level 23.

Balmorra is a 19-22 iirc, admittedly I was 23 by the time I left, but only just.

Just saw a sith assassin with 300 more health than me and the same level, do the sith have some kind of endurance boosting talent? I know we've got Hunter's Boon but maybe they've got something else....

EDIT: Just answered my own question, sith assassins get a 3% endurance boost through talents at tier 2 level so this could be why I'm seeing so many of them with more health than me right now.

EDIT2: Also just noticed an identical talent in the powertech talents, but not in the shield tech... should probably looked around a bit more :p Guess I'll take that on the next 3 levels and see how I'm looking then.

Edited by Christov

Balmorra is a 19-22 iirc, admittedly I was 23 by the time I left, but only just.

Just saw a sith assassin with 300 more health than me and the same level, do the sith have some kind of endurance boosting talent? I know we've got Hunter's Boon but maybe they've got something else....

EDIT: Just answered my own question, sith assassins get a 3% endurance boost through talents at tier 2 level so this could be why I'm seeing so many of them with more health than me right now.

EDIT2: Also just noticed an identical talent in the powertech talents, but not in the shield tech... should probably looked around a bit more :p Guess I'll take that on the next 3 levels and see how I'm looking then.

The 3% boost talent is utterly worthless.

Minimum HP should be as follows:

level 20-3000ish

level 30-6000ish

level 40-9000ish

level 50-12000ish

These are the MINIMUM at this point I am 42 and have 12.5 and I see a lot of 50's with less (sucks to be them?). You need to be on top of your relics, matrix shard, implants and ear piece. You won’t even get an implant until roughly 25, so that is another reason why your hp is looking sparse.

Truck through till 40, buy your full pvp set, it will make you feel a lot better. In the mean time, work the GTN and try to score yourself a decent offhand and some other things you can level into. I got 2 epic implants that are level 37 that will last me close till 50 for 10k each.

Don't worry about measuring your HP manhood against other classes right now; at 50, show them they made the mistake of not rolling a Powertech.

Edited by Gizzle

Trying not to worry too much as like any other MMO the real game starts at endgame ;)

I think I need to get on top of my implants and relics... questing has given me one implant so far but I think I need to get more! Sadly just bought my speeder so cash is a problem :p