Bounty Hunter and Trooper Changes

EricMusco

Well darn, there goes my Mercenary's rocket punch, not happy to see that additional change slipped into the patch notes.

Since I use a DPS companion and mostly solo, I get a lot of mobs running up to me, and rocket punch was such a fun ability. Sure, she's a ranged fighter and shoots more kolto than anything else, but if you get in her face she's still tough enough to kick you in the face (even if she jets out after)! Not anymore, I guess. :(

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, playing PT in nightmare is really boring, you cant deal against all those reflect on other class.

Bring back: Close and Personnal like it was on 4.0

REMOVE THIS NEW EXPLOSIVE DART and bring back the old one CUZ WE NEED PRECAST AND RANGE for reset the DoT ffs

Bring back 15m on Death from above.

And maybe after it will be funny to play PT in nightmare.

• 1 month later...

Just going to add my 2 cents.

Firestorm/Flamethrower animations should have never been changed. That was a huge selling point for my PT tank I've played since launch. Searing Wave (or Flame Fart as I like to call it) is just terrible, and only looks like it would be effective for removing enemy eyebrows.

I'm okay with the change to Death From Above and Explosive Dart, but I really think powertechs should be given a new ability to make up for the clunky play style they suffer from now (and to replace the one that has been removed).

Edited by JoeKickarse

• 1 month later...

Removing flamethrower and rocket punch take the coolness and fun out of playing mercenary.. Without them, mercenary loses its uniqueness and is basically a gunslinger now..which imo is the most boring class in the game.

In general, removing uniqueness, especially well liked and core ones, to shore up an archetype issue is an atrocious move. I would have no problem with correcting the abilities or adjusting, but outright removal is lazy and thoughtless.

Especially for a game about story and immersion...its infuriating to lose these abilities on a class I love and have had since the game launched, and also still have my character use them in cutscenes and every time I burn out a computer console or other object.

Also, we now have no way to deal with close quarters other than turning completely defensive.

Long story short though....this is gonna lead to me no longer playing my merc. The class has been totally changed from a interesting heavy long range class that had a couple options to interact in close quarters when thrust in your face, to a remote turret that just stands there and fires; I might as well be a class with Cover.

Exchanging core characteristics while trying to tout how many rockets you now have is FAIL.

This change to make PT/VG a melee class with no melee weapon, horrible energy management and absolutely atrocious defensive capabilities compared to the merc/comm was just asinine in the extreme.

Hell a merc/comm can tank better for the sheer fact of self heals and DCDs they have. Also add in that Mercs/comm have more abilities than they know what to do with where as the VG/PT have so few abilities it's asinine that we for half our rotation have to spam hammer shot, these changes were the dumbest I've seen yet.

Explosive dart/sticky grenade and plasma grenade/fusion missile can easily be taken off the Merc/Comm and given to the PT/VG with zero loss in DPM for the merc/comm. Also the new animations for Arty barrage and the optimus prime attack for PT are just atrocious. GIVE BACK MORTAR BARRAGE and Death from ABOVE. The Merc/Comm don't really need it as they have hail of rounds that they can spamm anyways.

Also if you want VG/PT in melee range, well and good, but some of their abilities need to go to 20m range. Rail shot/HiB need to be 20m, the arty barrage needs to be at 20m. And also most of the Advanced Prototoype/Tactics need to be at 20m so you have a slightly ranged spec for VG/PT while the tank and pyro specs can be at shorter ranges. Also translocate, garbage, get rid of it. Not even worth it. Take gut from the tactics disipline and put it in the sheild spec and then replace gut with another ranged attack.

Also one final thing. Jet attack/storm at lvl 59? Are you fu**ing kidding me?! REALLY?! SERIOUSLY?! Put that crap back at lvl 2. There is no goddamn reason the Guardian/Jugg get theirs off the back and VG/PT have to wait till almost end game to get their closing attack. Absolute fu**ing garbage! :mad:

5.0 destroyed the PT/Vanguard class. Everything of the new skills looks cheap an painfull. A perfect class is falling to totaly garbage. Even an Ruffian has more ranged abilities now

• 3 weeks later...

Alas, too bad the devs still don't give a crap that all those needless changes are pretty well universally reviled. Don't know why they bothered to make a forum thread about it if they can't even be arsed to respond, and clearly will never change anything back. Isn't that what patch notes are for? But no, instead, they just keep on truckin' wrecking the class, and lazily to boot. At least nine different PT moves use the exact same animation now, and that's just by my immediate count. They even removed the sound from Heat Blast entirely on top of making it another of those animation casualties (and did the same for Vanguard's Energy Blast). First you take away Flamethrower, and now I don't get to use my blaster for anything ever. Great. Not to mention the idiot parade that is "Deadly Onslaught."

I know, I know. I already wrote a whole tirade about this in its own thread a while back, but I saw this and just had to express my deep and unremitting irritation one more futile time.

• 2 weeks later...
Vanguard suffers greatly from lack of useful self heal. It has 1 main damage reduction skill of 25 %, while a jugg has 40 % one. Its self heal is pitiable and is only useful to counter trash. AOE damage is meh. There is a single high dps /burst ability. HiB is anemic compared to the need to be set up and its range is too small. So all what a shield Vanguard has is its shield and absorb, aka tankiness. In pvp I had moderate success only with a healer as partner. In arenas TV insta focused before it can pop a CD and squished. In PVE its ok but I only play SM ops. Did a few HM and it was tankable. Threat maintenance is okish with an utility enhanced neural jolt although AOE taunt takes too long to recharge. Hook's threat generation is often unreliable. But you are a tank and people are still happy in groups and noone has complained about my class. Edited by Dzsewdow
Typos

I have to say that it was not till i decided to try my BH after a long time away and was wondering what was going on with missing skills took me a few days to realize that it was rocketpunch and flamethrower. I decided to google it and came across this thread last night, add to that I was watching some youtube videos and saw one names 10 top things devs have done to keep people from playing games, havnt watched it as well after the DDO greed fiasco I find it stupid that developers will do stupid things and never own up to it. This thread is evidence that they do not care if we like or hate things what matters is their pockets. They have turned the focus on getting new players not keeping the old player base and is why i left the game for a year, give or take. As it stands now not even sure i will remain as they nerfed my favorite classes to the point that its pointless to even play my higher levels and I really am tired of releveling toons smooth move Devs, though i dare say that you can care less what we 'the players' think enough to read this thread.