Thank you BW! Thank you Eric! & CS

americanaussie

For me, Firebrand never auto-started because there's a break after chapter 9 in which you're supposed to do Star Fortress and Alliance alerts.

But please report back when you get to chapter 11. :)

ETA: Ok, for me chapter 11 still auto-starts when I try to enter the base for anything. So no change, I guess.

Edited by KyaniteD

For me, Firebrand never auto-started because there's a break after chapter 9 in which you're supposed to do Star Fortress and Alliance alerts.

ETA: Ok, for me chapter 11 still auto-starts when I try to enter the base for anything. So no change, I guess.

I was going to say because I just did a full playthrough of KOTFE to finish up Dark versus Light Eternal and while it stopped between 9 and 10, everything else was annoyingly auto-started.

Cause it is supposed to auto start. If you didn't want to do the chapters after chapter 9 then you shouldn't have started them so now you have to finish

Cause it is supposed to auto start. If you didn't want to do the chapters after chapter 9 then you shouldn't have started them so now you have to finish

You seem to forget, though, that the chapters were originally released in a 1-month interval, and when I did chapter 10 on this character I wasn't aware chapter 11 one month later would auto-start. (Chapters 1-9 could be interrupted and continued with the play button, there wasn't anything that could auto-trigger them.)

Beyond that, playing through all chapters in a story-appreciating and RP'ing way at once takes more time than I have at my disposable in a single setting and I just may want to do something else when I log in the next time before continuing with the next chapter. The fact that just starting chapter 10 forces the rest of the chapters on me every single time I want to go to the alliance base is, plain and simple, annoying. In general, the fact that we're basically on rails as soon as we start KotFE is another aspect that I don't like about it.

Edited by KyaniteD

Hmm. Well I know Kaliyos autostarted with my other characters. I had to click play but it gave me a weird error telling me to complete the chapter I was on first. I had to leave the war room then hit play. In the 6 times I've played it that's never happened. I'll let you know when I get to 11. :)

I don't know about you, but I don't want to do seven chapters in one sitting, and I still like to visit my base to hand in crates and do alerts. Auto start is a bad design when there are other thing to do in that space.

Those auto starts really, really, irritate me.

Especially ones that remove all companions.

What muppet thought this was a good idea?

I don't think anyone thought it was a good idea. I see it as one of the things bioware doesn't control in this game.

Example, the 5th fortress, bioware tell people, "no 125% bonus with the 5th fortress". We end up with the 125% bonus that was never going to happen, they couldn't or don't want to fix it, I don't know, so they let it go even if that means contradicting themselves.

I feel like it's the same kind of situation, they don't really speak about that subject, hoping people will just be used to it, but they're completely aware that people don't like this auto-start, people complained a lot during KOTFE, and it caused a lot of issue for some, ftp players stucked because a chapter they can't acces auto starts, impossible to access the Alliance base...

I'm not really surpise as bioware let a lot of issues unfixed in this game, but by the time chapters were released, I'm pretty sure some dev said they will "look on" that matter... And nothing had ever been done. Since it's not a big thing, I fear they just don't know how to do.

Edited by RswanBing

I don't know about you, but I don't want to do seven chapters in one sitting, and I still like to visit my base to hand in crates and do alerts. Auto start is a bad design when there are other thing to do in that space.

So I did chapter X today, which I hate with a passion, to get it over with and then chapter 11 auto-started. So it brought me to Zakuul and once the cinematic was done I went to the fleet and as such I do not need to continue chapter 11. So ok, it's a little annoying but you can actually stop at any time and get back into it later. Nothing says you have to do 7 chapters in a row.

So I did chapter X today, which I hate with a passion, to get it over with and then chapter 11 auto-started. So it brought me to Zakuul and once the cinematic was done I went to the fleet and as such I do not need to continue chapter 11. So ok, it's a little annoying but you can actually stop at any time and get back into it later. Nothing says you have to do 7 chapters in a row.

Now enter the Alliance war room again. And the chapter will start. EVERY. TIME. Now imagine you don't want to do the chapter now and instead you will boost your "Experts" via crates. And imagine that every time you enter the green door it will start. No big deal, right? RIGHT?!

That's what are people talking about, it's not about a one time auto start, it's about starting ALL THE TIME.

Now enter the Alliance war room again. And the chapter will start. EVERY. TIME. Now imagine you don't want to do the chapter now and instead you will boost your "Experts" via crates. And imagine that every time you enter the green door it will start. No big deal, right? RIGHT?!

That's what are people talking about, it's not about a one time auto start, it's about starting ALL THE TIME.

I see. Guess that's never happened to me since I don't give a rat's behind about those crates, but others do, so I see your point.

While this is true for ALL the chapters, a concern is that one HAS to at least start the next chapter before being able to break from the story. IMO this is akin to while reading a book, starting a new chapter reading the first couple of paragraphs and then stopping...It just does not feel quite right. That does not stop me from doing it in KOTFE because like so many others, I just cannot do all the chapters in one sitting, but I still get a "bad vibe" from doing so.

While this is true for ALL the chapters, a concern is that one HAS to at least start the next chapter before being able to break from the story. IMO this is akin to while reading a book, starting a new chapter reading the first couple of paragraphs and then stopping...It just does not feel quite right. That does not stop me from doing it in KOTFE because like so many others, I just cannot do all the chapters in one sitting, but I still get a "bad vibe" from doing so.

Which is why I qualified it as a little annoying.