The Case of the Mystery Headgear! or Hey! That's Not My Hat

eriksarcasm

So here's a thing that I haven't noticed before: On one of my toons, I don't have a headgear piece set in my outfit design. It defaults to whatever piece I'm wearing at the moment. I keep it set to Hide Head Slot usually. But, when I turn HHS off, a completely different hat appears on my character! It shows the correct piece in the preview window, character pane and outfit design window, but not on my actual toon. What up wit dat?

Discuss

Not sure if this is what you mean but if you do not fit a gearpiece in a slot in the outfit designer it will default to what you're actually wearing. So if you don't have a headpiece slotted in the outfit designer it will default to the headpiece you are actually wearing. The solution is simple: Just hide the headslot or slot a headpiece in the outfit designer.

It's not so much a bug as a design issue I would say.

Edited by Tsillah

Not sure if this is what you mean but if you do not fit a gearpiece in a slot in the outfit designer it will default to what you're actually wearing. So if you don't have a headpiece slotted in the outfit designer it will default to the headpiece you are actually wearing. The solution is simple: Just hide the headslot or slot a headpiece in the outfit designer.

It's not so much a bug as a design issue I would say.

The OP already explained that. He is saying a totally different headpiece shows up, one that he doesn't have equipped in slots.

Add a headpiece to your outfit, enable hide head slot. That should fix your problem. Always does for me.

Well...yeah....

OBVIOUSLY I could do that. Of course I knew that. I was just... I... wanted... to see if YOU knew that!

*wanders off whistling innocently*