Here's what a truly BAD launch looks like

Alyxa

Lol You could have downloaded a while ago, I saw no ques at all at my buddies place, and guess what this isnt a launch lol. The game launch is set at 12/20 US 12/22 EU, this is an early access they are allowing people into, not because your owed but because they allow you. And if you have ever launched ANY other mmo you would expect issues. Fail post FTL, way to go.

If you actually read the post you would see they arent talking about THIS launch.......

Do people read?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a truly bad post looks like a wall o text

TLDR pls?

It's better for some people to be able to play a polished game than it is to wait in a queue for a server to go down, and when you get in the game is literally unplayable. All because people think others who paid and registered before them shouldn't get in earlier.

Its the difference between knowing when you may get in versus sitting in the dark. True everyone could go do something else, but they're waiting on their e-mail (could essentially be looked at as a queue timer) not knowing at all whether waiting an hour to play is possible of whether or not they have to wait a day.

Most people would see a day long queue and find something else to do, its the fact that we don't know that is making so many people rage... That plus there is a very small amount of people accepted in each wave, so with such a large community it seems like a drop in the bucket.

Its the difference between knowing when you may get in versus sitting in the dark. True everyone could go do something else, but they're waiting on their e-mail (could essentially be looked at as a queue timer) not knowing at all whether waiting an hour to play is possible of whether or not they have to wait a day.

Most people would see a day long queue and find something else to do, its the fact that we don't know that is making so many people rage... That plus there is a very small amount of people accepted in each wave, so with such a large community it seems like a drop in the bucket.

So don't sit in the dark... get up and do something else. Check your email periodically if you absolutely must but don't sit at your pc like a good.

Lol You could have downloaded a while ago, I saw no ques at all at my buddies place, and guess what this isnt a launch lol. The game launch is set at 12/20 US 12/22 EU, this is an early access they are allowing people into, not because your owed but because they allow you. And if you have ever launched ANY other mmo you would expect issues. Fail post FTL, way to go.

Okay... THIS! is the funniest part of the entire thread. just lets it be known that NASA really lets the chimpanzee's post on the internet.... either that or lobotomy patients....

I would say the complaint of servers not working is valid, whining because you didn't get early access yet is childish, but think about it this issue....

If they can't handle the load of people playing now, what happens when on 20th everyone and their mother who didn't pre-order plays. The number of people going to play is only going to increase.

This isn't even everyone hell, this is a portion of people who per-ordered. I got mine in October, and I get in on the 15th.

Between now, and 20th they need to get some more big *** servers to handle the number of people playing. If you have servers, now is the time to gather them.

He was quoting another MMO experience. Congrats on totally missing the point dude.

You obviously never saw Darkfalls launch.

It was a nightmare just buying the game!

That launch... i don't even know how to describe it. I had to of googled how to actually purchase the game so many times. Game was decent though, at least for awhile.

(I've read all the previous pages)

@OP I agree with you mostly. This has been said said a ton of times, but the game has 'technically' Launched, but hasn't released. When you pre-ordered you knew it was going to be staggered. I like having a smooth, enjoyable game to play when i can, not queue timers, lag, or terrible FPS drops. (By the way, i haven't got it yet, i pre-ordered CE in Mid August and only feel entitled to one second of early access, i mean one second is still considered early, which is what i payed for.)

Edited by MNSniper

Thank you, Alyxa! And thanks to the others who read (and understood) the OP. I was about to give up on the forums completely.

And I have to give Drakinor credit -- at least he acknowledged his mistake after his first post. So many others have responded without comprehension and haven't said a word. Or worse, they still don't realize their mistake!

Also, does anyone else get images of Kurt Vonnegut's story about equality when reading the posts on how "at least it would be equal" if we all got in at once and had 3 hour queues and lags instead of a staggered release? Maybe dexterous typists should have to have micro-weights attached to their fingers...

Edited by sabreene

This isn't even everyone hell, this is a portion of people who per-ordered. I got mine in October, and I get in on the 15th.

How do you know this? Did you already get your email for it?

That's all I want. I just want to freakin know when I get in. I dont' care when, but I hate not knowing & sitting around while my friends play

Thank you, Alyxa! And thanks to the others who read (and understood) the OP. I was about to give up on the forums completely.

And I have to give Drakinor credit -- at least he acknowledged his mistake after his first post. So many others have responded without comprehension and haven't said a word. Or worse, they still don't realize their mistake!

Also, does anyone else get images of Kurt Vonnegut's story about equality when reading the posts on how "at least it would be equal" if we all got in at once and had 3 hour queues and lags instead of a staggered release? Maybe dexterous typists should have to have micro-weights attached to their fingers...

A staggered release has waves spread out with confirmed intervals. They don't start whenever Fred from Accounting needs to take a dump and end for 18 hours because Mr. Hendricksen from Shipping and Receiving have to be home in time for dinner or else his wife will kill him.

This is a messy and embarassing release, to say the least. They have no order whatsoever. I understand the need to be flexible, but they just seem to do things whenever they have finished brewing a fresh pot of coffee.

What people seem to be blissfully negligent about when making these "They're staggering access for less server stress / queue time" arguments is that at one point.. ALL of these people WILL be on the servers at the SAME time.

There will be queue times.

There will be server stress.

There will be crashes.

All they are doing is alienating a great majority of players and giving blatant advantage to others. The above is inevitable for an MMO launch. There will be thousands upon thousands of people online at ONE time, regardless.

Stop being so ignorant.

Edited by Xeroxfaew

You're allowed to download the game client starting the day before launch. It takes you the better part of a day because everyone and their grandmother and their dog are all trying to get the game installed before launch.

You finally get the game installed and fired up. You log in. You're #785 in a queue. It takes 3 hours to get into the game.

You get into the game, but the server lag is freaking terrible. Like you can't even move. You get disconnected.

You have to log in again, but LUCKILY you don't have to wait in queue again. You get into the game, but then the server crashes.

2 hours later you get an update on the game launcher from an hour ago saying that they'll have an update in 30 minutes. Ho hum. Servers down. For forever. Wasted Pizza Hutt and Full Throttles. Never really know *** happened.

When the servers do finally come back up (the next morning), you get in and everything seems good. Except there are 20 people sitting on a quest giver, making him unclickable. And then you have to go fight over mob spawns against 20 other people. Then you get to the part of the quest where you kill "the big guy" and you're stuck waiting to get your quest kill of ONE MOB, while you're getting ganked, and that stupid warrior's charge tagged the mob before you could get off a moonfire.

You finally get your quest kill and you have to go digging through a stack of players AGAIN to turn in your quest.

And then you get a game announcement saying that they're doing a server rollback.

So an hour later after they finally get the servers back up when it should have taken 15 minutes, you have to deal with 20 people camping the same mob YOU ALREADY KILLED while you're getting ganked and that stupid warrior's charge tagged the mob before you could get off a moonfire, and then you have to go digging through a stack of players again AGAIN to turn in your quest AGAIN.

So...

Am I a little frustrated that other people are playing the game that I'm DYING to play? Yes.

Am I frustrated that BW apparently decided to call it a day early and stop sending out waves for 16 and a half hours? Yes.

Could they have done this some other, better, way? Probably.

But "the worst launch ever"? I'm sorry, but no. BW made it known from DAY ONE that not everyone was getting into the game on day one of early access. And if it means that I don't have to sit for four hours in a queue so the servers can crash before I have to fight 50 people for the same respawns so they can rollback the servers and I have to do it all over again, then... Okay.

READ THE WHOLE POST, Then comment.

The worst launch ive ever been in was AOC, the game was barely in a beta state when it launched. i never made it past the 3rd week before quiting.

To be honest i think its a great idea staggering people in the EGA. it gives people time to filter out of the starter areas. thats usually the struggle on launch day is the starter zones and waiting on the mobs to respawn.

The worst launch ive ever been in was AOC, the game was barely in a beta state when it launched. i never made it past the 3rd week before quiting.

To be honest i think its a great idea staggering people in the EGA. it gives people time to filter out of the starter areas. thats usually the struggle on launch day is the starter zones and waiting on the mobs to respawn.

Staggered release is a great idea on paper, but so is communism. BioWare failed horribly at implementing it or even letting us know anything about anything that was going on behind the scenes. Just some information and a hell of a lot better use of time on BW's part, and everything would be golden.