Multiple legacies

fatecaster

I seriously, seriously hope that's not the case. IF it is, that's completely lame and I would have NEVER made one to begin with. My Imperial character shouldn't have the same last name as my Republic characters. They should not have any relation to each other whatsoever, and I shouldn't be forced to have any of my characters connected if I don't want them to be.

• 1 year later...
I seriously, seriously hope that's not the case. IF it is, that's completely lame and I would have NEVER made one to begin with. My Imperial character shouldn't have the same last name as my Republic characters. They should not have any relation to each other whatsoever, and I shouldn't be forced to have any of my characters connected if I don't want them to be.

Ever heard of the SKYWALKERS! Wasn't the original story of star wars about the same family legacy being split between the empire and Alliance? yes. I think its an awesome idea.

Then don't use the (completely cosmetic) family tree function and don't display Legacy?

Well family members can jump sides in the stories, so one family branched over both sides is ok, two people who are only connected by being defined as rivals sharing a surname is not. And forcing every species you play into one family tree is ridiculous, again especially if the only connection to other players (or other side of the "family in my legacy) is via rivalry. Multiple families in the legacy would help, even if only two families, allowing some sense of realism into it, also I could give both sides decently fitting names, rather than going for a compromise name that might fit in both the Empire and the Republic.

Legacy is mostly there for your personal headcanon, IF you want to use it for that. It has some limitations though: there's only 1 single tree, and you can't make cross connections within that tree. So you can't give your Jedi Knight 2 sons who are also rivals of eachother. It's a classic storyline, but you can't display it like that in the Legacy tree. They're either rivals of eachother, which means one of the two can't be listed as "son", or they're both listed as sons, in which case they won't be listed as rivals.

All children are also single-parented, no matter if their parent is married or not, they're linked to only 1 parent.

Now, I figure this was done to prevent people from setting up certain "tabboo" connections, like marriage between sibblings or something. Or that the developers simply couldn't come up with a convenient way of making such connections within the interface.