How do you play your Sith Warrior?

Stultophobe

(No real spoilers here.)

Tried pure LS Warrior, which felt unique. I thought I liked it for the first chapter but the charm wore off quick and upon reflection it made no sense to me lore-wise, especially playing an Imperial-educated Pureblood. I liked the whole "honorable Sith" thing, but that was the only redeeming element for my LS playthrough.

Pure DS Warrior playthrough -- what is there to say? Pure DS Warrior is the galaxy's biggest ******e. I personally found it equal parts predictable and off-putting.

Unsatisfied with both LS and DS playthroughs, I tried various combinations of the two. In most cases, it just becomes morally contradictory and confusing.

For my main Warrior I use to run story content, I simply dropped all concern about LS/DS ratios and decided on a rough moral code of conduct prioritizing the Sith Code, loyalty to the Empire, pragmatism and honor. For most choices, I simply ask myself "What would Quinn do?" (WWQD). This has resulted in an approximate 2/5 LS to DS ratio total from Chapters 1-16, although that's not factoring in FPs in which I typically rack up DS points.

It's important to me that my Warrior have both negative and redeeming characteristics, otherwise the story becomes bland and I simply lose interest. For instance, my Pureblood might be an unremitting racist but will still honor individual aliens (and Jedi) who prove their merit (i.e. Vette). While ruthless in his conviction to the Sith Code, he nevertheless seeks to know his enemy (Sun Tzu-style) and uses his understanding of the Jedi Code to undermine the certainty of his Jedi opponents (i.e. End of Chapter I & Belsavis). While not phased by the Empire's use of slavery, he still believes those strong enough to fight for it deserve freedom. In KotFE, it is perhaps ironically (perhaps not at all ironically) the Sith Code which transforms him into a through-and-through freedom-fighter/liberator figure following the formation of the Alliance.

Don't get me wrong, my Sith is a horrible person by Western moral standards, just not irredeemably horrible and unsympathetic like pure DS.

I will say that deciding LS/DS ratio was irrelevant story-wise was very liberating and made for a much more enjoyable, believable, immersive experience, at least from a writer's perspective. In my opinion, continuity is very important no matter what class you're playing (if you care about that kind of stuff).

Anyways, how do you play your Sith Warrior?

I have 3 Sith warriors females . All LS .

Like you , mine (my 1st) started off all about honor and stuff . But later on , especially..I think after Balmorra is where the honors options stop . And then you just find yourself Jammed into things you rather had better options for .

So she grow from just about honor to testing her own resolve . Letting Jedi walk away , and defeating their resolves yet not taking their lifes . Then it became about changing the Empire from within . (yup....I went there lol) .

In the end , I would say that my sith wrath is how I would imagine a female Marr but LS .

She doesn't aim to destroy the repb . She believe both light and dark could live in harmony without reaching out to wipe each others completely . If anything , fighting would be the dialogues in wich they speak . Hence why she never kill her opponent , for the scar and humiliations..creating doubt in their belief in the defeat..is a better message then just dying .

It's like blocking the dark side with your weapon and you are standing in the light . Yet that same light can't embrace you completely because you are at it edge .

Dunno if that make sense lol but that's the best way I can describe the journey of my Wrath . :D

LS leaning, while having some DS moments.

When it's moments of great importance, it's generally light side. When it's moments about "do I take my personal revenge or not" then it's usually personal revenge. :p Also, for things like moments of "Spare the 100 engineers of the enemy, because, hey, they're engineers" usually goes to the dark side...because they're still the enemy.

I wouldn't call my SW a hater of the Rep or lover of the Emp though. :p

My Warrior, whose character I really enjoy, is sort of what TVTropes might call a Blood Knight. He's going around Sith-ing primarily so he can face down and defeat powerful enemies. He generally won't fight enemies who are beneath his notice. He also has a lot of respect for bravery (defined as "being afraid, and acting anyway"), but no patience for people who are cowardly, or foolishly arrogance. People who stand up to him and can't back it up meet messy ends, as do people who beg. People who realize they might be about to die and stand their ground for an ideal or the like often get spared. He likes getting into people's heads though too, and will try to see how far he can go to break people's wills along with their bodies, though, too.

I tend to stick to faction alignment with the force users. Light side Jedi, Dark Side Sith.

My Warrior was a lot less DS than my Inquisitor however. The Inquisitor is at Dark V and is pretty much evil incarnate, much like the model for the class. (Palpatine)

My Warrior is at Dark II.

Both of my personal canon Jedi are at Light V.

I tried to play my my marauder as if she was raised on tales and legends of heroic and powerful sith warriors, which heavily clashed with what sith order (and Empire overall) really is. As such, she remained strong believer in idea of dark side and Sith code, and fierce Imperial loyalist, while also despising most other sith for their intrigues and duplicity.

She follows very strict code. Respects personal sthrength and willpower above all. Enjoys fighting and killing, but doesn't kill civilians as there's no honor in it. If enemy was strong enough and doesn't beg for his life, she may spare him out of respect. She doesn't mind situational alliences with Republic forces, and she will part ways with them peacefuly as long as they don't try to backstab her. She is painfuly honest, and will always stick to her word once given. She kills traitors of any kind, regardless of which side they betrayed. Has 0 tolerance for cowards and incompetent people. Always pursues revenge till the death of offender. She does watch out and care for her people if they show bravery, and believes wasting forces "just becouse" and killing underlings "for fun" are signs of weakness and incompetence, if not direct sabotage and treason. Despises jedis, thinking they are weak hypocrites who abandon their principles at short notice. However, respects those individual jedis who proved their strength and proper devotion to their code.

Overall, she operates with pretty binary logic, which does put her into many moments of self-doubt during course of the story, and gets her more and more frustrated with how rotten sith order is, and how Empire doesn't catch up to her ideals. In post of Empire's Wrath she decides to keep Dak Council in check to make sure their power-plays don't sabotage imperial interests.

I think I ended LS2 with her.

Edited by Frenesi

LS is fun for a change of pace, but most of my warriors have been dark. The main appeal of the SW story, to me, is the power fantasy aspect of it and DS plays up the power part far more than LS, so it's more enjoyable.

Plus, LS Jaesa is just so vanilla boring to me I want to fall asleep, so having the DS version of her is important.

Mine are all Purebloods that are mostly lightsided as I tend to go more along the lines of she's loyal to the Empire but utterly disgusted with what the Sith have become with all the putting self interest above what's good for the Empire. They essentially go the lead by example route so they think longterm and are more pragmatic. With Jedi, they go the crush them through mindgaming route to damage the Order in more long lasting ways than going the quick route of killing them off.

Mine are all Purebloods that are mostly lightsided as I tend to go more along the lines of she's loyal to the Empire but utterly disgusted with what the Sith have become with all the putting self interest above what's good for the Empire. They essentially go the lead by example route so they think longterm and are more pragmatic. With Jedi, they go the crush them through mindgaming route to damage the Order in more long lasting ways than going the quick route of killing them off.

Pureblood wrath look so damn fine! mine are as well :D

Pureblood wrath look so damn fine! mine are as well :D

To make a really fine-looking Wrath, get the 200-blue level 61 Charged Hypercloth armour, and wear it all, *especially* the helmet.(1) You end up looking like what the Dread Masters should have looked like, instead of all that black-and-yellow stripy nonsense.

(1) Optional: track down some "quiet" wristguards (I use "Covert Energy" ones) if you have the bright turquoise-blue "Missing Material" material on the Charged Hypercloth ones, like I do.

To make a really fine-looking Wrath, get the 200-blue level 61 Charged Hypercloth armour, and wear it all, *especially* the helmet.(1) You end up looking like what the Dread Masters should have looked like, instead of all that black-and-yellow stripy nonsense.

(1) Optional: track down some "quiet" wristguards (I use "Covert Energy" ones) if you have the bright turquoise-blue "Missing Material" material on the Charged Hypercloth ones, like I do.

Those Jinchuuriki? lol

Yeah but without the helmet , it doesn't have that effect right? cose I never use the helmet . Well unless its a hood .

This is what my main wrath is wearing : https://s11.postimg.org/dftrhjl2r/swtor_2015_02_02_09_24_30_73.jpg

My warrior is DS but makes LS decisions when it benefits them, like killing Lord Grathan instead of his son, sparing hutts on Nar Shaddaa (what point of making allies and then kill them without any reason?).

Gotta kill some of the biggest slave owners in the galaxy, because I was a slave! So says my Inquisitor :)

After looking that up on Tor-fashion, I can say you are definitely not helping my addiction to playing dress up with my characters.

My sith usually goes somewhere in between light and dark. Samurai way is the best way to describe, them(have 2). Don't go around just murdering innocent people. If you're not a combatant and don't raise a weapon my SW doesn't care. However, second you raise that weapon, you're a threat and you get put down and made sure to STAY DOWN.

Why in fights with jedi, he kills them. Not for blood lust, but because honor demands it. Only way for him to truly claim victory, is to take the kill.

My SW is based somewhat on Conan. I borrowed the SI slave background a little.

He was a slave gladIator who in one match instinctively force-crushed the windpipe of an opponent. He was sent to Korriban where the story begins. He is mostly LS, because he believes in freedom, but definetly isn't above crushing his enemies, seeing them driven before him, and hearing the lamentation of their women.

My characters are rarely pure LS or DS, and neither is my pureblood Warrior. As of this writing (still on Dromund Kaas) he is Dark I - my very first DS character, actually. My idea of him is that he embodies the Social Darwinist aspect of the Sith philosophy - those who die deserve to die, those who become slaves deserve to be slaves, and the weak must either be destroyed or used as tools. And yes, he does have a code of honor, but it is a Sith code of honor, based on the ideas described above.

Someone told me it was hilarious to outjedi the jedi. And holy freaking cow batman, it was. :D I enjoyed being zen AF which made the Jedi angry and attack first. The Jedi do not practice what they preach. Only one actually remembered his Jedi teachings. I forget his name but you fight Baras' sister with him. If you take Jaesa with you, you're treated to an interesting conversation where he notices that Jaesa doesn't appear to be harmed in any way. My DS sith was just like..."Yeah, I'm killing you, and you, and you, and well everyone." It was fun to watch her be bad but not as entertaining as watching the Jedi explode in anger as you outjedi them.

I have a LS SW , a grey one, somewhere in the middle, and a DS one. What can i tell you is this... i preffer DS SW, even if story with a LS seems to be very enjoyable , ill stick with DS because lets be honest we are part from the glorious Empire,we are descendence from a long-line of sith bloodline, we are the cold-bloded warriors who destroys all the empyre's enemy, we are the first line against Jedi and their pathetic Republic, and we as Sith warriors use the most powerful emotion, anger, our hunger for power and desire for powerful oponents known no bounds, we are super power beasts empower by the dark side of the force,hands down. So when you put in this perspective all become clear in "how my SW should be"

PS: Sry for my bad english, i just hope it is understable :)

Edited by ZibzRO

(No real spoilers here.)

Tried pure LS Warrior, which felt unique. I thought I liked it for the first chapter but the charm wore off quick and upon reflection it made no sense to me lore-wise, especially playing an Imperial-educated Pureblood. I liked the whole "honorable Sith" thing, but that was the only redeeming element for my LS playthrough.

Pure DS Warrior playthrough -- what is there to say? Pure DS Warrior is the galaxy's biggest ******e. I personally found it equal parts predictable and off-putting.

Unsatisfied with both LS and DS playthroughs, I tried various combinations of the two. In most cases, it just becomes morally contradictory and confusing.

For my main Warrior I use to run story content, I simply dropped all concern about LS/DS ratios and decided on a rough moral code of conduct prioritizing the Sith Code, loyalty to the Empire, pragmatism and honor. For most choices, I simply ask myself "What would Quinn do?" (WWQD). This has resulted in an approximate 2/5 LS to DS ratio total from Chapters 1-16, although that's not factoring in FPs in which I typically rack up DS points.

It's important to me that my Warrior have both negative and redeeming characteristics, otherwise the story becomes bland and I simply lose interest. For instance, my Pureblood might be an unremitting racist but will still honor individual aliens (and Jedi) who prove their merit (i.e. Vette). While ruthless in his conviction to the Sith Code, he nevertheless seeks to know his enemy (Sun Tzu-style) and uses his understanding of the Jedi Code to undermine the certainty of his Jedi opponents (i.e. End of Chapter I & Belsavis). While not phased by the Empire's use of slavery, he still believes those strong enough to fight for it deserve freedom. In KotFE, it is perhaps ironically (perhaps not at all ironically) the Sith Code which transforms him into a through-and-through freedom-fighter/liberator figure following the formation of the Alliance.

Don't get me wrong, my Sith is a horrible person by Western moral standards, just not irredeemably horrible and unsympathetic like pure DS.

I will say that deciding LS/DS ratio was irrelevant story-wise was very liberating and made for a much more enjoyable, believable, immersive experience, at least from a writer's perspective. In my opinion, continuity is very important no matter what class you're playing (if you care about that kind of stuff).

Anyways, how do you play your Sith Warrior?

I didn't play mine exaclty like that but I have a similar attitude when playing my Sith Warrior (or most characters in Swtor really), and I've found it a very rewarding experience for roleplaying my Juggernaut.

My Warrior was firmly and fervently DS, but he had several layers of nuance that made him different from a "standard" or "full" Darkside character.

His passions were centered around revenge and crushing his enemies. His greatest desires were to destroy the Republic and the Jedi particular, and to conquer the galaxy in the name of the Sith Empire. But he was also someone who placed a lot of value on loyalty and duty, for both himself and others. This made him someone who had a particular dislike for treachery. Even though he saw the Sith as rightfully being a the top of the foodchain, he usually preferred to do right by the Empire and was generous to his underlings. He got along really well with his entire crew actually. He had immense respect for Quinn given that they had very similar attitudes about duty to the Empire, all the way up until the "incident". After that he was merely willing to tolerate his presence without complaint. I really enjoyed how his relationship with Vette slowly developed. He looked down on her as a mouthy slave at first, but he had no particular interest in tormenting her, and eventually they became very close friends. Jaesa was his masterpiece, though. She was everything he ever wanted in an apprentice and a wife.

When it comes to the Empire's racism: he was a Sith Pureblood, and he saw that granting him superior Force potential to other races which meant it was something he would always need to live up to, rather than something that inherently made him better. As such he didn't especially look down on aliens, and found humans doing so to be quaint.

He was brutal but had a twisted sense of honor. And as much as the game let me, I played him as someone who tried to keep his word. And as much as he reveled in the slaughter and domination of his enemies, he wasn't interested in random mindless carnage. If someone wasn't his enemy, he didn't make a point of killing the just to prove him could.

He is a whole lot of fun to play, and definitely was more engaging to me as a player character than just a one dimensional DS Sith. He ended up being high Dark III around the end of Class Content, but has since become Dark V by this point.

Edited by OldVengeance

Those Jinchuuriki? lol

Yeah but without the helmet , it doesn't have that effect right? cose I never use the helmet . Well unless its a hood .

This is what my main wrath is wearing : https://s11.postimg.org/dftrhjl2r/swtor_2015_02_02_09_24_30_73.jpg

Yeah, it does lose something without the helmet.

After looking that up on Tor-fashion, I can say you are definitely not helping my addiction to playing dress up with my characters.

I'm always glad to be of assistance.

Levelled multiple Warriors.

One (male) was mostly Dark (save for DS choices that were plain short-sighted and stupid). Condescending, arrogant tone, as well as the murder cutscenes were delicious.

The other (female) was mostly Light. If not for Baras trolling and BBFF moments with Vette, would be a rather bland experience. Not to mention a lot of choices that she made (witnessed by Imperials ansd Sith) would easily result in quick and painful execution, which broke muh immurshunz.

Had 2 Neutral warriors. One Dark-leaning, the other Light-leaning. Most fond memories. Made choices in accordance with each character's paradigm (one was a "Samurai Sith", with a pole up his spine and fanatically loyal to the Empire, while the other was a more detached pragmatist, but with a soft spot for sadism).

I am convinced that playing Warrior and (mostly) sticking to one side or the other robs the player of a more diverse, yet wholesome and consistent experience.

Edited by Helig

I am convinced that playing Warrior and (mostly) sticking to one side or the other robs the player of a more diverse, yet wholesome and consistent experience.

I think a lot of people would say that about *all* the classes. I differ slightly and suggest that SI naturally favours a heavy DS lean(1), while JC naturally favours LS.

But the other classes, especially Smugg/IA/BH, seem to suit ignoring the alignment of responses.

(1) No, I don't release the Mother Machine. Is that OK?

I think a lot of people would say that about *all* the classes. I differ slightly and suggest that SI naturally favours a heavy DS lean(1), while JC naturally favours LS.

But the other classes, especially Smugg/IA/BH, seem to suit ignoring the alignment of responses.

(1) No, I don't release the Mother Machine. Is that OK?

I definitely agree. However, I was rather surprised how natural and personal Neutral warrior plays, compared to "default", or "intended" Dark.