Swap Character sex 5.0

TrixxieTriss

A lot went with the idea that Kaliyo was bi because of companion dialogue with her, until she flat out denies it in KotFE.

Jaesa (DS) mentions something off handedly, but hers came out sounding more like a "I just tried it because I grew up repressed".

Though, in the end, I think the OP was just looking for a work around to the LIs through gender swap rather than wanting the actual customization anyways.

Okay.

Alts isn't that the whole point?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, as much as I'd like them to change the vanilla to that option, it's not likely to happen.

So the solution would be allowing people to swap once they've finished the vanilla companion stories. It's not like it really matters because you lose companions and also romance new ones. Just about any companion story becomes obsolete once you start 3.0.

Surprisingly, MANY people stay loyal to their vanilla LI. They released the statistics not that long ago in regards to that. So no, it still matters, especially given that if you cheat on your LI and start up another one there is an expected confrontation.

I've never been a fan of making characters all be bi just to make people happy. These characters are actually characters with their own story and their own motivations, having them be straight, bi, or gay is part of them. While I never flirted with him, I LIKED seeing the Sith on Makeb that was only gay as that showed a choice to hold to the character rather than cop out and pat everyone on the head and just make him bi. It is far better to make a choice of straight or gay when making a character than just patting everyone on the head and making every LI bi.

Also, would it kill them to give the players romancable male force user companions? It has been years now and all we have is Xalek, Gus, and Scourge. 2 aliens outside of the acceptable "humanoid" range for how they judge if a companion can be an LI and Scourge who literally cannot feel any emotion but hate (he explains this if anyone forgot, he also does not feel warmth, touch, smell, taste...honestly his form of immortality sucks compared to Nico's).

Surprisingly, MANY people stay loyal to their vanilla LI. They released the statistics not that long ago in regards to that. So no, it still matters, especially given that if you cheat on your LI and start up another one there is an expected confrontation.

I've never been a fan of making characters all be bi just to make people happy. These characters are actually characters with their own story and their own motivations, having them be straight, bi, or gay is part of them. While I never flirted with him, I LIKED seeing the Sith on Makeb that was only gay as that showed a choice to hold to the character rather than cop out and pat everyone on the head and just make him bi. It is far better to make a choice of straight or gay when making a character than just patting everyone on the head and making every LI bi.

Also, would it kill them to give the players romancable male force user companions? It has been years now and all we have is Xalek, Gus, and Scourge. 2 aliens outside of the acceptable "humanoid" range for how they judge if a companion can be an LI and Scourge who literally cannot feel any emotion but hate (he explains this if anyone forgot, he also does not feel warmth, touch, smell, taste...honestly his form of immortality sucks compared to Nico's).

Exactly!!!!

Especially on the force user male romance like where is it?!?!:rak_02:

I think we'll finally have that option with Arcann :o

Well, let's see. We have Kaliyo already shown as not being gay or bi. You just lost that by making her open to everyone. That makes Kaliyo lose who she is.

You just made every character the same.

*scratches head*i thought Kaliyo was bi. She has girlfriends in the past?

Well, let's see. We have Kaliyo already shown as not being gay or bi. You just lost that by making her open to everyone. That makes Kaliyo lose who she is.

You just made every character the same.

That's a matter of perspective .

Considering she can be killed . Well Let's take that option away as well .

Kaliyo won't stop being Kaliyo . She still be a sociopath bend on terrorism . No matter if my Inquisitor kiss her on the Lips .

She can still run around , grab your lightsaber and stab you with it .

That's a matter of perspective .

Considering she can be killed . Well Let's take that option away as well .

Kaliyo won't stop being Kaliyo . She still be a sociopath bend on terrorism . No matter if my Inquisitor kiss her on the Lips .

She can still run around , grab your lightsaber and stab you with it .

Still means you get rid of the established lore of her, as it was established in the game. But sure, for those who aren't established, go for it.

Though, this brings up some thoughts. You hear a lot of Quinn hate for betraying the warrior. You hear lots of how Doc and Corso are such terrible romances, because of their personality, and then we see, lines of "But how it'd be great to get with Kaliyo (the betrayer) or Jaesa (the one you have to torment to romance)" :p

Was this that big infographic or something else? I wouldn't mind reading a breakdown for all the romances with who chose whom and who remained faithful.

Though, this brings up some thoughts. You hear a lot of Quinn hate for betraying the warrior. You hear lots of how Doc and Corso are such terrible romances, because of their personality, and then we see, lines of "But how it'd be great to get with Kaliyo (the betrayer) or Jaesa (the one you have to torment to romance)" :p

I've kinda wondered that myself. I think we've all had a betrayal of some sort from someone we expected better of, or been around someone who's personality is a bit skeevy, so I can kinda see where some of those hating on Quinn or Doc are coming from to a point, though I still don't understand carrying on the hate over events that gametimewise are years past. Only reason I can think of for the other is the ones who are all for things like a DS Jaesa romance have really never been in or been around someone who's been in messed up relation like that to know how horrible it is to not even find it something to do in a game. But then I've seen people upset that Vette's not particularly talkative to a Warrior who kept the slave collar on and was abusive to her compared to a Warrior who did take the collar off and was nice, so go figure.

or Jaesa (the one you have to torment to romance)" :p

Come again?

I've done the Jaesa romance on 2 warriors, and neither had to "torment" her to initiate or progress it. It only requires that you turn her dark (which is easily done by just going "look, your master's a douche, and the light side really isn't all that"), hit on her when possible and generally pretend to agree with her (as with any romance), and I really can't see how any of that counts as tormenting.

Come again?

I've done the Jaesa romance on 2 warriors, and neither had to "torment" her to initiate or progress it. It only requires that you turn her dark (which is easily done by just going "look, your master's a douche, and the light side really isn't all that"), hit on her when possible and generally pretend to agree with her (as with any romance), and I really can't see how any of that counts as tormenting.

Personally this is one of the reasons I don't like that we don't have the option to have any gay/bi story companions, I was very uncomfortable with Jaesa always coming onto my Sith Warrior, one of the reasons why I have not ever done the story line again even though I have two Sith Warriors. While I enjoyed turning her to the dark side, her constantly coming onto me made me very uncomfortable and I was like ***? I always turned her down but somehow I can't remember I hit some option thinking it was a turn down and somehow we still had sex even though I never flirted with her or anything and then the next thing I know she was talking about us being married and I was like when did this happen and where the **** was I because I don't recall ever agreeing to get hitched. Boy was I relieved when I got an email on the Gravestone about her breaking it off and finding someone else. I think my Jedi consular had this same issue with Nadia and all three options ended up putting us in a relationship even though I never flirted with her and kept turning her down. I was like ***? I don't flirt with these females and yet I'm being forced to have a relationship with them? It's like come on!

Come again?

You're picking dark side options and breaking her mind to turn her psycho. That's tormenting. :p

Still means you get rid of the established lore of her, as it was established in the game. But sure, for those who aren't established, go for it.

Don't care for the Lore......

As for Kaliyo . Anyone who wanna romance her know the risk . Hell at least she is up front with her crazyness . Can't say the same about the hypocrites that was Quinn . Whole time kissing up...then whine like a kicked puppy when ya defeat his pathethic attente . So is Corso , Mister I'm a gentleman . Yet can't take a HINT . No mean NO . Stop butting in when I'm flirting sheesh .

Doc charms die when you meet all his ex lol he is a walking STD .

I want Mako and Akaavi and maybe watcher 3 . That is it .

I wouldn't romance Jaessa even if she was avaible . As for Kaliyo , I honestly wanted Thana Vesh for my crazy lunatic DS Inquisitor . But I take Kaliyo if I could..murder , mayhem and smoochies lol

Don't care for the Lore......

As for Kaliyo . Anyone who wanna romance her know the risk . Hell at least she is up front with her crazyness . Can't say the same about the hypocrites that was Quinn . Whole time kissing up...then whine like a kicked puppy when ya defeat his pathethic attente . So is Corso , Mister I'm a gentleman . Yet can't take a HINT . No mean NO . Stop butting in when I'm flirting sheesh .

Doc charms die when you meet all his ex lol he is a walking STD .

I want Mako and Akaavi and maybe watcher 3 . That is it .

I wouldn't romance Jaessa even if she was avaible . As for Kaliyo , I honestly wanted Thana Vesh for my crazy lunatic DS Inquisitor . But I take Kaliyo if I could..murder , mayhem and smoochies lol

If no care for lore, what does it matter which companion you get? Can just make it up in your head just the same.