Pass to turn off level sync

nepochop

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't recommend wasting your time asking for this. It isn't going to happen, not ever. (And there is *no* practical point to it. "Because I can dominate everything" isn't a *practical* point, and a max-level character dominates everything (except World Bosses) anyway, even with level sync.)

Again I would ask why do you need this?

The only thing you cannot solo and dominate on a planet is the world boss which should never be a solo MOB.

What is it you're desperately trying to do that needs the level sync removing?

The only thing you cannot solo and dominate on a planet is the world boss which should never be a solo MOB.

Mainly World Bosses, but there are many things that are easier when doing as being overleved. You always go back to the planets to do stuff, you do seeker droid stuff, macrobinoculars, heroics etc.

I personally don't want that my max. level, geared chars get aggro from some random thugs on Coruscant from across the room. They shall simply ignore me so that I can drive freely with my mount around the block to mind my own business. My main (commando medic) is for some reason aggroing everything and everyone in the area since 4.0. It's a pain in the buttocks.

An example is Guss Tuno's recruitment mission. In Nar Shaddaa's Red Light district, all those bleeders tried to stop my medic from getting to this one shop where Guss was supposed to get the wine from. I don't want to fight all these mobs on the way. There is no point. Just let my drive to my actual mission in peace. Without level sync that would happen - and the mission itself would still be on my level.

I personally don't want that my max. level, geared chars get aggro from some random thugs on Coruscant from across the room. They shall simply ignore me so that I can drive freely with my mount around the block to mind my own business. My main (commando medic) is for some reason aggroing everything and everyone in the area since 4.0. It's a pain in the buttocks.

Evade is your friend there, also you can practice some los and aoe burn.

If you get constantly dismounted try using the Praxon Trackmaster from Voss rep vendor.

Evade is your friend there, also you can practice some los and aoe burn.

If you get constantly dismounted try using the Praxon Trackmaster from Voss rep vendor.

So this is what we have come to, you level up to be the Galactic Hero, lvl 65, 224 gear and you have to get a special mount in order not to get dismounted while traveling around lvl 20 mobs :D

Edited by nepochop

still cheaper than a cm unlock.

btw if you only want to do world bosses for achievment there are server transfers already level up one toon gear it up and all your legacy perks/inventory goes with your toon, find a more active server in your timezone by creating a new toon first.

It takes 16 ppl to kill NiM Pilgrim, VERY VERY few people and guilds do this, if even.... almost impossible to find a group for it.

So this is what we have come to, you level up to be the Galactic Hero, lvl 65, 224 gear and you have to get a special mount in order not to get dismounted while traveling around lvl 20 mobs :D

Any mount that offers "excellent protection" will suffice. (i.e. most CM-sourced mounts, and other mounts that say so, but not, for example, the 8K credit basic speeders you can buy from the speeder vendors early in your class story. Their speed was updated somewhere (release of 4.0?), but not their shoot-off protection.)

It's weird. People keep describing the problems they are having when moving around lowbie planets with a highbie character, and I have no idea what they are talking about, because none of those things happen to me. I don't get shot off my mount because I just ride on through and don't stop and because I use a mount with excellent protection. I don't get killed by k'lor slugs on Korriban because they are too weak. I can pick the fights I want to fight and the fights I want to skip, except when the mobs are defending a doorway that I must go through, and even there, if the space behind isn't too restrictive, I don't *have* to fight them. If they are defending a *door* (including a green phase wall) instead of a doorway, then I have to fight them to get some peace and quiet as I do whatever I do to the door.

So no, level sync poses (should pose) no problem except for people who want to abuse World Bosses. (OK, a level 65 on Yavin is only synced to 62, so his power advantage is very small, so the issues people complain about are more applicable, but on lowbie planets, there is no difficulty caused by Level Sync.)

It takes 16 ppl to kill NiM Pilgrim, VERY VERY few people and guilds do this, if even.... almost impossible to find a group for it.

At least at the ebon hawk I've seen people forming for this one once a month in fleet genchat and allies channel, some do it for achiev others for the aratech vehicle others for conquest voss week.

I dont know if the +50 stat buff now applies just to mastery or mastery and endurance, but could be an option to do it before doing a high priority HM ops.

good thing is you dont need the alpha wave inhibitor anymore, just 3 tanks 4 heals and the rest dps.

Do we really need to give them any more ideas for the cartel market?

Well we tried to talk to Devs about this, to make a NON-sync instance, but no word, so since all the game is about is the Cartel Market, so might try to get a solution there :)

I don't see why people complain about the level sync. If anything, it makes the game better.

Since when was decimating mobs in nanoseconds fun? When did that make games fun? I think I missed a few years.. since when did a challenge, even if the most redundant and easy, become less fun and engaging than laying waste to enemies that give approximately null experience. If you really want to go out, over-level, do all the flashpoints and heroics available, and then come back to a planet twenty levels below you and proceed to complain about being capped to make things remotely sensible? Then maybe games like this one just aren't for you.

Mainly World Bosses, but there are many things that are easier when doing as being overleved. You always go back to the planets to do stuff, you do seeker droid stuff, macrobinoculars, heroics etc.

Sorry, not for it. Level Sync is not a bad thing, and I was skeptical at first.

I do not miss the days of having a max level, usually from the opposite faction but occasionally from the same one, steal a WB from at level ops groups forming to kill it. The 'hurry there is someone here to steal it' in ops chat was annoying at best. It was trollish and slimy behavior, and I'm glad it can't be done like that anymore. Nothing like having to jump instances or wait for a respawn so a max level could have their fun. Oddly, it wasn't fun for the people who got hosed by that nonsense.

Those are not meant to be solo'd, if you can't find a group I'd have to say you aren't trying very hard. The ones for Qyzen? I had no issues on multiple characters by just saying 'this group is for that quest or achievement' in general chat. Plenty of people want to do that content, try working with them. Mean to post, yes, a bit-but it was an issue and I'm happy it's gone.

I don't see why people complain about the level sync. If anything, it makes the game better.

Since when was decimating mobs in nanoseconds fun? When did that make games fun? I think I missed a few years.. since when did a challenge, even if the most redundant and easy, become less fun and engaging than laying waste to enemies that give approximately null experience. If you really want to go out, over-level, do all the flashpoints and heroics available, and then come back to a planet twenty levels below you and proceed to complain about being capped to make things remotely sensible? Then maybe games like this one just aren't for you.

Most of the other games have this as well (no level sync I mean). WoW for example does have it but in a limited way. You can go back and do old raids easily by being overleveled! That is how it should be in MMOs, you level up to be overlevel for the previous stuff. But in swtor there is no new content so in order to save the game from dying they had to introduce lvl sync. BUT WHY MAKE IT MANDATORY FOR ALL!!

Most of the other games have this as well (no level sync I mean). WoW for example does have it but in a limited way. You can go back and do old raids easily by being overleveled! That is how it should be in MMOs, you level up to be overlevel for the previous stuff. But in swtor there is no new content so in order to save the game from dying they had to introduce lvl sync. BUT WHY MAKE IT MANDATORY FOR ALL!!

These games should be, and are being, built on the premises of cooperation toward a common goal. Raids are made up of a number of people, and World Bosses are taken on by groups constantly. Finding people for a common goal isn't hard, guilds do it all the time. You don't need to be overleveled to roflstomp everything in your way, just get a gang of goons and go at what you want to do fairly. The level sync exists for a reason, it's to incite challenge. The game was way too easy before, and though it's only very very very slightly harder, the sync is a good way to bring the game back to its roots - where cooperating with your community was just as important as doing things alone. That's what an MMO is built on, and that's the way it should remain.

Edited by DavGvel

Sorry, not for it. Level Sync is not a bad thing, and I was skeptical at first.

I do not miss the days of having a max level, usually from the opposite faction but occasionally from the same one, steal a WB from at level ops groups forming to kill it. The 'hurry there is someone here to steal it' in ops chat was annoying at best. It was trollish and slimy behavior, and I'm glad it can't be done like that anymore. Nothing like having to jump instances or wait for a respawn so a max level could have their fun. Oddly, it wasn't fun for the people who got hosed by that nonsense.

Those are not meant to be solo'd, if you can't find a group I'd have to say you aren't trying very hard. The ones for Qyzen? I had no issues on multiple characters by just saying 'this group is for that quest or achievement' in general chat. Plenty of people want to do that content, try working with them. Mean to post, yes, a bit-but it was an issue and I'm happy it's gone.

Trolling with World Bosses sadly goes with it, thats life!

Anyway, im on the biggest server in EU, I have my toons in the biggest guilds that are there and do stuff, I keep reading upcoming events, track calendars are try to organize the stuff. I am doing Yavin Walker kills and other stuff, but there are things people just dont wanna do and dont feel like doing. Those things need to be soloed then!!

Anyway, im on the biggest server in EU, I have my toons in the biggest guilds that are there and do stuff, I keep reading upcoming events, track calendars are try to organize the stuff. I am doing Yavin Walker kills and other stuff, but there are things people just dont wanna do and dont feel like doing. Those things need to be soloed then!!

Doesn't seem right to chalk things up to "Griefing? Understandably upset because you've worked hard to gather your friends together to do this boss? Well, too bad! I'm Level 65 and I want this for funzies!"

Well we tried to talk to Devs about this, to make a NON-sync instance, but no word, so since all the game is about is the Cartel Market, so might try to get a solution there :)

Level Sync is not that big of a deal and nope don't agree with adding something else to the cartel market. They already put too much stuff in the cartel market. Level Sync has been here since last year so it's not going to go away.

Since you want to be like with stating trolling with world bosses by saying thats life, well so is level sync.