Please make an upgrade to Collectors Edition in digital store, and some other suggest

Sithishe

I got 2 suggestions:

First - I really would love to see an upgrade to Collectors editions in Store, like there is an upgrade to Digital Deluxe edition.

Second - would be cool to get new story missions for HK - 51, like helping him on planets to kill targets, etc. I love this companion and would like to see some companion missions for him, like we got for all main companions like Khem Val, Vette, etc.

• 2 months later...

When I paid for digital deluxe that's what I thought that it was. Just the in-game portion of the collector's edition package. (Obviously the actual collector's edition had a bunch of out-of-game extras as well. Let's be honest, the price tag wasn't so much on that thing because of in-game VIP lounge access, it cost as much as it did because of the Malgus statue (and to a lesser extent also the CD, the metal game case, and an exclusive book.)) Why would it be anything different, right? There's absolutely no reason to expect it to count as something different.

So of course I was annoyed when I found that all that digital deluxe opened up access to was a vendor with one overpriced crappy speeder while the vendor with the stuff that someone might actually want refused to talk.

A couple thoughts:

1) The lesser vendor should have had lots of stuff on it as well, keeping in mind of course that the selection would still be better on the better vendor. There's just no reason to care about VIP access if it doesn't actually count for anything. And the way they handled it VIP only counts for something if you got in because of the physical collector's box.

2) The lesser vendor is obviously accessible to all VIP users whether they paid credits on one character to get in or if they paid real money to have access on all characters. But the better vendor should be accessible to all VIP users who paid real money to have access. Granted, just as there is that 1 pet that collector's edition users get mailed to them that digital deluxe users do not get (1 digital perk out of the 7 total digital perks that users can get), there could be 1-3 vendor items (to be fair, maybe counting a full gear set as "1 item") that only the actual collector's edition users could get as well. But that's the maximum amount of difference that there should be between the digital perks of the two real money paid options.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

When I paid for digital deluxe that's what I thought that it was. Just the in-game portion of the collector's edition package. (Obviously the actual collector's edition had a bunch of out-of-game extras as well. Let's be honest, the price tag wasn't so much on that thing because of in-game VIP lounge access, it cost as much as it did because of the Malgus statue (and to a lesser extent also the CD, the metal game case, and an exclusive book.)) Why would it be anything different, right? There's absolutely no reason to expect it to count as something different.

So of course I was annoyed when I found that all that digital deluxe opened up access to was a vendor with one overpriced crappy speeder while the vendor with the stuff that someone might actually want refused to talk.

A couple thoughts:

1) The lesser vendor should have had lots of stuff on it as well, keeping in mind of course that the selection would still be better on the better vendor. There's just no reason to care about VIP access if it doesn't actually count for anything. And the way they handled it VIP only counts for something if you got in because of the physical collector's box.

2) The lesser vendor is obviously accessible to all VIP users whether they paid credits on one character to get in or if they paid real money to have access on all characters. But the better vendor should be accessible to all VIP users who paid real money to have access. Granted, just as there is that 1 pet that collector's edition users get mailed to them that digital deluxe users do not get (1 digital perk out of the 7 total digital perks that users can get), there could be 1-3 vendor items (to be fair, maybe counting a full gear set as "1 item") that only the actual collector's edition users could get as well. But that's the maximum amount of difference that there should be between the digital perks of the two real money paid options.

I agree that the VIP vendor should have more items for sale than just the one speeder.

IMO, though, those additional items should be different than what is available from the CE vendor and that the CE vendor should remain exclusive to those that bought the CE, not just the digital deluxe upgrade.

The Digital Upgrade on the Store page of the SWTOR.com website is the upgrade to the collectors edition. It contains all the items we got minus the physical items.

It is NOT an upgrade to the CE. It is a digital upgrade and gets you a few extra digital items. NOTHING on the website for the digital upgrade says ANYTHING about it being an upgrade to the CE. In fact, it does not even include all the digital items that those who bought the CE get.

The CE cost $150 at release (although the prices have fluctuated since that time) and the digital upgrade costs $4.99.

The CE vendor should remain accessible by only those who purchased a physical copy of the CE, IMO.

It is NOT an upgrade to the CE. It is a digital upgrade and gets you a few extra digital items. NOTHING on the website for the digital upgrade says ANYTHING about it being an upgrade to the CE. In fact, it does not even include all the digital items that those who bought the CE get.

The CE cost $150 at release (although the prices have fluctuated since that time) and the digital upgrade costs $4.99.

The CE vendor should remain accessible by only those who purchased a physical copy of the CE, IMO.

Im telling you AS someone who has the Collectors Edition, that upgrade gives you more or less all the items we got in the Collectors edition MINUS the phsycial items (i.e the art book, the malgus statue etc..) essentially what was the Digital Deluxe edition.

It does not include is the PRE ORDER bonuses (which were crystals) the only other things that were digital and specific to the CE that it doesn't show is the VIP access (fleet area) but everyone can buy that for credits if they want it anyway and the mini mech droid pet, which is purely a vanity pet.

so the difference is far less than more and entirely incidental.

And the reason for the significant price difference is obvious... the physical items, malgus statue, art book, map etc..the collectors edition box was about a 14 inch cube. They obviously aren't going to have an upgrade to Ce include the physical items again as it would mean having to manufacture more, which just isn't likely to happen. And as the difference between the CE and DDE is two digital items, one of which anyone can buy with credits.. the upgrade in the store is NEAR enough.

Edited by NeoWolf

Im telling you AS someone who has the Collectors Edition, that upgrade gives you more or less all the items we got in the Collectors edition MINUS the phsycial items (i.e the art book, the malgus statue etc..) essentially what was the Digital Deluxe edition.

It does not include is the PRE ORDER bonuses (which were crystals) the only other things that were digital and specific to the CE that it doesn't show is the VIP access (fleet area) but everyone can buy that for credits if they want it anyway and the mini mech droid pet, which is purely a vanity pet.

so the difference is far less than more and entirely incidental.

And the reason for the significant price difference is obvious... the physical items, malgus statue, art book, map etc..the collectors edition box was about a 14 inch cube. They obviously aren't going to have an upgrade to Ce include the physical items again as it would mean having to manufacture more, which just isn't likely to happen. And as the difference between the CE and DDE is two digital items, one of which anyone can buy with credits.. the upgrade in the store is NEAR enough.

That is your opinion. It is not shared by everyone.

Those who did not purchase a physical CE should not have access to the CE vendor.

That is my opinion, and while it is not shared by everyone, it is shared by many. It would seem that BW shares that opinion since the digital upgrade does not get you access to the CE vendor and the only to access that vendor remains to purchase a physical CE.

Physical CE's are still available through various sources, although they will cost a pretty penny and the cost is rising all the time.

Those who did not purchase a physical CE should not have access to the CE vendor.

That is my opinion, and while it is not shared by everyone, it is shared by many. It would seem that BW shares that opinion since the digital upgrade does not get you access to the CE vendor and the only to access that vendor remains to purchase a physical CE.

Physical CE's are still available through various sources, although they will cost a pretty penny and the cost is rising all the time.

The only reason I want access to the CE vendor is because it's the only source for the Imperial Trooper armor and the Republic Officer armor. Such items should not be locked to all except those who redeemed the CE code on the account. Sure, I can purchase and use the Makeb Assault armor to look like an Imperial Trooper, but it's not the same. That and there is other armor that I know of that remotely looks like the Republic Officer armor.

Regarding your last sentence, yes, you can purchase the Collector's Edition and hope that the CE code has not been redeemed. Sadly, when I purchased the Collector's Edition on Amazon and went to redeem the code it had already been redeemed. Funny enough, it appeared that the box was never opened. They done a good job to be able to sell the physical items and the CE code separately. Thankfully Amazon refunded the purchase without requiring me to return it.

Edited by SlthBounteHuntah

Well thats stating the obvious ANYTHING ANYONE says on here is representative ONLY of an INDIVIDUAL opinion and nothing more lol But it doesn't make it a wrong opinion, nor less of a fact ;)

In your opinion ;) (see what I did there lol) And Bioware CLEARLY do not share it as the VIP access band to enter the VIP area where the vendor is has been accessible to EVERYONE else who wants to buy one for credits since it was implemented.

It would seem that BW shares that opinion since the digital upgrade does not get you access to the CE vendor and the only to access that vendor remains to purchase a physical CE.

Nope im afraid they don't.. and that is because as I say EVERYONE has been able to buy the vip band to gain access to the VIP area and CE vendor since it was implemented.

So why would they include it in something people pay for when everyone already has access to buy it in game if they don't already have it. THAtTwould seem a little pointless. We subscribers save the million credits or whatever it is for the band.. everyone else doesn't. It is such an inconsequential amount of money in game these days that its access is essentially EASY for everyone.

True but unless someone wants the physical goods or to have it as memorabilia/collectible its pretty much a waste of money when the Digital Deluxe upgrade is as good as for what the OP was wanting. Not that I think he necessarily realised there was so little digital difference between the two things. Or that the VIP access was already available to him.

Edited by NeoWolf

The only reason I want access to the CE vendor is because it's the only source for the Imperial Trooper armor.
With regard to the imperial trooper armor specifically. You can get a recoloured version via the Cartel Bazzaar vendors if you have adequate rep etc..

But like I say you can buy access to the VIP area via the VIP band anyway for credits which will give you access to the CE vendor in the VIP area.

With regard to the imperial trooper armor specifically. You can get a recoloured version via the Cartel Bazzaar vendors if you have adequate rep etc..

But like I say you can buy access to the VIP area via the VIP band anyway for credits which will give you access to the CE vendor in the VIP area.

No it does not. I have access to the VIP area but I'm unable to access the CE vendor because I did not redeem the CE code to my account.

Also, I don't want the recolored set because it's no where near the same. It doesn't even have the Imperial logos on it, instead having some silly lights flashing everywhere.

No it does not. I have access to the VIP area but I'm unable to access the CE vendor because I did not redeem the CE code to my account.

Also, I don't want the recolored set because it's no where near the same. It doesn't even have the Imperial logos on it, instead having some silly lights flashing everywhere.

The Companion Lieutenant Pierce also has a set that is very similar (with logos) prior to the KoTeT content (at which point he gets a different set) you could use if your wanting it for purely cosmetic purposes.

Alternatively put a thread in suggestions specifically relating to making the Imperial Trooper and Republic Officer sets available in some fashion. Can't hurt.

Well thats stating the obvious ANYTHING ANYONE says on here is representative ONLY of an INDIVIDUAL opinion and nothing more lol But it doesn't make it a wrong opinion, nor less of a fact ;)

In your opinion ;) (see what I did there lol)

And I freely stated that it was my opinion.

And Bioware CLEARLY do not share it as the VIP access band to enter the VIP area where the vendor is has been accessible to EVERYONE else who wants to buy one for credits since it was implemented.

But NOT access to the CE vendor. Sure, those who only bought the VIP bracelet can SEE the CE vendor, but they CANNOT ACCESS that vendor.

Nope im afraid they don't.. and that is because as I say EVERYONE has been able to buy the vip band to gain access to the VIP area and CE vendor since it was implemented.

So why would they include it in something people pay for when everyone already has access to buy it in game if they don't already have it. THAtTwould seem a little pointless. We subscribers save the million credits or whatever it is for the band.. everyone else doesn't. It is such an inconsequential amount of money in game these days that its access is essentially EASY for everyone.

They are selling access to the VIP area for those credits, NOT access to the CE vendor.

True but unless someone wants the physical goods or to have it as memorabilia/collectible its pretty much a waste of money when the Digital Deluxe upgrade is as good as for what the OP was wanting. Not that I think he necessarily realised there was so little digital difference between the two things. Or that the VIP access was already available to him.

The CE vendor is an exclusive vendor available only to those that purchased the collector's addition and was advertised as such by BW.

Collector's Edition Bonus Items

Exclusive Gentle Giant Darth Malgus statue

Game disks collectible metal case

The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural as annotated by Satele Shan

The Old Republic galaxy map

Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic CD

High-quality Collector's Edition box

Custom Security Authentication Key

Includes 7 additional Digital Items:

Flare Gun: Fire flares into the air

Training Droid: Hovers at your side for combat assistance

HoloDancer: Project your own holographic dancer

HoloCam: Keep visual records of in-game adventures

STAP: Sleek and unique in-game vehicle

Exclusive Mouse Droid: Spunky Droid to join your adventures

Exclusive Collector's Edition Store: Unique in-game vendor with an assortment of items

Notice that above the exclusive collector's edition store is listed the exclusive mouse droid. You know, the one that you do NOT get with the digital upgrade.

Gee. I guess it's just a coincidence that the digital upgrade includes most of the digital items from the CE, but does NOT include the two items that were advertised as EXCLUSIVE to the CE.

The only reason I want access to the CE vendor is because it's the only source for the Imperial Trooper armor and the Republic Officer armor. Such items should not be locked to all except those who redeemed the CE code on the account. Sure, I can purchase and use the Makeb Assault armor to look like an Imperial Trooper, but it's not the same. That and there is other armor that I know of that remotely looks like the Republic Officer armor.

Regarding your last sentence, yes, you can purchase the Collector's Edition and hope that the CE code has not been redeemed. Sadly, when I purchased the Collector's Edition on Amazon and went to redeem the code it had already been redeemed. Funny enough, it appeared that the box was never opened. They done a good job to be able to sell the physical items and the CE code separately. Thankfully Amazon refunded the purchase without requiring me to return it.

Those items certainly SHOULD be available only to the CE owners, IMO.

Exclusive Collector's Edition Store: Unique in-game vendor with an assortment of items

The CE vendor was advertised as exclusive to CE owners and should remain so, IMO.

Those items certainly SHOULD be available only to the CE owners, IMO.

Why? Why should Imperial Trooper armor, which could possibly be used by Imperial Agents, and Republic Officer, which could be used by Republic Troopers, be exclusive to those who purchase a version of the game that was only available many years ago? I understand the other items, which is fine, but for these two armor sets, it's quite ridiculous. These armors are seen everywhere on the game on NPCs but they're locked for those who don't own the CE.

That, and it's kind of pathetic that if you purchase the CE you get something so commonly seen in-game. You would think that you would get something really flashy or extremely unique. Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Why? Why should Imperial Trooper armor, which could possibly be used by Imperial Agents, and Republic Officer, which could be used by Republic Troopers, be exclusive to those who purchase a version of the game that was only available many years ago? I understand the other items, which is fine, but for these two armor sets, it's quite ridiculous. These armors are seen everywhere on the game on NPCs but they're locked for those who don't own the CE.

That, and it's kind of pathetic that if you purchase the CE you get something so commonly seen in-game. You would think that you would get something really flashy or extremely unique. Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Because those people were there back then, and they dedicated a large amount of money on the initial game and the collectors edition. They deserve it, you don't.

Be that as it may, the CE vendor was advertised as exclusive to those that purchased the CE and remains so to this day.

Those armors are flashy enough people want them, apparently.

And I freely stated that it was my opinion.

But NOT access to the CE vendor. Sure, those who only bought the VIP bracelet can SEE the CE vendor, but they CANNOT ACCESS that vendor.

That just strikes me as really odd, there is literally nothing else in the VIP area to see besides the CE Vendor (who has a few decent things but hasnt been updated in forever despite them saying it would be over time) and Special Vendor (who has only 1 item, a massively overpriced and ugly as hell mount) other than a mailbox and a GTN station lol Why anyone would pay to access that then..who knows what they were thinking.

Notice that above the exclusive collector's edition store is listed the exclusive mouse droid. You know, the one that you do NOT get with the digital upgrade.

Gee. I guess it's just a coincidence that the digital upgrade includes most of the digital items from the CE, but does NOT include the two items that were advertised as EXCLUSIVE to the CE.

You don't need to tell me what was in it, I HAVE it, I am literally sat not three feet from the big square box itself :) And it isn't a mouse droid its called the MinMech CE its cute but utterly uselss its just a vanity pet it doesnt even make sounds like the recent ones.

And AGAIN like I said the Digital Deluxe upgrade gives people all the digital stuff (minus the minimech CE and the CE vendor access) and all the physical items obviously. Your kinda repeating yourself now and making me repeat myself also..to what end one can only wonder..

That just strikes me as really odd, there is literally nothing else in the VIP area to see besides the CE Vendor (who has a few decent things but hasnt been updated in forever despite them saying it would be over time) and Special Vendor (who has only 1 item, a massively overpriced and ugly as hell mount) other than a mailbox and a GTN station lol Why anyone would pay to access that then..who knows what they were thinking.

Remember back when the game was released and credits were not so easy to obtain, the VIP area was about the only place on the fleet that was not so over populated that you could not see anything for all the nameplates.

That was part of what made access to the VIP area desirable.

You don't need to tell me what was in it, I HAVE it, I am literally sat not three feet from the big square box itself :) And it isn't a mouse droid its called the MinMech CE its cute but utterly uselss its just a vanity pet it doesnt even make sounds like the recent ones.

The important thing about that pet is the word "exclusive" that BW tied to it.

And AGAIN like I said the Digital Deluxe upgrade gives people all the digital stuff (minus the minimech CE and the CE vendor access) and all the physical items obviously. Your kinda repeating yourself now and making me repeat myself also..to what end one can only wonder..

Yes, but you conveniently choose to ignore that word "exclusive" that BW tied to the pet and the CE vendor. Maybe I'm being too logical, but it seems to me that the word "exclusive" that BW tied to the pet and the CE vendor puts both items squarely in the "only available to CE owners" category, despite the fact that some may wish otherwise.

And yet ALSO generic enough that every trooper in the imperial army gets one lol

Exactly! If you ask me, the CE vendor should've came with Darth Malgus' armor and Satele Shan's armor, and remained permanently exclusive to that vendor. That would've been awesome, not giving something that's seen on almost every planet.

Exactly! If you ask me, the CE vendor should've came with Darth Malgus' armor and Satele Shan's armor, and remained permanently exclusive to that vendor. That would've been awesome, not giving something that's seen on almost every planet.

Could BW have put different armors (Darth Malgus' and Satele Shan's armors, to use your example) on the CE vendor and sold the imperial trooper and republic officer armors elsewhere? Sure.

The only difference that would have made, though, is the actual content of the crying--the armor sets about which people would cry. Instead of "I can't get the Imperial armor which is so common that every NPC and their brother are wearing it.", we would get "Darth Maglus and Satele Shan are too iconic to lock their armors away for only the people that bought the CE. BW is not being 'fair' " or "BW is not being 'fair' by locking <insert armor set name here> for only those that bought the CE".

Sometimes in games, as in life, people do not always get what they want.

Could BW have put different armors (Darth Malgus' and Satele Shan's armors, to use your example) on the CE vendor and sold the imperial trooper and republic officer armors elsewhere? Sure.

The only difference that would have made, though, is the actual content of the crying--the armor sets about which people would cry. Instead of "I can't get the Imperial armor which is so common that every NPC and their brother are wearing it.", we would get "Darth Maglus and Satele Shan are too iconic to lock their armors away for only the people that bought the CE. BW is not being 'fair' " or "BW is not being 'fair' by locking <insert armor set name here> for only those that bought the CE".

Sometimes in games, as in life, people do not always get what they want.

At this point I'm not even talking about the fact that I can not get the armor, which I got over years ago. I'm talking about how pathetic the actual content is. I mean, it's a Collector's Edition yet the armor provided is pretty basic. This is why I didn't purchase the Collector's Edition when the game came out.

I mean, all that's available for the CE digitally is limited companion customization, a few "meh" pets, ugly dyes, and basic armor. The only thing that's cool about the CE is the physical content (which I love, by the way).

If BioWare, or any company controlled by EA, makes another Star Wars MMO in the future, hopefully the "exclusive" digital content is actually good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.