pvp vengeance jugger gear questions for 5.0

-RADAX-

Hi guys,

was absent for 2,5 years shortly before the lvl 65 upgrade. I am now on lvl 65 and would like to gear up my pvp vengeance jugger.

Before the 4.0 I had the highest gear with mk-9 boosts.

All optimized with ar / hp.

I have read this guide now: http://dulfy.net/2015/11/23/swtor-4-...de-by-zetsuma/

Its for 4.0. Is it still good?

Is crit that good atm?

Which pvp vendor gear do you use?

What are the best boosts for item slots?

Which is the best pvp server atm? Im on TM3...

Really appreciate your help.

We are very close to 5.0. If you are just now starting to gear, my advice is to get your 204 set bonus. Then call it a day. The Comms will convert to something.

204 is cheap. Very cheap.

Do that and sit on the rest. We will find out soon enough what will happen I 5.0. With 204s you will at least have a set bonus to work with.

Vengeance is very ez. Mb the eziest spec for newbie. As for server to play - most of the players from the TOFN are playing on TRE - so tho is that server is focusing for.

IDK if you're serious but veng is honestly the worst spec for pvp as a jug right now in my opinion.

IDK if you're serious but veng is honestly the worst spec for pvp as a jug right now in my opinion.

For me its one of the most comfortable to play. I mained jugg at release and playing sometimes. One of the most facetanking spec in the game. I see only few problems for dis class - roots and snares. IMO.

As for yolo i don't care coz its RNG luck. How looks this spec in it. U can be the GOD and have 1100 rating if u not lucky enough.

Edited by helpmewin

For me its one of the most comfortable to play. I mained jugg at release and playing sometimes. One of the most facetanking spec in the game. I see only few problems for dis class - roots and snares. IMO.

As for yolo i don't care coz its RNG luck. How looks this spec in it. U can be the GOD and have 1100 rating if u not lucky enough.

So you're talking about group ranked? Sure it's good if you're spreading lots of dots but it's kind of useless in a 1v1 type of situation. Try immortal or rage spec for anything else you'll probably like it better.

Edited by RACATW

So you're talking about group ranked? Sure it's good if you're spreading lots of dots but it's kind of useless in a 1v1 type of situation. Try immortal or rage spec for anything else you'll probably like it better.

GRP ranked is dead and all about double-carbo meta. 1 vs 1 is not that type that should be balanced in MMO. Mb for salty kids its important.

I want that all specs i like to play be viable in hight-end group content. PvP and PvE - other just don't matter.

Edited by helpmewin

GRP ranked is dead and all about double-carbo meta. 1 vs 1 is not that type that should be balanced in MMO. Mb for salty kids its important.

I want that all specs i like to play be viable in hight-end group content. PvP and PvE - other just don't matter.

Well you're talking about facetanking which is why I suggested immortal. And rage does better single target damage than veng, veng is the DOTS class so it's meant to survive a longer to spread the dots than rage but it isn't as bursty single target. (in fact single target damage is the worst out of the three believe it or not)

If you like DOTS that's fine but for anything else, the other 2 specs are better as veng is the jack of all trades. So it bothers me when I see people wave it around like its a great spec as I played it extensively and wasn't too impressed.

Edited by RACATW

Well you're talking about facetanking which is why I suggested immortal. And rage does better single target damage than veng, veng is the DOTS class so it's meant to survive a little longer to spread the dots than rage but it isn't as bursty single target. (in fact single target damage is the worst out of the three believe it or not)

If you like DOTS that's fine but for anything else, the other 2 specs are better all around. So it bothers me when I see people wave it around like its a great spec as I played it extensively and wasn't too impressed.

For me its a great spec If u have any problems to play in it u should adress it to BW combat team. U just now trying to argue with me, coz i like to play in vengeance and this is very comfortable spec for me.

Edited by helpmewin

For me its a great spec If u have any problems to play in it u should adress it to BW combat team. U just now trying to argue with me, coz i like to play in vengeance and this is very comfortable spec for me.

I don't play in veng spec very often anymore, so I don't really care lol. All I've been saying is my original point which is that it is (in my opinion like I said) the worst spec for pvp for a jugg.

So newcomers should be warned

Rage - best single target damage (means you dont have to rely on others to do single target dmg with you)

Immortal - tank (facetanks)

Veng - DOTS & middle ground survivability between rage & immortal (rely on others to do single target dmg and cant tank very well)

For DPS:

Make sure to change all your gear enhancements to Adept Enhancement 40X (including the saber and offhand ones) and the Mods for Lethal Mod 40X. For the augmentations, I use 9 Overkill Augs and 5 Critical Augs. For the ear, and implants you will want the Adept ones. For relics, pick the critical and the power ones.

For tanking:

Theres a lot of options here, some ppl just change the spec and keep using the dps set, but fully augmented with endurance augs (14 endurance augments), and using the tank ear and implants for extra HP. And offcourse the shield (modded with the dps armoring, mod and enhancement).

And if you want the tank bonus set, just use that same config but with tank armorings instead of the dps ones. (will have a lot of HP)

Edited by RafaelPeretz