Please Don't Play Me- Galactic Command and Gearing

AllisonLightning

For the TLDR crowd; basically, a rant about getting referred to as 'most loyal customers' when it's really just an attempt to string gear out the way chapters were during KOTFE to force longer subs and how this irks.

I had a good night's sleep, got onto the forums- there had been a live stream and the new system's setup as you wanted Galactic Command/gearing to be reserved for your most loyal customers.

There aren't many things that get under my collar on a separate level to my anxiety but congratulations, I'll take a moment here to explain why I'm trying to remind myself I'm having fun in game at the moment and was considering adding another six month stint on past February.

When you added the premium name change I thought the worst it was came down to a label and trying to pass off the current system as a premium. You were releasing all the chapters at once- read, it wasn't working. Monkeys could have told you that and you should have just swallowed your pride and started charging per expansion. I don't have much sympathy when you cut off your own revenue stream, or however much I loved the trailer and it spawned head canon/fanfic/new alt, it wasn't the equivalent of 400,000 monthly sub fees.

Instead, you create a new interface that reminds me of good/bad karma in Fallout 3 where I would get attacked if I was too good or too evil in part to dress up your new attempt at keeping people subbed over months.

The whole point seems to boil down to stringing out gear so that players will stay subbed over the longer period and trying to manipulate us subs using the old dichotomy to make us so busy thinking about how Preferred or F2P deserve nothing that we don't think about what you're actually doing. Making sure it's a time consuming process to gear each character so that subs stay subbed after the expansion drop for longer.

So, please don't pretend you're doing this to reward your most loyal customers. I don't buy it and all it makes me want to do is spite myself by not playing when I'm having a blast at the moment. Just imagine what it does, even subconsciously to the subs who are reaching their limit and not having fun at the moment.

You are putting too much thought into the game. It is 15 bucks a month, nothing else can give you that entertainment value. That one drink at a club runs you that.

If you are enjoying yourself, sub regardless of what they are doing, and if not than unsub and play something else.

You are putting too much thought into the game. It is 15 bucks a month, nothing else can give you that entertainment value. That one drink at a club runs you that.

If you are enjoying yourself, sub regardless of what they are doing, and if not than unsub and play something else.

Just quoting for truth.

It is my problem, I'm enjoying the game too much to play that although I can't drink (well, I can and get a migraine for my trigger rebellion) and clubs are too much pressure. I guess writing up this post is getting out my frustration at the developers in a healthier way than cutting off my nose to spite my face or letting my sub lapse just for something external I hate.

To bad I like other parts of the game to not quit but I know garbage design when I see it.

RNG gearing at max level is that design. There is no place for it in SWTOR at this point in the games life cycle.

We had a gearing system that should have been kept and adjusted to work in GC and without randomized loot crates.

RNG gearer is no good.

I cant claim to have followed tons of MMO and know it all and such . But...I dont think this is normal .

This whole...lets do stuff backward . Cose from where Im sitting , it look like they are doing the thing you do on a video tape fast forward only backward instead .

I mean it started with Level sync , then the nerf , then Kotfe , then now this .

Its like nobody planned this at all and it is all a Spurr of the moment things !

Guy 1: Yeah ! Lets nerf the game that should bring more peoples in!

Guy 2:No wait! lets also make a Level sync !

Guy 1:Ohhh thats genius !

Guy 2: No no I have better ! Lets make a Level sync , nerf the game so its easy for the new clients and then lets work on a sequel !

Guy 1: a sequel for Kotfe ! yeah! and then make it a chapter per months !

Guy 2: No! Nobody liked that even though it was bringing in alot of money !

Guy 1: right! So lets do that !

Guy 2: Everyone will love it right !

Guy 1: Yeah! who doesnt like RIGHT IN YOUR FACE OUT OF NOWHERE CHANGES! Imagine BW and EA LOGO flashing when I say that too!

Guy 2: Yeah ! Matriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiix BABEH! Im so over it !

Meanwhile....in the game or on forum :

Player 1: They killed PVP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T>T

Player 2: I hate Level Sync....They just killed my boring routine ! Come back Routineeeeeeeeee!

Player 3: where are my Many Wifes and Husbands ! where are they !! I want a sammich !!!

Player 4: No raid , no Ops , no GRC........where is the Ping Pong table again !

Player 5: Gay romance , Gay Jeeday , Gay Smoochies where are thou

Back at BW Twitter HQ!

Guy 1: Wow! Did you see that !! I see Profit ! Kaching Kaching!

Guy 2: Yup . Twitter doesnt Lie ! They Love it !!

(Twitter : Connect with Millions Today! )..............

Players 1,2,3,4,5: THats an INNUENDO! READ BETWEEN THE LINE BW!!!!!

:D dont kill meh for this lol it just came out of nowhere !