Regarding the DvL Victory/Defeat Sides Boss Fights

SentientReaver

Hello! I normally am not capable of watching streams, however I was able to catch this one and a question has been raised for me. During the livestream it was mentioned when a side is victorious and they get special bosses to fight (as far as I understand) in which the losing side is apparently able to deny the winning side their special bosses or vice versa.

I can understand how that may be a good idea, but I had to sit and think of some player mentalities. And while I'd love for it to be made in a perfect world scenario, I have to ask: is this going to inspire PvP elements with the DvL community for these said bosses? Or will this perhaps kickstart some unfortunate killsteal encounters, as typically all it takes is one person to get the first hit to then have them and their team completely strip another team's reward.

If this possible predicament was touched upon, should we expect the opposing side to instead of strip kills make it just more challenging for their enemy side, like maybe traps only they can activate or anything like that?

I was also wondering about kill credit.

If they could put in an exception where kill credit is joint, that would be ideal to me, but maybe they want people fighting over the bosses. I just don't see the level of organization they imagine happening all that much. Instead I imagine people getting griefed with kill credit and giving up because they either can't get enough people together, or they did but some individual or group went in and already got kill credit, so now what?

Maybe I'll be completely wrong though. *shrug*

I think it's a cool concept, but the bosses part gives me pause.

I just don't see the level of organization they imagine happening all that much.

Like how the devs imagined all these epic wars between multiple ops teams of mixed PVE and PVP players on each side battling in the middle of the faction bases over the conquest commanders... And then in actual practice everybody going after commanders just has one tank sneak the boss away from the faction base to where the team is waiting outside of the pvp flagging zone while another tank runs the base's guards away until they reset, and everybody just trashes the commander without having to deal with any enemy players or any of the base's guards. (Granted, I guess they moved the commanders to be only in the pvp instance at some point to try to discourage this practice? I thought I heard that at some point. Haven't really looked into it. Does anybody even fight commanders anymore since they did that?)

Like how the devs imagined all these epic wars between multiple ops teams of mixed PVE and PVP players on each side battling in the middle of the faction bases over the conquest commanders... And then in actual practice everybody going after commanders just has one tank sneak the boss away from the faction base to where the team is waiting outside of the pvp flagging zone while another tank runs the base's guards away until they reset, and everybody just trashes the commander without having to deal with any enemy players or any of the base's guards. (Granted, I guess they moved the commanders to be only in the pvp instance at some point to try to discourage this practice? I thought I heard that at some point. Haven't really looked into it. Does anybody even fight commanders anymore since they did that?)

These battles will never really happen because the game engine simply can't handle it. Unless of course they're doing something about that in the expansion and just haven't told us.

Anyone else remember the epic ilum slide shows?

These battles will never really happen because the game engine simply can't handle it. Unless of course they're doing something about that in the expansion and just haven't told us.

Anyone else remember the epic ilum slide shows?

/raises hand i still have the mission to kill 150 on one of my alts!

Definitely have been left puzzled, and it seems it just might have to stay that way. Oh well, but yeah, I will have to keep an eye on it, I wish people would be more passionate about their alignment choices though, the largest fear is the competitive nature of most players being moot. While I was pleasantly surprised to how this huge DvL event is going by one side suddenly not demolishing the other, I just don't know what will happen as this turns into a recurring thing, people might just want their victory rewards. A problem I've noticed in the video game, Warframe's similar system; it never is about the balance of the solar system anymore for them. So the only opposition for the enemy faction /might/ just end up being the griefers and the simply just humongous guilds that were made for said alignment, that on its own is a double edged sword. I love the idea they are trying though, and just will have to eagerly wait for the update to see just how it becomes handled.

On a serious side, a question I have is:

What happens if I choose the opposite side to my faction? If I am a BH and choose to fight for the light, and the dark side wins, thus spawning the dark side bosses.... am I able to fight/kill them?

A stranger scenario would be a trooper fighting for the dark side and then killing jedi bosses when the light side wins?

Or am I totally misreading how this works?

I was also wondering about kill credit.

If they could put in an exception where kill credit is joint, that would be ideal to me, but maybe they want people fighting over the bosses. I just don't see the level of organization they imagine happening all that much. Instead I imagine people getting griefed with kill credit and giving up because they either can't get enough people together, or they did but some individual or group went in and already got kill credit, so now what?

Maybe I'll be completely wrong though. *shrug*

I think it's a cool concept, but the bosses part gives me pause.

Now think about this. What if the attacking group is comprised of a mix of light and dark side characters. Who gets the kill credit then? Who gets rewarded for the kill? If a player from the losing side (light or dark) is on the team, and that player gets the killing blow will they spoil things for their team mates?

I know that Ben stated that this may seem complicated, but it is really simple in the way it is played out in game, but I wonder, will it be as simple as Ben wants us to think it will be?