Ops passes, DMC's - penalizing older players again?

Markark

I have payed dearly for a stash of Ops passes over the years in the event I might need to drop to preferred.

Each pass (I have 36 of them to cover 15 alts) has cost me in the vicinity of 1-1.5 mil credits off the GTN over time, and as of 5.0 it appears they're worthless, the only reason I do most Ops is to gear my alts.

BioWare has a way of punishing senior players by deleting earned progress or devaluing their saved resources - comp affections, devaluation of high end mats, starting from scratch on gear w/each expansion...etc.,

And now roughly 50 mil worth of Ops passes are worthless.

Having invested hundreds of hours into advancing my alts & their comps, each new expansion amounts to the deletion of past progress and time spent working to gear my toons doing the same content all over again.

Edited by Markark

I have payed dearly for a stash of Ops passes over the years in the event I might need to drop to preferred.

Each pass (I have 36 of them to cover 15 alts) has cost me in the vicinity of 1-1.5 mil credits, and as of 5.0 it appears they're worthless, the only reason I do most Ops is to gear my alts.

BioWare has a way of punishing senior players by deleting earned progress or devaluing their saved resources - comp affections, devaluation of high end mats, starting from scratch on gear w/each expansion...etc.,

Having invested hundreds of hours into advancing my alts & their comps, each new expansion amounts to the deletion of past progress and time spent working to gear my toons doing the same content all over again.

sell them quickly before word gets out!

Each pass (I have 36 of them to cover 15 alts) has cost me in the vicinity of 1-1.5 mil credits off the GTN over time, and as of 5.0 it appears they're worthless, the only reason I do most Ops is to gear my alts.

On the premise that Operations / Warzone / GSF passes do allow non-subscribers access to end-game content, it would be nice to have this point clarified by BioWare as to whether they also allow players to still obtain GC ranks and Command Crate loot boxes.

Absolutely you will not get gear directly from the content (aside from vanity items) as has been mentioned, it isn't clear if this is also a means to gain access to GC. If it isn't, it would be nice if BioWare did extend the use of these passes for these specific types of content to allow access to GC.

Same as I completely expect BioWare to release a GC weekly pass.

... Same as I completely expect BioWare to release a GC weekly pass.

Converting Ops passes to this type pass would be a smart thing to do, again this revolves around BioWare's history of effectively deleting senior players progress and saved resources.

Otherwise, we have wasted time to earn something that's about to be rendered worthless, and I know there are many, many players & guilds that have accrued these passes.

I can speak for a large majority of senior players when I say there's no way I'd run any of the same old Ops if there's no real reward for it, effectively meaning my passes, and the hundreds of hours spent earning them,. are now worthless.

On the premise that Operations / Warzone / GSF passes do allow non-subscribers access to end-game content, it would be nice to have this point clarified by BioWare as to whether they also allow players to still obtain GC ranks and Command Crate loot boxes.

Absolutely you will not get gear directly from the content (aside from vanity items) as has been mentioned, it isn't clear if this is also a means to gain access to GC. If it isn't, it would be nice if BioWare did extend the use of these passes for these specific types of content to allow access to GC.

I think his point is running ops is now worthless because you can get the same rewards from easier solo content.

I think his point is running ops is now worthless because you can get the same rewards from easier solo content.

True, but that HM/NiM Ops will be the fastest way to attain gear, FP's and less difficult content will take substantially more time.

Edited by Markark

And now roughly 50 mil worth of Ops passes are worthless.

1 - 1.5 mill??? Not that much of an investment that I can see. couple hours at best

How does being a veteran player entitle you to things when you stop your sub?

Older players should be rewarded for being subbed for a long time, not for dropping their subs.

Logic destroys their emotion fuels responses, but it is funny.

{Tell me about it OP - I also took a bit of a gamble and bought some shares in 2015, hoping that I could sell them on at a profit, and the particular share I bought nosedived. I demand some compensation for this lack of judgment on my part.}

At least you are only losing some fake digital currency.

Edited by CrazyCT

You have to be level 70 to gain access to begin GC earning levels. Earning level's awards the loot boxes which is the only way to get the new gear..[Operations will no longer be dropping gear so even if you could use raid passes, it wouldn't matter because you can't get gear from doing raids]

You have to be a subscriber in order to be able to attain level 70 [up from 65]. Therefore, if you cannot attain level 70, by extension can't earn GC levels and thus you cannot get the loot boxes that have the new gear.

Essentially the new end game will be gated by subscriber status, if you're not a subscriber you'll be stuck where you are at the end of 4.0 going into 5.0. You will not be able to progress any further than level 65. You won't even be able to use the crafted gear that has the stats of higher rated gear [but no set bonus] [above 224] because you'll still need to be level 70 in order to be able to equip and use that above 224 rated crafted gear. Furthermore, the operations are all being Uped to level 70 [like they upped all the Operations to level 65 when 4.0 dropped], so doing level 70 operations won't be possible either if you are stuck at 65 [you might be able to do EV/KP/EC, but that's it I think], and even if you could do them, you'd be under geared for that raid content.

Doing content other than Operations which will still award GC points, again, wont matter because you'd need to be level 70 to use the new gear.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

You have to be level 70 to gain access to begin GC earning levels. Earning level's awards the loot boxes which is the only way to get the new gear..[Operations will no longer be dropping gear so even if you could use raid passes, it wouldn't matter because you can't get gear from doing raids]

You have to be a subscriber in order to be able to attain level 70 [up from 65]. Therefore, if you cannot attain level 70, by extension can't earn GC levels and thus you cannot get the loot boxes that have the new gear.

Essentially the new end game will be gated by subscriber status, if you're not a subscriber you'll be stuck where you are at the end of 4.0 going into 5.0. You will not be able to progress any further than level 65. You won't even be able to use the crafted gear that has the stats of higher rated gear [but no set bonus] [above 224] because you'll still need to be level 70 in order to be able to equip and use that above 224 rated crafted gear. Furthermore, the operations are all being Uped to level 70 [like they upped all the Operations to level 65 when 4.0 dropped], so doing level 70 operations won't be possible either if you are stuck at 65 [you might be able to do EV/KP/EC, but that's it I think], and even if you could do them, you'd be under geared for that raid content.

Doing content other than Operations which will still award GC points, again, wont matter because you'd need to be level 70 to use the new gear.

You really have no idea about Preferred Status and what happens when you have access to an expansion. It's not an insult, I caught a sub guildmate who didn't know any better who said that a current sub had to hit level 65 before losing their subscription status otherwise they wouldn't be able to level to current max level.

Any Preferred who is a sub at the time or after 5.0 and KOTET hits will have access to the expansion and level 70 perpetually. There's a whole section of the playerbase who play (sub intermittently) who become Preferred after their sub period ends after a new expansion drops and use passes and unlocks to do the only content they care for and stay active for their friends.

• 1 month later...