Pref/F2P are Screwed (Gearing)

JediFollowerJ

Though, they said in a post before, they made more off P2Pers using the cash shop than any f2p using it. :p Those who are willing to purchase a sub, are willing to spend money. The others just want a free game.

I've bought unlocks I'd use if I ever went back to Preferred, and F2P aren't Preferred. And the $5 unlock Preferred unicorn is a very rare creature.

The f2p level cap is 50! To even reach level 70 in the first place, you must sub at least for one period, during which you can earn your gear (Eric confirmed prefs won't lose their gear). So what is this debate really about?

You've never lost artifact endgame gear you've acquired and equipped before. This debate is over a change taking pre-existing content (the ability to get endgame gear via passes and unlocks) and gating it to make it look like a shiny sub perk.

You've never lost artifact endgame gear you've acquired and equipped before. This debate is over a change taking pre-existing content (the ability to get endgame gear via passes and unlocks) and gating it to make it look like a shiny sub perk.

As said, they can farm the set-bonus gear during they sub to reach level 70! Yes, they have to work hard during those weeks, but that's the downside of not being a sub. After they farmed the gear and their 30/60 day sub ends, they will be able to raid just like anyone, just like it worked like in the past 5 years.

Well yeah when you put it that way of course the rich upper crust players won't have any problems at all... at least until/if they can't subscribe and they lose the chance to do things like being able to get gear at 70. On the oustisde subs may not be crying now but on the inside they might, just because they have to sub since they are afraid to lose everything if they don't. (I'm kind of one of them as well.)

Rich upper crust? Are serious or just trolling? It's 15$ for crying out loud, a freaking 10 year old can make that in a day by helping out neighbours and such, heck you probably can make that much in a day walking around town picking up coins from the street others dropped.

"Rich upper crust".....now i heard everything.

Rich upper crust? Are serious or just trolling? It's 15$ for crying out loud, a freaking 10 year old can make that in a day by helping out neighbours and such, heck you probably can make that much in a day walking around town picking up coins from the street others dropped.

"Rich upper crust".....now i heard everything.

Or just not using Starbucks for a day

Well yeah when you put it that way of course the rich upper crust players won't have any problems at all... at least until/if they can't subscribe and they lose the chance to do things like being able to get gear at 70. On the oustisde subs may not be crying now but on the inside they might, just because they have to sub since they are afraid to lose everything if they don't. (I'm kind of one of them as well.)

Firstly, it has nothing to do with that- more ignorant subs who have yet to see the correlation between current population issues and what will be a compounded problem. Secondly, dude- that's not helping; it's like using a Hitler reference in an argument. It makes you easy to shut down and for people to ignore valid arguments.

Edited by AllisonLightning

As said, they can farm the set-bonus gear during they sub to reach level 70! Yes, they have to work hard during those weeks, but that's the downside of not being a sub. After they farmed the gear and their 30/60 day sub ends, they will be able to raid just like anyone, just like it worked like in the past 5 years.

One of the best healers I know in the game unsubbed because well, lack of content. He is not going to sub again until there is new content and not the KOTET crap we are being given with a slot machine for gear. And if things continue as they are, he is not going to ever sub again. Right now he is playing as pref, but once 5.0 hits, he is not going to. Not for FPs, not for ops, not for anything. Unless BW/EA do a 180 degree turn, and stop this crap, and get serious.

1. Gearing: if BW wants everyone to be geared even SOLO players, then they could have left the ops as they are, and also implemented the GCX system, so people who just play for ops, can do so. As for PvP, I would leave that as it is. It's easy to gear for PvP, I have done it, and have a full set for my mara and my sniper, and woul;d have gotten more comms for the rest, but I don't see the point doing it now.

2. Content: the crap they are producing, may be fine for SOLO players, but not for group content. And no SFs and TEC ARE not group content, as all rewards are for SOLO play and not for group play. Also, achievements in both is for SOLO play, not for group play.

3. Remove the bugs in the game that have plagued the game for months, and in some cases for years.

As I watched the livestream today, I saw an interesting idea some people wrote in the comments: why not let the preferred get access to the Command System so they can gear but at a slower pace? It would at least still allow preferred people to get gear (or subs who drop sub for whatever reason) without relying on other people to craft mods for them or having to buy the mods on the gtn for jacked up prices. At least that way pref accounts could still be useful to people and guilds especially if they want to do group content like operations.

Now some think that the limitations playing on f2p are fair, and in some ways it is but others it isn't. Limiting them so they can't have unlimited warzones or be able to do operations (at level 50 even) kind of sucks for them. Yeah I know the devs get money for selling the passes on the CM, but I doubt they are making so much money on them regularly or so that they couldn't just get rid of them and still do fine. They probably make more money off of people buying cartel packs anyway, not the passes that are a bit expensive for what they do anyway. At least let the f2p players be able to do unlimited content that a level 50 player can do. And if they still don't like the level cap of 50 then they could sub for a month and potentially raise their cap up to 65/70. That way the player is happy and the devs would be happy since another person has given them money. Even if that f2p who went sub for a bit would become pref would gain the benefits of an "upgraded" account over the free one.