I like the new Command System

Methylium

You also get to roll on each boss, for a piece of loot. You don't gain entire levels and new loot boxes every single operation. Also, I play once a week, that's it at this point, and I raid NiM content. Your magic plan is asking me to run story modes for months and months to get BACK to what I was doing? Not to mention that command ranks are per character, currently I have 26 alts, all of them ready to step in and fill a needed roll via legacy gear. Well that isn't possible anymore unless I plan on wasting my entire year grinding boring crap that I don't want to do. The obvious fact is that the drops were already too easy for people to get the absolute best of the best gear, not to mention there is ZERO reason for it for Story Mode hero's, so why change something that wasn't broken completely, to something that is very clearly crap.

Crap in your opinion. But it's much better suited for your average player. The only real people who are losing something, is the high-end elitist raiders who don't want to share their gear. Now everyone can get the gear they can.

Also, we don't know how long the gear grind will be. With this new system though, BioWare has complete control on how long the gear grind is. Before it was based much more on circumstance, and it was wayyyy too easy to get the best gear.

Edited by Hawk_IV

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap in your opinion. But it's much better suited for your average player. The only real people who are losing something, is the high-end elitist raiders who don't want to share their gear. Now everyone can get the gear they can.

Also, we don't know how long the gear grind will be. With this new system though, BioWare has complete control on how long the gear grind is. Before it was based much more on circumstance, and it was wayyyy too easy to get the best gear.

Funny how most people who agree with this gearing system has some sort of stupid and lost vendetta against high end raiders, they want them to suffer, and now they got it. Congrats, wishing your misfortune on others brought something upon them, I hope you feel better about yourself now.

Funny how most people who agree with this gearing system has some sort of stupid and lost vendetta against high end raiders, they want them to suffer, and now they got it. Congrats, wishing your misfortune on others brought something upon them, I hope you feel better about yourself now.

I said elitist for a reason. Not every NiM raider is an elitist. I am a NiM raider and I love these changes. My friends are NiM raiders and they like these changes.

NiM raiders come in all colours. I don't want us to suffer, I only want the elitists to grow the **** up XD

I said elitist for a reason. Not every NiM raider is an elitist. I am a NiM raider and I love these changes. My friends are NiM raiders and they like these changes.

NiM raiders come in all colours. I don't want us to suffer, I only want the elitists to grow the **** up XD

Meh... my bad for the assumption, but circumstance still beats RNG any day. With circumstance, you can actually make a better system over time to stop people from getting high end gear... like... idk... getting rid of priority ops. RNG, no matter what, is still RNG.

I think a lot of hate is originating from people making assumptions. At this point we do not know how the RNG works, neither do we know how easy it is to get Command exp, how many items you get, how much disintigrating gear does and whether you will get the wrong role gear.

Most people assume the worst. Other people still do not understand that BW is all about casuals and not about progression raiders. So the people who fall in the latter category can complain all they want but it won't do much.

Some concerns are obviously valid, but I doubt BW has not thought this through. Still I think it is good they are being raised. Although it could certainly be done more constructively in a lot of cases.

Assuming the worst or assuming the best. Seems you're assuming the best... that BW knows exactly what they're doing and has thought this all through thoroughly. Others assuming the opposite.

Thing is, I've studied game design and this does not feel like something a band of passionate game devs would come up with in their basement together. This feels like publisher pressure and money pressure, with a band of passionate game devs trying to patch fun onto it after the fact, so that it won't look like a heap of dung.

That's what it looks like to me at that moment, as far as components like the RNG and sub-only are concerned. The spirit of ranking up, of being powerful, getting rewarded for your efforts no matter how you play the game... that feels like genuine, hand-crafted with love game designers. Thing to realize is that game devs are ultimately trying to make something that is fun to do. Meanwhile the business bottom line is ultimately trying to make something that will make money. I guarantee you there's all kinds of compromising to accommodate the latter, without destroying the former, the former being what players are here for.

So when too much of the business seeps through, people try to point it out and offer ideas for how to keep the business components intact without destroying the fun. That's a lot of what it boils down to, even if people aren't thinking of it in quite that way.

So you straw man it, and then go on to say we dont know how long the gear grind will be. Actually we do, there are people on PTS right now going through the levels, and they aren't quick. You're not gonna walk out of an operation with gear. Teams that have been together for years always have players who log in more and play more. Those teams are going to get stuck waiting on the players who don't, further delaying that team getting back into the ancient content they were already working on. If I'm the elitist raider who doesn't want to share their gear that must mean you're the try-hard story mode hero who just doesn't have the skill or drive to put in the effort to get the higher end stuff. not that it matters for you because you can LITERALLY DO EVERYTHING BESIDES HIGH END RAIDING OFF OF THE COMMS GEAR.

So you straw man it, and then go on to say we dont know how long the gear grind will be. Actually we do, there are people on PTS right now going through the levels, and they aren't quick. You're not gonna walk out of an operation with gear. Teams that have been together for years always have players who log in more and play more. Those teams are going to get stuck waiting on the players who don't, further delaying that team getting back into the ancient content they were already working on. If I'm the elitist raider who doesn't want to share their gear that must mean you're the try-hard story mode hero who just doesn't have the skill or drive to put in the effort to get the higher end stuff. not that it matters for you because you can LITERALLY DO EVERYTHING BESIDES HIGH END RAIDING OFF OF THE COMMS GEAR.

Are the people on the PTS confirming it's slow? What if crates are popping like flies? Where is the proof?

BTW I prefer NiM content, and I will continue to do it in 5.0... It doesn't seem that hard to gear

Please share the proof that what currently is on this PTS is actually going to be that way at launch. Last I checked, such things are usually very volatile and subject to change in most video games.

Edited by BobTheTeepo

Please share the proof that what currently is on this PTS is actually going to be that way at launch. Last I checked, such things are usually very volatile and subject to change in most video games.

Sorry just going by my previous experience testing 2.0, 3.0, GSF.... Major systems on PTS ride allllll the way through to live, bugs and all.

Why all the hate? Just wait and test it out. I think it sounds perfect. And no, I am not trolling and yes, I actually play the game including raids.

In addition to what the others have already said, if we wait until the bad changes are already in place in order to "wait and see" it's already too late. Systems once in place, even if bad, are rarely removed - the exception is that the RNG gear system being proposed was actually in the SWTOR's early PVP and was removed for the reasons the community is stating. Sweeping changes like we see with 5.0 are usually only tweaked instead of removed once implemented. It's better to let Bioware know that certain aspects are generally hated ahead of time so they can be fixed or removed than allow them to be implemented and have the the community stuck with them while hemorrhaging players.

Since you're a raider like I am why should I have to grind non-operations content to rank up a Galactic Command to get gear to run Operations? I'm in a progression raid group and we spend hours per week learning, and wiping on HM OPs. Now instead of raiding we're doing other things to get the gear that should drop from Operations bosses. They should keep the pre-set unassembled operations boss drops and also add in the operations exclusive mounts and cosmetic items that 5.0 teased. Gearing your Operations toon or PVP toon should not be left up to the RNG Gods, it should be left up to Ops groups to determine via in group rolling or via group rules.

As a progression raider, who has 23 alts:

1. I run mostly dps. So my luck of getting the dps gear on a Jugg will be 1/28 (dual class, and it's based on Advanced Class not on Discipline), but considering that implants and earpieces have 5 different stats, it's 1/36. Add that relics also have about 10 different options, it comes down to 1/46 chances. Now, for the first few, crates I might as well get the gear I need, aftter that my chances of getting that last 6-set bonus... And I might grind for weeks and months and never get it because the RNG gods are not with me.

2. Add the weekly cap, which we don't know what it will be, and we do not know how much command points we'll need (although I have an idea, read something). Now, if running 2 ops per week, like Tfb and S&V Sm because they have 14 bosses, and running 1 conquest per week, and doing a few flashpoints, gives me weekly cap...

3. Add the fact that we do not yet know if the set bonus which is given by armorings will be legacied, or if we will need the same command rank on every toon to use it.

4. Add to that grinding on 23 alts. Or at least about 10 which I play in ops, depending on whether we need mdps or rdps, and depending on lockouts...

5. And of course, let's not forget that there is no new content which personally I am actually waiting to play. I have not even done KOTFE on most of my alts yet, and yet, through some ops and legacy gear, they are ops ready.

They have taken the fun out of the game. I still remember the feeling on my first ops, when I did not know what I was doing, and people in my guild, helping me. I still remember doing some stupid newbie stuff because I did not know the raid well, and made mistakes. And learned from those mistakes. I still remember the thrill of killing Revan SM the first time, passing through UL which was a dps check and you ahd to get the cross right at the time. I still remember killing Bulo HM at L60, and getting that armor piece at the time.

Now, there is no fun anymore. Except for M&B HM, Ravan HM, Cora HM, and some NiM bosses, I have done the rest of the content. And now I have to grind again, the same old content, PRAY to the gods of RNG that I don't get 15 bracers in a row (which if my luck with the DvL crates holds, then I probably will), or I don't get 15 items in a row for the wrong spec.

BW is lazy. they are requiring players to do an insane amount of grind of 2-year old content, and a lot of content which for some is boring, just to be able to enjoy the part they want. Instead of concentrating on what people really want: NEW CONTENT: ops, FPs, WZs, daily/weekly areas, conquest, events.