BW please make server transfers cheap again

Magvay

BW please make server transfers cheap again. I personally missed this wave of cheap transfers and after coming back my server is dead but moving like 20 chars to another server will cost a fortune. Could you please before the expansion make this another wave of free xfers pretty please

While you wait for Bioware to fix this for you, there are a few options.

You might have to plan ahead a little bit for greater success. Start new toons on the new server using using names of your current toons. If you are lucky those names will be available. Use them as place holders until you get that toon to the new server then delete the place holder and rename the original toon to their original (or an acceptable) name.

I highly recommend you evaluate whether or not you need all of those toons. Look, I am an altaholic. I have 33 toons at level 65. But if I had to pay to transfer off of my server, I would only move 5-6 at the very most. Because I only really play those 5-6. Truth be told, I only play 4 with any regularity.

1.) Load up your main main toon ... your absolute favorite with every last credit and item that he and his entire bank (not legacy) can hold. Click on someone's (not mine) Referral Link and move that one toon for free. This will transfer your entire legacy (datacrons, achievements, etc etc) to the new server. Then take advantage of DvL + 2XP until the end of November to "grind" up a few versions of the toons you left behind and can't live without. You'll be like level 30 if you do every quest between beginning and getting your star ship. You'll be 50 before you finish Tatooine. Probably higher if you are still doing every quest.

2.) As a subscriber, you receieve 500 cartel comms at no additional cost to you per month. Every other month = enough CC to move a toon yourself ... at no additional cost to you.

BW please make server transfers cheap again. I personally missed this wave of cheap transfers and after coming back my server is dead but moving like 20 chars to another server will cost a fortune. Could you please before the expansion make this another wave of free xfers pretty please

Just a nit picky note: transfers were never free, they cost 90CC, so even if they did put transfers on that level of sale again, it would cost you 1800CC to transfer every character.

Now that that's out of the way, I agree 100% with what ekwalizer has advised.

Furthermore, I will post my suggestion again: each character should get a one-time only cheaper transfer on a timer; As soon as you login to or create a character the timer begins, and you have 30 days to use that lower cost transfer (I have suggested 200CC but the cost does not matter) or lose it. 30 days, should be more than enough time to figure out whether the server you are on is what you want. And this solves the problems of players like the OP (long absent players who are now returning to dead servers), and that of new players not knowing what server to start out on.

Then take advantage of DvL + 2XP until the end of November to "grind" up a few versions of the toons you left behind and can't live without.

NOTE: If you have already done this on your existing server, all DvL achievements you've acquired so far will carry over like all your other achievements and you will not be able to grind any of the armor on your new server. I transferred a toon over without the xp armor to another server without considering this, and now I'm locked out from getting DvL rewards on the destination server. So beware. If you do transfer, and you want your xp gear, take it with you. You won't be able to grind another set once you get there if you've done it already.

Edited by xordevoreaux

NOTE: If you have already done this on your existing server, all DvL achievements you've acquired so far will carry over like all your other achievements and you will not be able to grind any of the armor on your new server. I transferred a toon over without the xp armor to another server without considering this, and now I'm locked out from getting DvL rewards on the destination server. So beware. If you do transfer, and you want your xp gear, take it with you. You won't be able to grind another set once you get there if you've done it already.

That is a solid point. I still don't understand why they don't email it to every toon like they (still) do with the Pilot suits.