Suggestion: Remove channeled abilities for a more accessible Watchman / Anni rotation

Ardarell_Solo

One final remark. Wouldn't using 50% more annihilates with the current cooldown of battering assault cause rage starvation? So we'll have to compensate by an assault or 2. This is probably outside of the OP and more a balance issue but nevertheless seems interesting.

One final remark. Wouldn't using 50% more annihilates with the current cooldown of battering assault cause rage starvation? So we'll have to compensate by an assault or 2. This is probably outside of the OP and more a balance issue but nevertheless seems interesting.

That's cerainly something to consider. I tend to have too much rage when playing Anni, though, which is why I use Force Scream instead of Vicious Slash as a filler every now and then. Dropping that habit would probably make up for that.

That being said, devs can adress resource issues by adjusting passive resource generation, i.e. increase of percentage numbers for Bloodlust and Hemorrhage. That has already been done in earlier patches.

While I sort of miss the days of 6secs Annihilate CD, because it's such a satysfying ability to use [snip]I just feel that since 4.0 the spec has finally recovered from the changes made with 3.0 launch, as well as the changes during 3.x. And I'd hate for Anni to go through something similar again

I'm getting that from several players, some of whom chose not to post here for that exact reason. It's disheartening that we've reached a point where we'd rather not ask for improvement, because we're afraid things will get worse instead.

I must say that I've had frustrating experiences while trying to help improve the spec myself, but I refuse to be THAT pessimistic.

While it is difficult for me to imagine the rotation. I am not generally opposed to having revage as an instant. It could give watchman a little bit more burst (although you could argue with the strong sustained it doesn't deserve it, but then I am calling for some changes to combat because currently imo it is just to good in everything) and make the specc even more dynamic ( a reason why I liked the 4.0 changes) and fast.

But I would miss the channeled annimation (and no a fastened 1.5 sec animation of it would cut it for me). I would also simply miss the clip on masterstrike which isn't hard to learn but needs to be learned.

All in all with the rumors I heard, with a instant mastersstrike I would probably like your rotation. I do not want to have a rng based reset of cauterize however. I started to play Watchmen in 2.9 or 2.10 and I really didn't like the rng based dot reset. I only played it because of raid utility and because I simply did more damage than in combat. I enjoyed combat more back then but the 4.0 changes...changed that. I miss riposte and cauterize on my bar. I actually left the spots open. No other abbility shall ever be in their place.

My only gripe with it would be that I hate fixed rotations and love priority systems. so the more priority something gets I will like it the more. while it still leaves room for openess atleast reading it here feels almost like reading a fixd rotation. not that I would learn it like that, I would keep with my principle of merciless/overload saber on cd and dots on targert after that what else I have available ;)

Well, this may actually be happening. (Rip ravage clipping)

As for me, I really don't care what they do ability-wise with 5.0 class changes. What's going to keep me playing is the announcement of some type of new op. Even though I'm about 99% sure of the answer to that, I'm still holding on to a small grain of hope :(

Edited by WiththeForc

Well, this may actually be happening. (Rip ravage clipping)

As for me, I really don't care what they do ability-wise with 5.0 class changes. What's going to keep me playing is the announcement of some type of new op. Even though I'm about 99% sure of the answer to that, I'm still holding on to a small grain of hope :(

I'd go for either: New op OR better Watchman. I do hope for both :-)

I don't understand why people want to kill the game even more. Aesthetics is as much a part of the game as anything else, which is why the CM is full of cosmetic stuff. Ravage is the best animation for Warriors, and making it instant cast will ruin the ability. The did the same thing to sages with Disturbance.

How are people gonna cast force lightening and earthquake? I mean those are pretty cool animations too. For classes that use blasters and cannons, as wells as healers, this will be awesome. This "fix" is just gonna make some classes OP, mess up the aesthetics of others and kill the fun.

Just give melee immunity while casting, and ravage automatically snares the target (instead of using utility point). If its instant, the utility will be useless anyways and needs to be replaced.

Melee staying on target is a PvP thing and they just need to put PVP utilites that gives the melee abiliuties a snare.

I don't understand why people want to kill the game even more. Aesthetics is as much a part of the game as anything else, which is why the CM is full of cosmetic stuff. Ravage is the best animation for Warriors, and making it instant cast will ruin the ability. The did the same thing to sages with Disturbance.

How are people gonna cast force lightening and earthquake? I mean those are pretty cool animations too. For classes that use blasters and cannons, as wells as healers, this will be awesome. This "fix" is just gonna make some classes OP, mess up the aesthetics of others and kill the fun.

Just give melee immunity while casting, and ravage automatically snares the target (instead of using utility point). If its instant, the utility will be useless anyways and needs to be replaced.

Melee staying on target is a PvP thing and they just need to put PVP utilites that gives the melee abiliuties a snare.

Rumor has it, casted and channeled abilities might disappear from melee classe, not from ranged. So Force Lightning and Earthquake will still be casts/channels for ranged players.

While I agree that a one GCD Ravage might look awkward, I think it does absolutely make sense not to force melee players to stand still for 2.5 secs. Talking Revan HM core, Brontes NIM finale etc. It's just an unnecessary and unnatural nuisance that most MMOs have long done away with or never even had on melee classes. Especially SWTOR is mechanically imbalanced against melee classes in the more difficult tiers of endgame PvE imo.