Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Permanent Rocket Boost Mount

sangtawan

This is an item that would mostly benefit the bounty hunter over any other class, or anyone wearing the armor at least. Jet pack mounts are nice, but the bounty hunter already has jet packs as a functioning piece of cosmetic armor on their back whenever they use the jet boost ability. I'd much rather be able to keep these rockets active permanently as a mount, rather than using another jet pack.

This is an item that would mostly benefit the bounty hunter over any other class, or anyone wearing the armor at least. Jet pack mounts are nice, but the bounty hunter already has jet packs as a functioning piece of cosmetic armor on their back whenever they use the jet boost ability. I'd much rather be able to keep these rockets active permanently as a mount, rather than using another jet pack.

Rocket boost can be used indoors, while mounts cannot.

Would you be willing to give up using rocket boost in areas where mounts cannot be used, such as instances?

Rocket boost can be used indoors, while mounts cannot.

Would you be willing to give up using rocket boost in areas where mounts cannot be used, such as instances?

Is the rocket boots use indoors a bug they just don't care to fix though? In places you can't use mounts it turns into a super fast run.

Edited by GelstonJ

Is the rocket boots use indoors a bug they just don't care to fix though? In places you can't use mounts it turns into a super fast run.

No, rocket boost is designed to be able to be used indoors in places where mounts cannot be used, unless I am mistaken.

They can't just change rocket boost to a permanent "super fast run" or not to work indoors without wither breaking rocket boost or giving people what would essentially be a mount that worked everywhere, including areas where mounts are not intended to work.

No, rocket boost is designed to be able to be used indoors in places where mounts cannot be used, unless I am mistaken.

They can't just change rocket boost to a permanent "super fast run" or not to work indoors without wither breaking rocket boost or giving people what would essentially be a mount that worked everywhere, including areas where mounts are not intended to work.

Well, I was wondering. It turning into that run doesn't seem to be something they are meant to do. So I was just wondering if the rocket boots being used indoors is a bug, that the game tries to correct, but only does so on the animation... And not the movement speed.

They were originally made to be used in spaceports, before mounts could be used there. Obviously when mounts were allowed people who paid a million credits for the boost ability weren't pleased, so it was allowed everywhere outside pvp. At least that's what I heard.

Edited by ZanyaCross

They were originally made to be used in spaceports, before mounts could be used there. Obviously when mounts were allowed people who paid a million credits for the boost ability weren't pleased, so it was allowed everywhere outside pvp. At least that's what I heard.

That is possible. I will take your word for it.

I do not remember as I was not one of those that paid the million credits as soon as rocket boost became available. I only know that on the few characters I have that have the rocket boost, they can use it everywhere they have tried to use it. I do not PVP, so they have not tried them in PVP.

This could easily be added as a separate Rocket Boost mount/ability. Keep the one we have now, and add another one for use like a normal mount. The jet packs we currently have are so massively oversized on some character models that it's just ridiculous and breaks the immersion. Especially if said character already has a jetpack on the gear.

The easy solution is to make it a mount and just skin it with the same animations as the rocket boost perk.

Personally, I'd like a non rocket flying effect that uses similar animation but kicks up a "dust cloud" and represents Jedi "flying" through the force...or a Jedi "speed run" mount using similar animation as the sorc/sage speed boosts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.