The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Force Awakens and R2-D2

VitalityPrime

So the resistance has been looking for Luke ever since he disappeared all those years ago...and the story starts with Poe getting a piece of the map.

Only for us to find out that R2-D2 has had the rest of the map all along, and stayed powered down for his own reasons.

My thing about all this is...isn't that kind of a messed up thing for R2-D2 to do?

He had the whole map, except for the one missing piece, which was where Luke was.

All these years, if he would have just shown the resistance from the beginning, they could have spent their time searching the "small" missing area of the map, and could have probably found Luke years ago.

Anyways, it's a nitpick of an otherwise great movie, in my opinion...but I just found it odd when I actually thought about it, haha.

That "small" piece could still have been thousands or millions of solar systems.

More likely though is that Luke probably left orders for R2 to only reveal the map under certain circumstances. He obviously left to be in seclusion and wanted to be alone for a reason, though we'll probably have to wait until 8 to find out exactly why, besides hunting for the first Jedi temple that is.

If you look at the original movies and then consider what happenend in the new trilogy do you even wonder whether R2 likes to see the whole world burn? Maybe he wanted Han to die first :eek: . But in all seriousness, it's more of a cinematic plot measure. Having Luke wait for *someone* for the whole movie was just supposed to make the viewers gaps just before leaving the cinema.

• 2 months later...