4.0 Vanguard Tank Guide

GhOsTPrOz

So I have glossed over the guide and see things that I can use to improve and others that I am not quite sure I agree with.

My main area is Relics, in the Guide the OP is using DPS relics, I can see the benefit in using them for some DPS tight fights, but I would like to hear from other tanks and the OP... Is this such a good Idea? I have looked at the Tank relics and while therw is benefit to them I wonder if going DPS may be a more preferable alternative

First off, I haven't read your guide.

What I don't get is: You post a guide. Obviously you're aware it isn't perfect. But instead of accepting hints and additions that would make you as a player and your guide even better, you start throwing insults at these people.

You're like those bads in GF that start yelling: "I PLAY HOW I WANT, LEAVE ME ALONE" while spamming force storm a single mob.

I don't get it. I consider myself a pretty good player. Cleared all content with my guild at level. But I still come here to the forums to ask questions if I see something I don't understand. I frequently look up guides. Not because I'm a bad player. But because there's always room to improve. And there are always things you don't know yet.

I get that, and I reasoned with him, and I even took some of his advice and added some things where he was right but this one same guy has gone through and nit picked the tiniest little errors over and over, I address them and he does it again with different stuff, some of the time he's just completely wrong like telling me 3 taunt opener isn't the best opener and it's just like....clearly he's picking a fight to pick a fight, I would love to hear constructive criticism but with him it's become harassment and isn't constructive.

Also for the record I have done almost all NiM content in 4.0 as a vanguard tank.

So I have glossed over the guide and see things that I can use to improve and others that I am not quite sure I agree with.

My main area is Relics, in the Guide the OP is using DPS relics, I can see the benefit in using them for some DPS tight fights, but I would like to hear from other tanks and the OP... Is this such a good Idea? I have looked at the Tank relics and while therw is benefit to them I wonder if going DPS may be a more preferable alternative

It's really up to you, I explained my stance on relics I prefer the DPS ones but I switch to tank ones on fights like dread guards NiM.

There's math somewhere that shows up all the tank relics get discredited by RNG and crazy math algorithms, I did not include it because I am really not good with math, but the main point is your DTPS won't be affected too much if at all regardless your choice, if you go with DPS relics not only will you do more damage which will equal more threat but you gain a higher health pool which is useful.

Honestly the way things are right now you have the room to play around with the relics and any of the gearing methods I mentioned and if you don't like it you can probably find your own happy medium and still be viable for almost all content. It's kinda sad but as long as you have the proper offhand and your in tank spec you can pretty much do anything with a pair of great healers.

Doesn't help you when you die to fire :p:D

How can a PT be a shrouded crusader? Sin is the only AC that has shroud. PTs should be oiled crusaders or smth.

These are both reasonable and logical counterpoints...which may or may not share a common denominator.

A highly flammable, oil-dipped on use relic might not be the smartest thing to carry around in one's tanking pocket. It also might explain a lot.

Fortunately, fashion doesn't have to make sense. :D

Edited by UberSamoyed

These are both reasonable and logical counterpoints...which may or may not share a common denominator.

A highly flammable, oil-dipped on use relic might not be the smartest thing to carry around in one's tanking pocket. It also might explain a lot.

Fortunately, fashion doesn't have to make sense. :D

Lol, both Oil slick and Immolate always reminds me of this song: