Is it possible to turn in the Locked Supply Crates...

Loadsamonie

...without having started the KOTFE chain? I haven't even done Chapter 1 yet, about to start the Shadow of Revan storyline, and I really need the companion gifts from turning these in to get a Rank 50 Companion for crafting, so I can sell the gifts bought from crystals instead.

This is ASSUMING the gifts earned from turning in crates are bound. Are they, or can they be put on the GTN as well?

...without having started the KOTFE chain? I haven't even done Chapter 1 yet, about to start the Shadow of Revan storyline, and I really need the companion gifts from turning these in to get a Rank 50 Companion for crafting, so I can sell the gifts bought from crystals instead.

This is ASSUMING the gifts earned from turning in crates are bound. Are they, or can they be put on the GTN as well?

You can purchase the Odessan Transport and use that to go to the cantina where you can buy the grade 6 gifts from Common Crystals (the green ones). Those gifts are not bound and can be sold/bought off the GTN.

The Supply Crates, however, require going through Chapter IX of KotFE in order to turn in.

Everything the crates drop are bound.

You can purchase the Odessan Transport and use that to go to the cantina where you can buy the grade 6 gifts from Common Crystals (the green ones). Those gifts are not bound and can be sold/bought off the GTN.

The Supply Crates, however, require going through Chapter IX of KotFE in order to turn in.

Everything the crates drop are bound.

If I start the KOTFE quest chain without having finished Oricon or SoR, am I going to lose the right to do those quest chains? Or can I still go back and do them?

Are the gifts from the supply crates good enough to get a companion to 50?

If I start the KOTFE quest chain without having finished Oricon or SoR, am I going to lose the right to do those quest chains? Or can I still go back and do them?

Comp Gifts Grade 4 and 5 gifts (from companion gift rewarding companion crew skills or purchase) should be fine to get up to 50. Heck, I generally settle with my "main" companion at being about 25 for crafting, and they get things done fast already.

SoR and Ziost will not be able to go back and finish afterwards.

Honestly, they're five inventory slot items, I'd leave them as is and keep playing the game going through the story stuff you want to at the pace you want to.

Well, supply crates drop level 5 blue or purple gifts. You will need a lot of crates to get to level 50, since effect of each gift is decreased after certain level.

I have 7 companions of level 50 and I generally follow this rule:

Level 1-19: Any gift that companion loves lower than grade 5 blue

Level 20-30: Grade 5 blue and/or purple

Level 30-59: Grade 6 purple

Grade 6 purple is obtainable in Odessen cantina for 30 CDC and you do not need KotFE for that. Or to buy them on GTN which is usually more expensive.

You are incorrect. Gifts are not bound and you can store them in your legacy cargo hold. Armour is bound to legacy, not to character.

How much are the gifts worth on the GTN, the ones from the supply crates? If they're substantial, I might be tempted to sell those too, instead of devoting them to Doc, and I really want to get Doc to 50 for the crafting bonuses, but preferably without it costing half my soul. I already gave him 24 cdc gifts tonight (a mistake on my part, could have made 3mil off that stuff), got him to 27.

I don't suppose the supply crates give credits? Or more crystals or crafting materials or something.

Edited by Loadsamonie

SoR is *permanently* blocked by starting KotFE. In fact, you can't even *finish* SoR if you begin KotFE part way through. Oricon, however, is not touched.

And, once more, I'll just point out that crafting is perfectly feasible with whatever companions you have lying around, even at influence rank 1, but if you feel that a level 50 companion is *necessary* for crafting - it isn't - then yes, the crates give gifts that are more than sufficient. (The only gifts that are problematic are grade 1, which don't give any influence rank at all if the companion is rank 40+.)

But for influence purposes, the ones you can get for crystals at the various vendors are the same (*exactly* the same) as the ones in the crates.

For reference: my DvL trooper cranked through maxing three different crafting crew skills and their associated gathering and mission skills *before* reaching the end of the base class story *AND* without having a rank 50 companion, and my DvL sorc did the same for the other three crafting skills.

SoR is *permanently* blocked by starting KotFE. In fact, you can't even *finish* SoR if you begin KotFE part way through. Oricon, however, is not touched.

And, once more, I'll just point out that crafting is perfectly feasible with whatever companions you have lying around, even at influence rank 1, but if you feel that a level 50 companion is *necessary* for crafting - it isn't - then yes, the crates give gifts that are more than sufficient. (The only gifts that are problematic are grade 1, which don't give any influence rank at all if the companion is rank 40+.)

But for influence purposes, the ones you can get for crystals at the various vendors are the same (*exactly* the same) as the ones in the crates.

For reference: my DvL trooper cranked through maxing three different crafting crew skills and their associated gathering and mission skills *before* reaching the end of the base class story *AND* without having a rank 50 companion, and my DvL sorc did the same for the other three crafting skills.

It's not necessarily the time reduction I need, but rather the Crit chance from a higher Companion. I'm a Biochemist and right now I need a lot of the purple Grade-9 Medical Supplies from Diplomacy, which are Delta Wave Inducers. And I can't get any from even the highest Diplomacy mission unless I get a crit.

Starting KotFE blocks class missions, companion missions, and the SoR chain (Start of Prelude to end of Ziost story). You can still do planetary missions, daily missions, FPs, what-have-you after starting KotFE. On my start-at-60 character (KotFE-completed) my missions terminal shows the Ilum, Makeb, and Oricon story mission starters, and

can go to Ziost for the post-story dailies.

You can only turn in Alliance Crates once you've completed KotFE 9; though you can access the rest of Odessen prior to that via priority transport perk.

Well, I'm gonna start the SoR chain now then. I really hope it doesn't take me more than a few hours to get through the whole thing.

The flashpoints are around hour each, (possibly less for the prologue ones), and the actual story content takes around an hour per planet without spacebarring; possilby a bit less. Overall, probably around 8 hours +/- 2 hour depending on how much you dawdle/skip. Note, I mostly didn't do the side missions on Rishi on my last run, but you have to do the dailies on Yavin, and it's a good idea to do them on Ziost if you want the vendor tokens. Ziost sid emissions don't add a lot of time, etiher.

The flashpoints are around hour each, (possibly less for the prologue ones), and the actual story content takes around an hour per planet without spacebarring; possilby a bit less. Overall, probably around 8 hours +/- 2 hour depending on how much you dawdle/skip. Note, I mostly didn't do the side missions on Rishi on my last run, but you have to do the dailies on Yavin, and it's a good idea to do them on Ziost if you want the vendor tokens. Ziost sid emissions don't add a lot of time, etiher.

How many Flashpoints are in the SoR chain? Cause RotHC had zero.

How many Flashpoints are in the SoR chain? Cause RotHC had zero.

The Korriban/Tython pair, Depths of Manaan, Legacy of the Rakata (prelude) - these 4 are closer to 45 minutes, or even 30 if you can stealth speedrun. Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi on Rishi; these are closer to an hour even if you do stealth past the trash.

So I guess this expansion is Flashpoint-driven then.

Oh well, I'll suffer through it. I'd rather do it and get the achievements then skip over something that I might regret missing out on just to catch up to the current expansion. And money is money.

The prologue is essentially four flashpoints one right after the other. Then you head on to a planet, do a lot of story quests on said planet, then have another flashpoint in the middle of it. Then you go back to the planet and finish up the other bunch of story quests, then the last flashpoint caps off that planet's story (more or less).

The good ting is, those flashpoints can be completed solo, and are ridiculously easy as such. (Tactical and hardmode...perhaps not so much. :p )

The prologue is essentially four flashpoints one right after the other. Then you head on to a planet, do a lot of story quests on said planet, then have another flashpoint in the middle of it. Then you go back to the planet and finish up the other bunch of story quests, then the last flashpoint caps off that planet's story (more or less).

The good ting is, those flashpoints can be completed solo, and are ridiculously easy as such. (Tactical and hardmode...perhaps not so much. :p )

What about the other two planets, Yavin IV and Ziost? Those don't have storyline related to SoR? Or Oricon?

Edited by Loadsamonie

So I guess this expansion is Flashpoint-driven then.

Oh well, I'll suffer through it. I'd rather do it and get the achievements then skip over something that I might regret missing out on just to catch up to the current expansion. And money is money.

The flashpoints can be done in solo mode. They are, essentially, "planetary" story arcs for their respective planets; only repeatable and with less cut scenes and more fight scenes than usual

You can skip the four Prelude: Forged Alliances flashpoints and fly straight to Rishi to start SOR. The only thing you miss out on by doing that is ~300 common crystals, and of course, the story behind the flashpoints. But when you arrive on Rishi, the characters you were supposed to meet in Forged Alliances will introduce themselves to you and catch you up to speed in some alternate dialog.

You can skip the four Prelude: Forged Alliances flashpoints and fly straight to Rishi to start SOR. The only thing you miss out on by doing that is ~300 common crystals, and of course, the story behind the flashpoints. But when you arrive on Rishi, the characters you were supposed to meet in Forged Alliances will introduce themselves to you and catch you up to speed in some alternate dialog.

Hunh - did not know that.

You also miss a couple of vendor tokens, FWIW - you get 1 or two manaan data and relic fragments from doing the Prelude

Edited by IanArgent

What about the other two planets, Yavin IV and Ziost? Those don't have storyline related to SoR? Or Oricon?

Yavin V has no flashpoints. You do a short story quest chain, then one run of the weekly.

Ziost is straight story - you don't even have to do the weekly.

Oricon is unrelated to SoR, and is not locked out after starting KotFE.