can we have an option of using out in game credits to pay for membership

Shineside

i love this game and the benifits of being a member but i cant afford the member ship because of responsabilities like

1. paying for my wedding

2. morgage payments

3. twins girl in the oven and they are 4 month along

4. bills in general

i want to have membership but these issues will prevent me from getting membership can we add a option to waste credits on it i have 60m credits and i already have all the powerful items i want it would be a great cedit wasteter to have this as a option for those llittle free spending money like my self

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love this game and the benifits of being a member but i cant afford the member ship because of responsabilities like

1. paying for my wedding

2. morgage payments

4. bills in general

i want to have membership but these issues will prevent me from getting membership can we add a option to waste credits on it i have 60m credits and i already have all the powerful items i want it would be a great cedit wasteter to have this as a option for those llittle free spending money like my self

Congratulations! Unfortunately, this wouldn't work- it's like creating sub tokens, it would require them to be bought with a separate kind of currency since it only works in games where those tokens have real money spent on them first. Maybe look at buying some account unlocks so you can be on preferred for a while?

1. paying for my wedding

2. morgage payments

4. bills in general

Well congratulations on getting married and now having a real life like the rest of us...

There really is more to life than SWTOR after all. I know it is hard to believe but its true...

Umm.... NO!

That's called Free to Play... Sorry but no you can not dump your virtual money on your subscription and have it pay like real money. Sorry not going to happen.

But what you might want to try is a longer term subscription like 6 months instead of paying month to month it is cheaper....

Pretty sure if Bioware employees took your millions of credits and tried to spend them on food and rent, it wouldn't work very well.

Plenty of other MMOs actually do let you do this.

Seeing the state of the GTN today though? One month sub would prolly be 40m+ It would be a GREAT way to get credits out of the game though as everyone who has been hoarding it would prolly buy some months. Which would drag down GTN prices.

Chances of anyone able to constantly pay it though would go down severely. For example, to do the same thing in ArchAge you basically spend 20 days of your month grinding out things to sell just to afford the next month's sub.

I played EVE Online for years this way - 5 accounts.

It'd be a piece of cake as others have said, you just have an item from the cartel market that is good for 30 days of sub time that costs whatever $19.99 worth of CC is and voila. Person wanting in-game creds buys sub item, waits 36 hours, lists on GTN.

My only thought here is that such an item would command a hefty price on the GTN, likely out of whack for whatever $19.99 worth of CC usually goes for.

I played EVE Online for years this way - 5 accounts.

It'd be a piece of cake as others have said, you just have an item from the cartel market that is good for 30 days of sub time that costs whatever $19.99 worth of CC is and voila. Person wanting in-game creds buys sub item, waits 36 hours, lists on GTN.

My only thought here is that such an item would command a hefty price on the GTN, likely out of whack for whatever $19.99 worth of CC usually goes for.

Sorry but those PLEX (Pilot License Extensions) where bought by players with real money and then put in EvE online controlled by CCP, RTM system and exchanged for ISK ( Inter Stellar Kredits) in game currency. They where never bought and paid for with virtual money only a real cash transaction took place. This won't work in SWTOR it would only add even more cash to the economy. Thou it may work prices are not as high in SWTOR as they were in EvE Online.

Edited by denavin

Sorry but those PLEX (Pilot License Extensions) where bought by players with real money and then put in EvE online controlled by CCP, RTM system and exchanged for ISK ( Inter Stellar Kredits) in game currency. They where never bought and paid for with virtual money only a real cash transaction took place. This won't work in SWTOR it would only add even more cash to the economy. Thou it may work prices are not as high in SWTOR as they were in EvE Online.

I'm well aware how PLEX and GTCs work. Again, 4+ years rolling 5 accounts that way.

My point was that it is incredibly easy to implement a system whereby a player can use in-game credits to pay for a sub. Yes, the sub is still being paid for in real money by someone, but it doesn't change the fact that it allows a player to play using only in-game currency.

Frankly, I view this method as win-win for BW. They're still getting money for a 30 day sub. That is ALWAYS true in this method. The player buying the sub time for sale is converting RL cash for in-game money. That's pretty much true now with the cartel market. Buy hypercrate hoping for something hot to sell on GTN. Your RL cash got converted to credits.

All this does is make a new cartel market item that allows people comfortable IRL with disposable income to buy game time and convert it to in-game creds. Allows folks wanting to spend their in-game creds for game time. Again, BW is ALWAYS getting the money for the sub time. In fact, this method garners them more money than someone who buys a multi-month sub at slightly discounted prices. Make the 30 day sub time $19.99. That's more than a regular sub cost and they could say that such game time doesn't give free CC like a regular sub does. More money.

I agree that this method doesn't allow a direct transaction between player X and BW, but that does nothing for BW. The sub item cartel market idea makes sure BW is always getting their money.

I don't see the downside to this - PLEX and GTC make CCP a ton of money.

I am with the OP. (And gratz on the babies & getting married!)

Would work fine in this game. It would just have to be implemented like WoW. There would be a credit limit set on it. No and's, if's or but's!

I don't see a downside, and all those arguing against it don't really have a con side to as it still makes BW money.

The tokens have to be bought with real money via the CM. Then they get sold on the GTN. Same thing as hypercrates! *gasp* :rolleyes:

Win win for a lot of people!

Plenty of other MMOs actually do let you do this.

Seeing the state of the GTN today though? One month sub would prolly be 40m+ It would be a GREAT way to get credits out of the game though as everyone who has been hoarding it would prolly buy some months. Which would drag down GTN prices.

Chances of anyone able to constantly pay it though would go down severely. For example, to do the same thing in ArchAge you basically spend 20 days of your month grinding out things to sell just to afford the next month's sub.

I guess you'd have to buy it while you're subbed too, because F2P and preferreds are limited to like $350 K...so they wouldn't be able to buy the token off the gtn.

I guess you'd have to buy it while you're subbed too, because F2P and preferreds are limited to like $350 K...so they wouldn't be able to buy the token off the gtn.

Hah! That's right. So you'd have to sub at least the first month in that hypothetical. I forgot that point.

They'd need to take a good look at the escrow cap; but other than that, a method to straight-up convert credits to gametime via the GTN would be pretty nice. OTOH, it would probably also mean the end of the subscriber CC grant)

(I've played a few games where this was implemented in one fashion or another.

Well congratulations on getting married and now having a real life like the rest of us...

There really is more to life than SWTOR after all. I know it is hard to believe but its true...

Umm.... NO!

That's called Free to Play... Sorry but no you can not dump your virtual money on your subscription and have it pay like real money. Sorry not going to happen.

But what you might want to try is a longer term subscription like 6 months instead of paying month to month it is cheaper....

maybe iinstead od tokens you could convert items from packs bought from the CM

1. paying for my wedding

2. morgage payments

4. bills in general

"Let me play the game for FREE and without any of those pesky F2P or preferred restrictions."

"I don't need to support this game. I'll let someone else support it for me and I'll just sit here and reap the benefits"?

If they want to grind credits with their time and sell them to me, I think we'd both benefit. This model works in a lot of other games - it's a way for people who are cash-poor and time-rich to trade that with people who are cash-rich and time-poor. Nobody has to participate in that exchange.

Side effect; it'd put a hurting on the RMTs, especially if the "exchange rate" is set low enough.

If they want to grind credits with their time and sell them to me, I think we'd both benefit. This model works in a lot of other games - it's a way for people who are cash-poor and time-rich to trade that with people who are cash-rich and time-poor. Nobody has to participate in that exchange.

Side effect; it'd put a hurting on the RMTs, especially if the "exchange rate" is set low enough.

If Johnny wants to play the game with no restrictions, then Johnny can SUBSCRIBE, not let someone else pay BW so he can just sit back and play for FREE.

BTW< I don;t recall the OP even MENTIONING anything about a "token" system. He just asked BW to let him play for FREE (use credits to subscribe) without any of those pesky F2P or preferred restrictions.

If Johnny wants to play the game with no restrictions, then Johnny can SUBSCRIBE, not let someone else pay BW so he can just sit back and play for FREE.

BTW< I don;t recall the OP even MENTIONING anything about a "token" system. He just asked BW to let him play for FREE (use credits to subscribe) without any of those pesky F2P or preferred restrictions.

He pays me what I want (credits), I pay BW what BW wants (cash). I'm not giving him the token out of the goodness of my heart, it's an exchange of value. He's not asking you to pay for his sub, necessarily, he's asking that someone who is willing be allowed to.

This is not a new or radical concept - WoW's been doing it for a while, and technically the various "passes," which you can buy with CC and turn around and sell on the GTN are a method to do this. This is a little broken because of the changes in the credit economy making the non-sub escrow limit absurdly low, but the option is theoretically there.

Edited by IanArgent

They'd need to take a good look at the escrow cap; but other than that, a method to straight-up convert credits to gametime via the GTN would be pretty nice. OTOH, it would probably also mean the end of the subscriber CC grant)

(I've played a few games where this was implemented in one fashion or another.

Sorry I prefer my monthly sub CC grant, rather then changing the system to benefit yet another group of people that want to play full access to a game for free.

Maybe if they weren't some "time rich" they wouldnt be so "cash poor". Might want to focus on that and earn some money to pay for their hobbies then try to stay under employed, and have so much free time.

I don't see why not. It would be costly and high demand, so it's not like everyone would be getting them easily like candy. And it would give cartel buyers another assured way to make bank off of players who are hoarding credits. Win-win, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't see why not. It would be costly and high demand, so it's not like everyone would be getting them easily like candy. And it would give cartel buyers another assured way to make bank off of players who are hoarding credits. Win-win, as far as I'm concerned.

F2P people, who would be interested in this to continue to not pay a sub, but have full access, do not horde credits lol.