so, that's it, no more?

SirakKordis

If you just took out the Voice as part of the JK ending, you still have:

Ilum (should guide you to the fleet in the mission log)

RIse of the Hutt Cartel (available from terminal in ship)

Oricon (available from terminal in ship)

Shadow of Revan (prelude, Rishi, Yavin IV and Ziost) (available from terminal in ship)

Knights of the Fallen Empire 1-16 (available from terminal in ship)

assuming you meet the level requirements, you should have access to all this content.

I may even be forgetting some.

You got a long way to go young wippersnapper ;)

Er...What? Given that you are posting here you must have a subscription, which comes with the expansions at this point

Maybe he just clicked someone's referral, which goes with temporary sub status (and forum posting authorization), but lacks the expansion, so in theory, he could be stuck at 50 but still post here.

To answer the original question, yes, it looks like you finished your class story, but it is still a long way from the end of an overarching game story.

After you finish Ilum story arc (which you should have in the log after killing the emperor), you will be more or less done with original 1.x story content.

There are currently three expansions, which you permanently unlock if you subscribe, along with a level cap increased to 65. Some of these expansions continue the sith emperor story, as well as containing other story arcs. These are narrated through solo story quests, flashpoints and operations (most of the stuff is accessible solo except some parts of 2.x Dread Masters storyline, which is mostly realized through operations).

Maybe he just clicked someone's referral, which goes with temporary sub status (and forum posting authorization), but lacks the expansion, so in theory, he could be stuck at 50 but still post here.

To answer the original question, yes, it looks like you finished your class story, but it is still a long way from the end of an overarching game story.

After you finish Ilum story arc (which you should have in the log after killing the emperor), you will be more or less done with original 1.x story content.

There are currently three expansions, which you permanently unlock if you subscribe, along with a level cap increased to 65. Some of these expansions continue the sith emperor story, as well as containing other story arcs. These are narrated through solo story quests, flashpoints and operations (most of the stuff is accessible solo except some parts of 2.x Dread Masters storyline, which is mostly realized through operations).

nope, no referral, just a straight up non-recurring sub. could be it expired prior to xp releases. doing a bit of lookseeing around and it SEEMS I have both revan and hutt cartel already purchased, but CAN'T seem to find the d/l button. did find one, but turns out to be the main client. dialog boxed showed an installation of swtor already there so I closed it out

You don't have to download anything, everyone has all the expansions downloaded, but not everyone has the access to them. You should be able to start RotHC from your ship terminal, if I remember correctly.

Shadow of Revan - prelude questgiver is on the fleet, somewhere on the stairs between gtn and supplies section.

nope, no referral, just a straight up non-recurring sub. could be it expired prior to xp releases...

By the way, it couldn't expire before any releases, because you are posting in these forums - only active subscribers or someone clicking the referral and having temporary sub status can post here. And if you are a subscriber now, you do own ALL of the expansions - RotHC, SoR and KotFE.

RotHC was released in 2013. SoR in 2014, KotFE through 2015 and 2016. If you are a new player, which seems to be the case, your subscription certainly didn't run out before these things came out:).

If you go onto your ship, you'll find a mission terminal (not the one in the cockpit that gives you the on rails space missions). This contains the starts for ROTHC, SOR and KOTFE.

iirc, for the Defender (the Jedi Knight's ship) it is in the holoterminal room.

Note, you need to be at least level 47 iirc.

If you aren't there, do some of the planetary mission arcs or heroics. Won't take long.

Edited by MadDutchman

nope, no referral, just a straight up non-recurring sub. could be it expired prior to xp releases. doing a bit of lookseeing around and it SEEMS I have both revan and hutt cartel already purchased, but CAN'T seem to find the d/l button. did find one, but turns out to be the main client. dialog boxed showed an installation of swtor already there so I closed it out

What level is your character? I believe hutt cartel doesn't show up on your ship's mission terminal until level 51. I don't know why they made it 51 rather than 50, but that's what it is.

Shadow of Revan prelude, from what I can find, doesn't show up until level 55 (I haven't watched the exact numbers in-game on that one).

You don't have to download the expansions, they are included in the base client, which everyone from F2P to subscribers have. Subscription status just unlocks access to certain areas and features of the game, but those features are all rolled into he base client.

If you are subscribed right now you have access to Hutt cartel, Revan, and Kotfe.

kk, for all of the above, account started over 2yrs ago, JK made 50 a few nights ago. yeah took a while. just didn't play continuously, hence the sub expiring then re-subbing. started Ilum then went back to main story to finish it up, and played out KotFE, which I found better than the main storyline. thx for input Edited by SirakKordis

Playing KotFe right after class story and Ilum probably isn't the best idea, because you won't be able to do RotHC and SoR afterwards. KotFE takes place after them and once you start it, these storylines count as completed and you can't revisit them (just the associated locations for some sidequests).

played KotFE before finishing main/ilum. hope I havn't frakked THAT up

Yep, if you read the warning that pops up twice, you are locked out of almost all the pre-KOTFE story content, as it essentially "auto-completes" in order for the story to make any sense.

Ilum might still be doable, not sure though.

I'm 90% sure ROTHC is no longer available on that character.

EDIT: It looks like both Ilum and ROTHC are still accessible after starting KOTFE. At least, I still have the missions in my quest log after starting it.

I know for sure that SOR is locked out.

Oricon, heroics, FP etc. are all still available.

So if you want to do those, you'll need to roll another character. Considering there are a lot of good classes out there, this shouldn't be too bad. Try an imperial this time around for something different maybe.

Edited by MadDutchman

Sounds like you're new to swtor, welcome. There are a LOT of things to do if you're new. If you're a veteran then this is all older stuff, but nothing says we can't do this stuff either.

It goes like this:

Prelude until Chapter 3 story of your character (Sith War, Smuggler, etc)

Then you do Ilum (which is found on the Fleet)

Then you would do Black Hole (daily area also found on fleet)

Then you can do Section X, you can just go straight to it now. This is also where you get the mission to obtain HK-51. It's via Belsavis.

Then there is the Makeb story line aka Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion, came out 2.0. You find the quest via the mission terminal on your ship. Do that if you never ever did before. It's interesting twice, once on imp and once on pub, after that makes you wanna shoot yourself.

Then there is the Dread Council mini expansion on Oricon. There's a mission for it on Fleet somewhere to start you off, but damn if I forgot where. You can check Dulfy.net for the where. But this quest chain concludes with the two operations Dread Fortress and Dread Palace, DF is first then DP in the chain.

Then there is Forged Alliances aka Shadow of Revan prequel. You pick this up from a Droid who is stationed right outside the entrance to the elevator. You do this and meet Theron as a pub or Lana as an Imp. This was 2.6 - 2.8. You'll do the flashpoints Korriban, Tython, Manaan and Rakata and can do them solo.

Then you get Shadow of Revan from your mission terminal on your ship. It includes Rishii and Yavin 4. Do these. The two operations aren't mandatory, you can finish this quest chain with a solo 'op' which isn't really an op. Just fight a boss. Also do the mini class specific quest that'll pop up while you're on Rishii, it basically concludes your class chain from chapters 1-3 back in the day for me (been here since 2011).

Then once SoR is finished, you get a mission from your ship terminal to do Ziost. This is a two parter. First you do the quest chain, then it does a WOW phase, and turns into a daily area. Do this as it's a prequel of sorts for KotFE.

Once you've finished Ziost, then you first make sure you did ALL your companion stories (They'll mention you and your legacy if you're finished with them), do SoR (or KotFE doesn't make much sense) and anything you need to do like your class story.

You go to your ship and click on the mission terminal and begin KotFE. If you want to romance Theron or Lana, be sure to begin during Forged Alliances with flirts and in Chapter 9 of KotFE, you may see a flirt dialogue wheel pop up while looking at Theron, but click it anyway and you can choose from three people, don't let you looking at Theron keep you from continuing with Lana or whoever, just pick it.

Note: In KotFE you will lose ALL your original companions. But you can get them back from a Terminal in your room in your alliance after chapter 9, get them as they come back in the story, or do Alliance Alerts.

Then you're done with all the extras until Knights of the Eternal Throne comes out in October-Decemeber.

well, THAT just sux0rz. don't recall seeing any warnings

There are two or even three warnings when you are starting KotFE.

But don't worry, if you stick around, you will level more characters and eventually do all the stories again anyway.

...Then there is the Dread Council mini expansion on Oricon. There's a mission for it on Fleet somewhere to start you off, but damn if I forgot where. You can check Dulfy.net for the where. But this quest chain concludes with the two operations Dread Fortress and Dread Palace, DF is first then DP in the chain...

Just to make this thing a bit more accurate, Oricon is just a conclusion of a long Dread Masters arc, that started around lvl 40 on imperial Belsavis and continued through lvl 50 (formerly) operations Karraga's Palace and Explosive conflict, daily area Section X and lvl 55 operations Terror From Beyond, Scum & Villainy.

Now with all ops scaled to 65 the natural story progression of them is a bit harder to decipher if you are new.

Play another class, after Corellia the story is the same for everyone anyway so you didn't actually miss anything.

I suggest agent (my favorite and unlike the current direction, some of the choices you make in that story actually DO matter...)

Sounds like you're new to swtor, welcome. There are a LOT of things to do if you're new. If you're a veteran then this is all older stuff, but nothing says we can't do this stuff either.

It goes like this:

Prelude until Chapter 3 story of your character (Sith War, Smuggler, etc)

Then you do Ilum (which is found on the Fleet)

Then you would do Black Hole (daily area also found on fleet)

Then you can do Section X, you can just go straight to it now. This is also where you get the mission to obtain HK-51. It's via Belsavis.

Then there is the Makeb story line aka Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion, came out 2.0. You find the quest via the mission terminal on your ship. Do that if you never ever did before. It's interesting twice, once on imp and once on pub, after that makes you wanna shoot yourself.

Then there is the Dread Council mini expansion on Oricon. There's a mission for it on Fleet somewhere to start you off, but damn if I forgot where. You can check Dulfy.net for the where. But this quest chain concludes with the two operations Dread Fortress and Dread Palace, DF is first then DP in the chain.

Then there is Forged Alliances aka Shadow of Revan prequel. You pick this up from a Droid who is stationed right outside the entrance to the elevator. You do this and meet Theron as a pub or Lana as an Imp. This was 2.6 - 2.8. You'll do the flashpoints Korriban, Tython, Manaan and Rakata and can do them solo.

Then you get Shadow of Revan from your mission terminal on your ship. It includes Rishii and Yavin 4. Do these. The two operations aren't mandatory, you can finish this quest chain with a solo 'op' which isn't really an op. Just fight a boss. Also do the mini class specific quest that'll pop up while you're on Rishii, it basically concludes your class chain from chapters 1-3 back in the day for me (been here since 2011).

Then once SoR is finished, you get a mission from your ship terminal to do Ziost. This is a two parter. First you do the quest chain, then it does a WOW phase, and turns into a daily area. Do this as it's a prequel of sorts for KotFE.

Once you've finished Ziost, then you first make sure you did ALL your companion stories (They'll mention you and your legacy if you're finished with them), do SoR (or KotFE doesn't make much sense) and anything you need to do like your class story.

You go to your ship and click on the mission terminal and begin KotFE. If you want to romance Theron or Lana, be sure to begin during Forged Alliances with flirts and in Chapter 9 of KotFE, you may see a flirt dialogue wheel pop up while looking at Theron, but click it anyway and you can choose from three people, don't let you looking at Theron keep you from continuing with Lana or whoever, just pick it.

Note: In KotFE you will lose ALL your original companions. But you can get them back from a Terminal in your room in your alliance after chapter 9, get them as they come back in the story, or do Alliance Alerts.

Then you're done with all the extras until Knights of the Eternal Throne comes out in October-Decemeber.

new, yes and no. yes, in that there's a lot I havn't done yet, due to working nights and leaving 2 nights a week to play, and times I've left it for a bit. doing some Ilum flashpoints atm. already did KotFE, which I found quite good.

so, if Makeb is RotH, guess I didn't miss it, or SoR after all