The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Revan Vs Malgus - Discuss

Zaraos

I've gotta go with Revan on this one.

Malgus always struck me as someone who was smarter than he was strong.

Still very good, don't get me wrong, but not Revan's level.

Simple evidence for this: Malgus is defeated by Satele alone. Satele was only 1 of several very strong force users and others to confront Revan and wear him down enough for his other half to confront him.

I've gotta go with Revan on this one.

Malgus always struck me as someone who was smarter than he was strong.

Still very good, don't get me wrong, but not Revan's level.

Simple evidence for this: Malgus is defeated by Satele alone. Satele was only 1 of several very strong force users and others to confront Revan and wear him down enough for his other half to confront him.

Malgus is defeated by Satele alone? Really you have to see the fight again.

Malgus is defeated by Satele alone? Really you have to see the fight again.

Besides the brief interruption by Jace Malcolm. After which she engages him with the Force (her area of strength) and literally plasters him against a wall. There is also no evidence his help was necessary with the whole lightsaber force barrier thing going on.

Besides the brief interruption by Jace Malcolm. After which she engages him with the Force (her area of strength) and literally plasters him against a wall. There is also no evidence his help was necessary with the whole lightsaber force barrier thing going on.

except the part where she blocks the killing blow with her palm lol, and she def needs help at that point. She was just buying time to try and survive, I definitely root for her though.

Between Revan and Malgus I would put my money on Revan, he is a master of light and dark, a legendary powerful Jedi and Sith. I actually think he would plaster Malgus even harder than Satele did.

Revan took Darth Nyriss' lightning, concentrated it and sent it back at her incinerating her.

He stood up to Vitiate for a few minutes before being overwhelmed by Vitiate's force storm.

Malgus is just a rip off of Darth Malak anyways.

~ Eudoxia

Oooh shots fired! Haha but I agree... I think that was one of my top fav moment from the novels when she gets owned by him.

Revan pretty much no contest. Malgus is strong, but Revan is stronger in the force, smarter, has access to both sides of the force, and is at least as capable in lightsaber combat. Seeing as Revan is basically the posterboy for the old republic as a whole, Bioware basically made him brokenly OP in the lore, achieving levels of power at times reminiscent of the notorious Dragon Ball Z-esque Star Wars EU.

Also consider:

Revan's fight on Yavin 4 has Satele, Marr, Lana, Theron, Jakarro, Shae, and the Hero and still Revan at multiple times overpowers all of them simultaneously requiring the hero to save them, this is him basically split in half, definitely lacking the wisdom to use his power to it's fullest). Marr or Satele on their own could easily be argued to at the very LEAST be comparable to Malgus

I think in the old Republic's lore setting, excepting characters perhaps like Tulak Horde, Marka Ragnos, Exar Kunn, Revan is quite clearly the second strongest character full stop. Revan has both massive accomplishments AND direct statements of his power to back up what we know of his strength, whereas comparably Darth Malgus is not as "hyped" in the lore.

Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorion is still more powerful than Revan, though.

Revan has both massive accomplishments

However Revan has only two real accomplishments: winning the Mandalorian Wars and killing Malak and destroying the Star Forge. He failed to kill Vitiate three times, and failed to destroy the Sith Empire at the Foundry. He failed as a Sith Lord, nearly being killed by Malak during his process of taking down the Republic, and failed to teach his philosophy as a Jedi Master.

All in all that's a lot of what ruined his character. Revan is an overpowered failure.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorion is still more powerful than Revan, though.

However Revan has only two real accomplishments: winning the Mandalorian Wars and killing Malak and destroying the Star Forge. He failed to kill Vitiate three times, and failed to destroy the Sith Empire at the Foundry. He failed as a Sith Lord, nearly being killed by Malak during his process of taking down the Republic, and failed to teach his philosophy as a Jedi Master.

All in all that's a lot of what ruined his character. Revan is an overpowered failure.

~ Eudoxia

In my opinion, you're completely wrong on all accounts except that he's weaker than Vitiate.

Firstly, you say he only has two real accomplishments. The accomplishments you list, however, are bundles of amazing accomplishments simplified and shortened into a single statement that does disservice to what they were.

Sure, Revan won the Mandalorian war, but how he won it and the things that he did in it are more impressive than simply winning a war. Beating the ultimate Mandalorian in single combat is exceedingly impressive (as you know, Mandalorians are known to be capable of defeating Jedi in single combat, and the Mandalorians consider Revan the "greatest warrior in the galaxy").

The second one, however, is the far more grave simplification of Revan's accomplishments. Sure, he did do as you say, but he didn't ONLY do as you say. Killing one of the galaxy's foremost bounty hunters, utterly destroying Korriban's Sith population, re-mastering his force-related abilities in such a short time span and so on and so forth.... He accomplished *many* very notable things during just Kotor 1's time-span.

Thirdly, the reason why he lost on the Foundry, for example, is because of his highly weakened and "rusty" (for lack of a better term) state. A full power Revan, as proven demonstrably on Yavin 4 (which is still easily argued to not be Revan's full power) would have defeated the strike team in the foundry.

Fourthly, he didn't "fail" as a Sith Lord, any more than every other Sith Lord in the history of Sith rule of 2 has. They very often die at the hands of their apprentices. That's normal lol.

Fourthly, he didn't "fail" as a Sith Lord, any more than every other Sith Lord in the history of Sith rule of 2 has. They very often die at the hands of their apprentices. That's normal lol.

I'd say Malak failed there as sith lord, cause even though it was great chance for him to kill his master - he wasn't really ready to be on his own. He could learn so much more from Revan at this point, instead he chose to kill him in the way that wasn't even test of his strength at this point lol

While Revan is gonna win because of his way stronger force powers I think Darth Malgus is a superior duelist.

By the way while both of them lost to a strike team that consists of the 4 most strongest heroes of the Empire and Malgus was defeated by the same heroes that where even stronger then when they fought Revan you must understand with teamwork you can multiply your strength by quite a lot not by 4 because there 4 but by 10 if not more.

The strike team just covers their weaknesses making them the perfect warrior and how do you defeat someone with no weakness well you do not.

Think like this the SW is dueling Revan keeping up with his lightsaber skills, SI block Revan's force powers or counters them with healing, BH trows a greande when Revan in the foot when he tries to use his full power distracting him and the IA shoots him in the heart. How do you defeat such a team when they can counter everything you have but you can not counter everything they have?

The same with Malgus is just unfair so yeah they can not be compared if taken by their showings against the strike team.

But Revan had better showings then Malgus so I give the win to Revan.

Also consider:

Revan's fight on Yavin 4 has Satele, Marr, Lana, Theron, Jakarro, Shae, and the Hero and still Revan at multiple times overpowers all of them simultaneously requiring the hero to save them, this is him basically split in half, definitely lacking the wisdom to use his power to it's fullest). Marr or Satele on their own could easily be argued to at the very LEAST be comparable to Malgus

While I do agree Revan would beat Malgus, to be fair, what you listed above, is a GAMEPLAY mechanic. It's like surviving several light saber strikes in the game, it's not because of inhumane (even in star wars standard) endurance, but merely because the gameplay would be boring without it. Given, it was one of the worst game mechanics I have EVER seen in a video game, worse than backtracking, and was only made to pad time spent, but im sure in reality revan wouldn't be able to do that to everyone, or given, if he could, he would of done the same to our character.

She only got that Force energy thanks to tutaminis.