Eudoxia's Birthday Bash

FlavivsAetivs

Eudoxia's Birthday Bash

Definitely not ripped off of Drako's Birthday Bash.

So everyone loves a good event night, but unlike Drako's night which was a meta night, this will be a Strike night.

RULES: Fly Strikes.

WHERE: Jedi Covenant, Monday, October 24th, 8 PM-11 PM EST (12 AM-3 AM GMT). I'm afraid I can't hold a European-friendly session that day, I'm sorry.

FACTION: Pub and Imp sides.

VOICE CHAT: I currently plan to have TS available, possibly the SRW TS if they will allow me. We can use Maulkat's mumble too if she'll let me.

GRAND PRIZE RULES: Here's how it will work: you have three hours to kill me 21 times.

The Grand Prize will be given to the person who gets the most kills of these 21. If I am not killed 21 times in 3 hours, then it will be divided up into smaller amounts and given away to the people who got a kill against me.

Considering the low DPS of the Strikes, it should be a challenge. Vote with your protorps! :D

GRAND PRIZE FOR WRECKING MY FACE:

- 10 mil

- Pick of: [satele Shan's Dualsaber], [Eliminator's Dual Edged Vibrosword], [RH-35 Starforged Assault Cannon] (Each between ~1.5 and 3 Mil). Other two will be raffled out.

- [Advanced Hot Orange Eviscerating Crystal] (~5 mil)

SMALLER RAFFLE PRIZES:

- Tons. I mean ****loads. There will be cash, color crystals, dyes, pets, mounts, armor sets, etc.

** Note: Considering the number of objects I smack into, I automatically disqualify myself, lest I win the prize.**

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Yes, the mumble is always up as an option.

I may actually be able to make this event, though I don't have a strike on either side that's any good. I would also just fly for the fun of it and wouldn't want to be entered into the contest.

Edited by Maulkat
Forgot to include stuff

I'll be there (at least from 9pm-ish until the end), but just to be clear: the "winner" needs to kill you him/herself 21 times? Drak's birthday thing, iirc, was different: he challenged the entire community to kill him 30 times in 3 hours. There was no way one individual was going to kill him that many times. Similarly, with the entire opposition gunning for you, it seems highly unlikely that one pilot will get you 21 times. Not impossible, I guess. Maybe with some cooperation on the part of the imps...

Hold that thought, I have a plan. Early happy birthday to you :rak_03:

Lol. I don't know. I'm not nearly as good as Drako and will be in a Clarion (like always). It's a generic strike night so eating my shields away with ions and then HLC'ing me would probably be the most effective method.

It's gotta be a high enough number that not everyone can achieve (like 11 times, for random example and not because 11 just happens to be my favorite number) but not an impossibly high number either (like 42 times).

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

This also means you need to keep track of your kills, which can be done with videos or screenshots. If combat logs record who you killed (I do not know), I will also count those.

I won't be able to attend, but I'd still like to answer this ;) . This simple answer is: No, CombatLogs do not store either deaths or kills...

... explicitly. What they do store, however, are player ID numbers. Every player gets a new ID number when he respawns, so it would be possible to trace this, go back in the CombatLog to see where the "old" ID number last appeared and note the source of the damage done. If you would have all CombatLogs of all players involved, it would be possible to link this player ID to a name again, but this would be very privacy invading, very hard because everyone needs to cooperate and a lot of programming work. For now, I'd stick with the screenshot-method :)

I have news about prizes guys:

Thanks to an anonymous donor, I have tons of stuff to give away for prizes for this event. They range from model GSF ships (e.g. Model Quell, Rampart, etc) and Engine Reactants to things like Satele Shan's Dualsaber (roughly 2 mil value) and others!

I will assemble a grand prize and several secondary raffle prizes. I will note the values of some of these items may change with time. As such I will do my best to keep track of them and update the grand prize accordingly. High value items will be raffled as minor prizes, the lower value items will be listed for participants to pick from.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

• 4 weeks later...

So I've updated the rules. I decided one person killing me 21 times will be way too hard, so I decided that you simply have to kill me 21 times, total, by everyone flying a strike.

The person who kills me the most of those 21 times will win the grand prize. It's as simple as that. I will do my best to keep track, but if anyone else wants to pitch in and confirm the kill counts that would be great.

~ Eudoxia

I've been meaning to post to this thread since I first read it weeks ago and somehow here it is the night before and I'm just getting around to it.

Anyway, I am definitely planning to attend. Sounds like it should be an interesting and fun night. I'll be on Skye'Charrin (or, if I decide to level some near-stock toons, I may switch to Krodger-Fankelj imp side, or Cajoba'Varn pub side at some point).

I'll see you all in the skies tomorrow! :hope_01:

The tally for 21 Kills:

Ainyantz -4 (Winner)

Xcal - 1

Einhander - 1

Choque - 3 (Runner-Up)

Michiman - 2

Temota - 1

Pseudovector - 1

Skye'Charrin - 2

Defenseturret (Rose) - 1

Taiyama - 1

Oscarette - 1

Chryss - 1

A'sokaa - 2

Asteroid - 14 (LOL yes I kept count :p)

So the Grand Prize goes to Ainyantz, congrats! Runner up prizes will be given out. Everything that was not given away will be raffled at random. Most everyone should win something!

I was able to acquire a K-52 Demolisher the day of the event, which will be the runner-up prize.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Unfortunately I was too busy managing the event to remember to take screenshots, so if anyone has any screenshots or videos of the event, please post them here!

Especially that one match where I self destructed like 10 times. Lol. Asteroids + Framerate kept stealing kills from Choque. :p

He got his revenge though... :D

~ Eudoxia

It was a fun event Eudoxia. I do wish I'd gotten to face you more than 3 matches (for that matter it would have been fun to have been on your team trying to peel for you for more than the 1 match I was haha) but nothing that could be done about that of course, it's just the luck of the draw.

Saw some pretty awesome peels during the event too (for my part, I'd like to give a shout out in particular to some great flying by Tr'ench and Zuckerkorn in the matches I was in against them for their extremely zealous peels to keep Eudoxia alive longer. -It was a pleasure to get my teeth kicked in by you guys :D ).

It was great to fly with (and against) all the pilots that came out.

Thanks again for putting the event on Eudoxia, and I do hope you had a great birthday!

It was a fun event Eudoxia. I do wish I'd gotten to face you more than 3 matches (for that matter it would have been fun to have been on your team trying to peel for you for more than the 1 match I was haha) but nothing that could be done about that of course, it's just the luck of the draw.

Saw some pretty awesome peels during the event too (for my part, I'd like to give a shout out in particular to some great flying by Tr'ench and Zuckerkorn in the matches I was in against them for their extremely zealous peels to keep Eudoxia alive longer. -It was a pleasure to get my teeth kicked in by you guys :D ).

It was great to fly with (and against) all the pilots that came out.

Thanks again for putting the event on Eudoxia, and I do hope you had a great birthday!

Thanks Skye! Check your mail, you and Michi tied for 3rd place. ;)

There were a ton of great performances put on, Tenebrious and Choque really hammered into me on the match after the 21st kill. I think Choque was pissed at those asteroids stealing his kills, lol.

And yeah, there were a couple matches where I really noticed some pretty good defensive work covering for me. Unfortunately I also noticed a couple where they went for me and as a result lost the match as a whole (mainly two Domination matches). Then again, a 10 mil prize might be a bit more lucrative than winning a Dom match...

I plan on holding another Rocket Pods night some time in November or December. That was really popular and a lot of people had fun. I'll try and think of new challenges too. Maybe a non-meta only night (Strikes, T3 Scout/Bomber, Condor)? Don't know. I think I'll try and think up some challenges that we can do within an event as well (like killing me 21 times was).

~ Eudoxia

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Skye! Check your mail, you and Michi tied for 3rd place. ;)

There were a ton of great performances put on, Tenebrious and Choque really hammered into me on the match after the 21st kill. I think Choque was pissed at those asteroids stealing his kills, lol.

And yeah, there were a couple matches where I really noticed some pretty good defensive work covering for me. Unfortunately I also noticed a couple where they went for me and as a result lost the match as a whole (mainly two Domination matches). Then again, a 10 mil prize might be a bit more lucrative than winning a Dom match...

I plan on holding another Rocket Pods night some time in November or December. That was really popular and a lot of people had fun. I'll try and think of new challenges too. Maybe a non-meta only night (Strikes, T3 Scout/Bomber, Condor)? Don't know. I think I'll try and think up some challenges that we can do within an event as well (like killing me 21 times was).

~ Eudoxia

Killing you 21 times is almost as easy as killing Drakolick except you have a ****** Clarion so i don't need to aim as well.