The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech Med range or melee class question.

wmtyrance

I haven't played in awhile so please bare with me. I'M confused about the Powertech class now. I thought it was a med range class but it doesn't seem my skills are med range more like up close which if i had melee skills i could understand. Why did they change it to more of a melee class? It seems silly with the abilities i have. I just came back to the game last week. Launching exploding missiles or darts while a mobs in my face and not at range looks really silly. Its amazing i don't take damage.

I haven't played in awhile so please bare with me. I'M confused about the Powertech class now. I thought it was a med range class but it doesn't seem my skills are med range more like up close which if i had melee skills i could understand. Why did they change it to more of a melee class? It seems silly with the abilities i have. I just came back to the game last week. Launching exploding missiles or darts while a mobs in my face and not at range looks really silly. Its amazing i don't take damage.

Most of the skills have range of 10+m. The only 4m are rocket pucnh and retractable blade and retractable blade is used once in a fight.

You can do 10m if you cut out ROCKET PUNCH / FLAMING FIST (shockstriks/stockstrike). For AP/ Tactics, you'll need to use Retractable Blade/ Gut (4m) at the start tho.

You can even do several 12m attacks with the right utilit8ies.

Thank you so much will look into this.

Ok thank you for the reply. For some reason i thought the range was more than 10 meters before.

Yes, rail shot and missile blast were recently nerfed from 30 to 10m but that's still mid range.Explosive dart and rapid shots are still 30m and you can pick up a masterful utility to increase shoulder cannon and grapple to 20m.

Yes, rail shot and missile blast were recently nerfed from 30 to 10m but that's still mid range.Explosive dart and rapid shots are still 30m and you can pick up a masterful utility to increase shoulder cannon and grapple to 20m.

Grapple is actually default 30m range, 40m range with the utility. But yeh, shoulder cannon does get increased to 20m. (it's a heroic utility btw)

• 1 month later...