Graphics issues with nVidia Drivers v372.54

Calindorz

Hello all,

More a public service announcement. I had an issue with the newest nVidia graphics drivers - v372.54, released August 15, 2016.

https://i.imgur.com/ebPw5z9.jpg

In any cutscenes, or in the character select screen, there were little black artifacts flying around all the characters - both PC and NPC in in-game cutscenes. You can see some of them in the linked screenshot, around the face of my character.

My system is:

CPU: i7-2600K

GPU: GeForce GTX 660

Memory: 8.00GB

I could get rid of it by setting the Shader Complexity setting in Preferences --> Graphics to "Very Low". No other setting change would remove the black artifacts.

I rolled back to a previous version of the drivers - to v368.81, released July 14, 2016. This set of drivers seems ok so far, no artifacts around in the character select screen. Playing now, will edit once I hit an in-game cut-scene.

Edit: In-game cut-scenes not showing any issues. Looks like I'll be sticking with these drivers for a while.

Edited by Calindorz
update

Same here

To fix you can go into your device manager and look under display adapters. Double click your graphics card and in the drivers tab there is a rollback drivers option. I was able to rollback to my last driver version and it is working fine.

Edited by dirtyv

Have the exact same issue unless characters are in some form of shadow. Happens in game, cut-scenes, character select. Annoying because when I roll back drivers it glitches out a bunch of my other games and can't play them.

Have the exact same issue unless characters are in some form of shadow. Happens in game, cut-scenes, character select. Annoying because when I roll back drivers it glitches out a bunch of my other games and can't play them.

Yes but this should be on Nvidia's forum as they are the company that broke the driver (again)

Same problem on Intel 4600 graphics

No you do not have the same issue, just a similar one, as there is no way you are running the lastest Nvidia driver ;)

If you have a flickering issue, try setting "Shader Complexity" to very low, and see if that helps

Edited by GythralSWTOR

Same updated to play the Battlefield 1 beta and now My beloved Star Wars looks like Garbage on my EVGA 760SC 4G card. Nice My screen looks like I'm in a fly infested world the 370.70 Nvidia Driver is Trash or Bio-Ware / sold out to EA needs to update their game to work proper. Edited by Jermo

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping again to inform that apparently the 372.90 version finally fixes the issues. Installed here and haven't noticed any problems so far (GTX 750 Ti / Win 7 x64).

I don't know if it's relevant, but on this discussion thread, we can read the following:

Fixes:

Windows 10 Fixes

[star Wars the Old Republic] There is flickering in the game. [1802553]

• 2 weeks later...

One of the reasons why having 20 threads on the same topic is a bad idea.

I've just installed v372.90 and there are no artifacts.

I'm assuming this is a manual upgrade? I ask because I just ran update on my 940M and it's telling me the latest is 369.09 dated 8/1.