Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Weapon Tuning: effects that cover the whole blade and better seen, not just the base

I'm dying to see weapon tuning effects that actually span across the whole blade. Effects that are clearly more visible.

Possibilities I'd like to see are a mist like effect coming from the blade, like steaming from it; also, a firefly effect, like sparks from fire, from the blade; especially the Kylo Ren unstable flamberge like blade effect - to name a few possibilities

Edited by Willjb

I agree, the only weapon effects that have been worthwhile are the damaged effect. I can't even detect my lightning tuning, and the others that have been released are pretty lack-luster. Making some changes to enhance visibility or extending effects would be great.

The rifles and blasters could use some of the effects on the bolts in my opinion.

Edited by Moocuddles
also

I agree, the only weapon effects that have been worthwhile are the damaged effect. I can't even detect my lightning tuning, and the others that have been released are pretty lack-luster. Making some changes to enhance visibility or extending effects would be great.

The rifles and blasters could use some of the effects on the bolts in my opinion.

^^ This unfortunately :(

Love the idea and the option for the tuning, but nothing has screamed "this is worth 8 million credits!!!" to me yet. Or perhaps just make the tuning much more common (or have common versions available) to lower the price some.

40/50k for an effect? Sure why not? - 8 million+ ? Noty

^^ This unfortunately :(

Love the idea and the option for the tuning, but nothing has screamed "this is worth 8 million credits!!!" to me yet. Or perhaps just make the tuning much more common (or have common versions available) to lower the price some.

40/50k for an effect? Sure why not? - 8 million+ ? Noty

Pretty much what you have said sums it up perfectly.

I don't care how rare they are or how cool anyone thinks they are, they are only worth 50k or so at most as they really are not visible on anything other than rifles.

I got a dark side tuning in one of my DvL event boxes and I really wasn't impressed at all by it. When I clicked to preview it, I first thought the preview was glitching on me again until I zoomed in and pretty much thought 'that's it?'. I would've sold it on the spot if it wasn't bound.

I was lucky (or unlucky) enough to get the light and dark weapon tunings thanks to the DvL event. I don't particularly like either one. But, I thought I may as well use one since it would just collect dust otherwise. It's pretty underwhelming. The effect really should cover the entire blade. Just being at the base is pretty pointless.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.