HK-55 for non subscribers

moonhunterdeath

As someone who does NOT qualify for the bonus chapter I agree with everything you and Nothing_Shines stated. I understand completely your position and I have no argument or counter to it whatsoever. That said, hypothetically speaking if Bioware were to offer people in my position the option for us to purchase the bonus chapter for $120 ($15 x 8 months, full price, no discount), would you be opposed to that? I'm honestly curious what the reaction would be from those who already qualify for the bonus.

Not immediately, no. Maybe if they made it available at the conclusion of KotET. And it is not a money thing. I wouldn't even charge for it at that point.

Edited by AlienEyeTX

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to read 26 pages of back and forth crap.

However this is what I'll say, as someone who's been in Beta, who got the collectors edition when it came out, and have subbed for a fair amount of time (not all of it mind you, I have taken a break before) I could care less if subscriber rewards found their way into the cartel market or not.

It has 0 effect on me, and should have 0 effect on you. I mean when you get right down to it, if you like the game, what do you have against Bioware using those items to make money off people to further the game. You should know by now, the Cartel Market is what's keeping the game afloat. More money for the game is only better for all of us. I mean are you so prideful that you need to feel like a special little snow flake to have some virtual reality trinket that someone else doesn't? If so that's a pretty sad life you lead there, I'm sorry for you.

Personally I'd love to see them put in limited time items for absence amounts of cartel coins. For instance a party Jawa that I have, 2500 cc. You know people will pay it. Nico, / HK stuff etc, throw it up there too, put a ridiculous price tag on them but make them available. I mean let's be honest, most of us who sub, aren't doing it specifically for rewards. I'm sure there are a few sure, but really we're mostly doing it to enjoy the game in it's full capacity with out restrictions. I know I don't want to buy GSF passes, or Ops passes, or FP passes, or PvP passes. Screw that crap. I know I don't want money restrictions, or character number restrictions or other stuff. I want to enjoy the game, and 15 bucks a month is a small fee for it. Most people I talk too who sub feel the same way. The rewards are a freebie, the cheery on top so to say.

So let the other none subs make up for it, but spending tons of CC on items we already have, it doesn't actually effect us in any way shape or form. They'll be happy the devs will be happy, and maybe that money will be used to give us more content, so we the subs can be happy.

Edited by Setta

If Bioware were to release all the perks or rewards for being a subscriber in the cartel market, they will actually LOSE money and faithful subscribers than they would making money or having anyone to play the game. It might not make a big deal to some on the forums or even in the game who don't come to the forums, but I like having my sub perks/rewards gated.

Been saying that from the start, the moment they give out subscriber exclusive rewards is the day SWTOR dies because majority of their long term subs will unsubscribe like a few other MMO's did resulting in their death. So if you want to kill the game for your HK-55 unit which you should have subscribed for like the Nico events if you were playing the game at the time, you shoulda. It doesn't make us entitlists, the rewards were meant to be exclusive for those who qualified for them and only them.

Been saying that from the start, the moment they give out subscriber exclusive rewards is the day SWTOR dies because majority of their long term subs will unsubscribe like a few other MMO's did resulting in their death. So if you want to kill the game for your HK-55 unit which you should have subscribed for like the Nico events if you were playing the game at the time, you shoulda. It doesn't make us entitlists, the rewards were meant to be exclusive for those who qualified for them and only them.

Ok, so, I completely get the argument that putting subscriber rewards in the CM damages their value. But saying that doing so would kill the game is just hyperbole.

The main issue with doing it is that it would hurt the perceived value of future subscriber rewards. I don't think most would rage unsubscribe because somebody can pay a stupid amount of CC to buy a subscriber reward. They'd just be far less likely to subscribe in the future, for subscriber rewards.

However, some I imagine, would reason something like this: I was going to be subscribed anyway. I essentially got the reward for free, this other guy has to pay out the ***.

So it's not all black and white.

BTW, concerning the "should haves," I would just like to point out that not everybody who is playing the game right now was playing at the time of these rewards, or had any idea of their existence. So it wasn't, in every case, a conscious choice to not be subscribed for the rewards.

Again though, I completely get the argument against this. I just think there's a lot more to it than you're making it sound.

The main issue with doing it is that it would hurt the perceived value of future subscriber rewards.

That's the whole issue. People should not subscribe because they'll get a shiny. Subscription should have value for the content it gives access to. And lately sadly that's not the case.

I would say this is complete b.s with how many times people have claimed x or y move is going to be the end of the game, and the reality is most people suck it up and go on with their lives, only quitting when bored, but Rolodome basically put you in your place.

Ok, so, I completely get the argument that putting subscriber rewards in the CM damages their value. But saying that doing so would kill the game is just hyperbole.

No it has killed MMO's before because over 60% of their long term subs left for that reason and the game became unprofitable closing its doors. Now many of them are just dead and trying to be 3rd party rebooted.

No it has killed MMO's before because over 60% of their long term subs left for that reason and the game became unprofitable closing its doors. Now many of them are just dead and trying to be 3rd party rebooted.

No, sorry but that's not the case. The reason people leave the game is because they don't have anything to do in it. Subscriber rewards may sweeten the deal but cannot be a sole reason for people to subscribe

No, sorry but that's not the case. The reason people leave the game is because they don't have anything to do in it. Subscriber rewards may sweeten the deal but cannot be a sole reason for people to subscribe

No i am saying it has happened before with a few MMO's, and if you piss off your long term subs enough they leave, their "Exclusive" and "Unique" rewards, which are used in the subscriber rewards, are often the cause of the last straw making many long term subs leave the MMO in the case of some MMO's which have died because subscriber rewards were released back.

What people need to understand here is that this isn't about whether certain people should or should not have access to this companion or to the bonus chapter. That is, in reality, completely irrelevant.

The issue is whether BW should remain faithful to the agreement they made with their players. This has been stated before, but it bears repeating: The amount of damage it would do to their reputation (making these available to all), is far worse than any "good will" it could possibly build with the community.

If I buy a collectible coin that is stated to have a run of 100 units (and is advertised as such), I purchasing not only a shiny coin, but the rarity that goes along with it. If the mint then says, "Well, some people did not know about the coin, so we're going to run another 5,000 units to meet demand," that hurts my investment and devalues the product that I purchased.

So, some will say that is not apples-to-apples comparison. Ok, so, if I go to a baseball game and find out that there was a special give-away of a baseball bat to everyone who enters the stadium before 5:00pm and I bring my family in at 6:00pm, should the team or the stadium be obligated to give me a bat? What if I tell them, very nicely, that I didn't even know this team existed until 15 minutes ago? We saw the stadium and stopped for the game on an impulse. Should they give us a bat? Or should I think, "Hey, these dudes do some crazy good stuff for their fans. Maybe I should attend more games."?

In the above scenario, what if Billy-Bob (who just entered the stadium) overheard our exchange and saw the team give me a bat? Are they obligated to give him one too? What about the family behind me? Little Timmy is a huge fan of their best player... but his mom had to work late, so they missed out on getting the bat. Should they get one, too? What about the hobo on the corner who loves the team, but can't afford a ticket? Should they give him a bat, too?

Do you see where all of this goes? It's just no good. Companies make policies and decisions and rules and regulations and whatnot, soforth, andthelike. Do you think EA legal would approve the move?

smh

No i am saying it has happened before with a few MMO's, and if you piss off your long term subs enough they leave, their "Exclusive" and "Unique" rewards, which are used in the subscriber rewards, are often the cause of the last straw making many long term subs leave the MMO in the case of some MMO's which have died because subscriber rewards were released back.

Most other MMOs I've played don't even have exclusive subscriber rewards. They have veteran rewards based on the time being subscribed

The rewards have nothing to do with why I am leaving and I have been here since June 9, 2009 way before the game launch. I frankly could care less about the rewards and not even the event (stuff I have already done a million times over) can get me to do it even for the companion. I know more like me that have already left even before the expansion finished that could have stayed for HK but they said no reward is worth playing a game that gives you nothing to do except solo stuff.

So no rewards are actually useless to keep some people here.

And I have reported you, stop stalking me and stop harrassing me and just for an FYI I did leave the game cause of people like you, I cancelled my sub a couple of months ago and came back cause I was interested in the Dark Vs. Light Event not to be bullied by people like you. Stop harassing me dude! Here is the definition:

: to annoy or bother (someone) in a constant or repeated way

: to make repeated attacks against (an enemy)

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/harass

You stalk me to again defintion:

: to follow, watch, and bother (someone) constantly in a way that is frightening, dangerous, etc.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stalk

And that's exactly what you are doing now leave me alone! God, what part of that do you not get?!

LOL this has gone full tumblr, never go full tumblr.

What MMOs? If you can cite them and show evidence that the majority of their subs left for this issue specifically, I'll be happy to believe you. I'm skeptical though because I know how varied people can be in their reasons for leaving a game. Even when they agree with each other, they are often voicing a lot of varying concerns. I see it all the time on game forums. A bunch of people get together in head-nodding about the same general issue, but each of them kinda sneaks in their own angle on it that's really the core of what's bothering them.

There were 2 i played a long time ago, one was Eldevin i belive, and another, it was about a subscriber/vetran reward being sold for cash by the creators and people went up and arms and left from the other drama as well, all vets leave games dead gg.

Oh, well then, I stand corrected. Your personal experiences from a total of two whole games is clearly all the statistical evidence needed here. :cool:

What people need to understand here is that this isn't about whether certain people should or should not have access to this companion or to the bonus chapter. That is, in reality, completely irrelevant.

The issue is whether BW should remain faithful to the agreement they made with their players. This has been stated before, but it bears repeating: The amount of damage it would do to their reputation (making these available to all), is far worse than any "good will" it could possibly build with the community.

If I buy a collectible coin that is stated to have a run of 100 units (and is advertised as such), I purchasing not only a shiny coin, but the rarity that goes along with it. If the mint then says, "Well, some people did not know about the coin, so we're going to run another 5,000 units to meet demand," that hurts my investment and devalues the product that I purchased.

So, some will say that is not apples-to-apples comparison. Ok, so, if I go to a baseball game and find out that there was a special give-away of a baseball bat to everyone who enters the stadium before 5:00pm and I bring my family in at 6:00pm, should the team or the stadium be obligated to give me a bat? What if I tell them, very nicely, that I didn't even know this team existed until 15 minutes ago? We saw the stadium and stopped for the game on an impulse. Should they give us a bat? Or should I think, "Hey, these dudes do some crazy good stuff for their fans. Maybe I should attend more games."?

In the above scenario, what if Billy-Bob (who just entered the stadium) overheard our exchange and saw the team give me a bat? Are they obligated to give him one too? What about the family behind me? Little Timmy is a huge fan of their best player... but his mom had to work late, so they missed out on getting the bat. Should they get one, too? What about the hobo on the corner who loves the team, but can't afford a ticket? Should they give him a bat, too?

Do you see where all of this goes? It's just no good. Companies make policies and decisions and rules and regulations and whatnot, soforth, andthelike. Do you think EA legal would approve the move?

smh

What if they put the bat for sale in the gift shop so anyone could buy one?

Oh, well then, I stand corrected. Your personal experiences from a total of two whole games is clearly all the statistical evidence needed here. :cool:

Two whole games? He didn't even seem that sure about the first one, and the 2nd one wasn't listed. Anyways continue the sarcasm.

Two whole games? He didn't even seem that sure about the first one, and the 2nd one wasn't listed. Anyways continue the sarcasm.

I haven't played them i a long time, the most recent MMO's that i have played are SWTOR (of course), WoW, Age of Conan, and Toontown also a long time ago. Some games just fade away in the memory, especially where ive played through many titles, in many series, and clock over 2000 hours on other games alone (ya that 999 and 99 mins on pokemon games classic).

A couple of months down the road after the exclusivity has dropped then put it put it out for purchase for a couple of thousand cartel coins (about the price of a months subscription).

If people are too cheap to pay a sub, then they're probably too cheap spend $15 for a companion?

Oh so you're saying when someone tells you to leave them alone and you don't it's not harassment? Lol! Wow! My family's getting a kick out of this cause of how it doesn't matter if you disagree with someone or not when someone tells you to leave the, alone and you don't it's harassment. That is violating the terms of service in fact:

I have asked you several times to leave me alone and politely too. Now I am going to ask you one last time to please leave my name out of your post, stop posting about me using other post to harass, embarrass or distress me and to just pretty much avoid me. Thank you.

Before you can report someone for harassment, you must try first try to separate yourself from the situation. You obviously failed on that point. You can't expect to stand in an ant bed and not get stung. :rolleyes:

Dude, this guy stalks me all over the forum and I've asked him to stop several times he has made post to directed at me to embarrass and distress me,

Let's look at the terms of service stuff again:

1. Harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything to another player that is unwanted.
    You are guilty of this as well. You annoy the hell out of me and others. That is unwanted.
  2. Harassment consists of misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics and verbal harassment with the intention of distressing and offending other players.
    You have made derrogatory statements to many people because they don't see the world through your eyes.
  3. Harassment is also any behavior that is incessant, inescapable, derogatory and directed specifically at you
    See above. You are guilty on all counts of the same thing you're accusing others of.

He has done this on several occasions, not once, not twice but several.

I have followed the rules of conduct and have asked him several times, not once, not twice, but several times to leave me alone and politely too:

Now that is in the terms of service so yes he is harassing me.

Practice what you preach. And go ahead and report me again for hurting your feelings. It's been a while since I got any warnings.

We're not supposed to discuss moderation actions, but I feel ya. Been there with him before. You can't reason with the guy. Guess he needs to step up his meds or something.

Anyway, back on topic:

OP: No. You missed out on the promo. You don't get HK-55. Even if you subscribed now, you wouldn't qualify for it.

I guess when all the "give me the Party Jawa", "give me Nico", "give me HK-55" posts finally run their course, people will start asking to be to get the Infernal and Unyielding titles reinstated. :rolleyes:

Well on that note rephase post :p

Ya, its an argument like ya i wasn't playing during the time the founder title was given out can you make it available to everyone?

Heck no, same applies to HK-55

As for those older NIM content titles, i feel they should reinstate their NIM modes because that way never a subscriber thing, anyone could have done it until they took the NIM content from them out which they shouldn't have

Edited by josephxp

I haven't played them i a long time, the most recent MMO's that i have played are SWTOR (of course), WoW, Age of Conan, and Toontown also a long time ago. Some games just fade away in the memory, especially where ive played through many titles, in many series, and clock over 2000 hours on other games alone (ya that 999 and 99 mins on pokemon games classic).

Right...

1) Who cares about Pokemon? Do you seriously want me to start listing off played hours on Duck Hunt Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy titles, and the hundreds upon hundreds of other games I've been playing since the early 90s? Are you for real?

2) I looked into at least the 1 game name you provided. Eldavin. That's a browser game, and was released in November of 2013. That's not that long ago, (Hell this game came out 2 years prior to that) and being a browser game I assume it failed for a variety of other reasons. Most likely not one of which was subscriber rewards given to none subs for money. In fact I can't even find anything about subscriber rewards, that go above and beyond what you'd normally get for subbing. (Not saying it definitely didn't happen, I just did a quick search) but I just don't see anything about it anywhere. So talking about a game, that's barely 3 years old, that's on patch 1.43 as of right now, as if it was a long, long time ago, and not listing off another game, saying oh I don't remember just seems bogus to me, on so many, many levels.

Edited by Setta

/notsigned™

It's not a punishment at all. If you want to throw that term around then it *is* punishment for those that *did* subscribe during the promotional period... or else why even have this kind of promotion if it doesn't matter?

It's totally *not* fair for people that didn't qualify for a promotion to get it. Do you want a Founder title also?

Next you'll be saying "but I have a life and commitments and blah blah blah" as if others don't have any of that. We all have lives and other commitments and that's not any kind of reason or excuse to get something you didn't qualify for.

People need to stop feeling entitled to everything in the world.

What benefits from "FOUNDER" Title ?

For OP, just waiting Re-skin version from HK Droid in the future.. maybe HK-75, HK-85, Etc..

Edited by Yunaselly