(issue) - elder Cartel Packs drop obsolete materials

Noicha

I bought some of the elder pack currently on sale (crime lord and blockade runner), and now sits on 80 x obsolete material.

I suspect it has to do with loot table from those packs are not totally up to date with current crafting, but it's mighty annoying paying good cartel coins for this grey item, which is pretty worthless.

I hope, it will be possible to get this material "magically" updated to something equivalent that is useful today :)

I've filled out two tickets so far, both closed with silly "please report this on the forums" messages.

I'm planning on calling and asking for a refund of the cartel coins if the third ticket is closed in a similar fashion.

I wasn't even mad that obsolete materials showed up, but I'm very disappointed that CS refuses to do anything about it. It seems obvious to me: the packs were never supposed or advertised to contain obsolete materials, but they're dropping, fine. Either replace them with the crafting material equivalent, or some randomly generated non-trash pack item. Or, to make it easier, for every 40 obsolete materials, just mail the player a pack. With 5 items in the replacement pack, even if one of them is scrap, the 4 non-scrap items will make up for the 40.

Update: I'm happy to report that the third ticket was satisfactorily resolved by a BW CS rep named James. I don't mind little bugs or issues that pop up. I don't even mind filling tickets about them if they warrant them. I do mind, however, having these tickets closed by CS reps who are more interested in clearing their ticket backlog than providing actual customer service, and therefore close tickets with the "Sorry, we can't help -- report it on the forums". It should be obvious now that they could have helped, as "James" did, had they been interested in it.

Edited by jheiv