Large stacks of companion gifts on GTN?

TapVallian

On Ebon Hawk server there is the same few people (maybe even alts of same person) who couple times a week put up several stacks of 100 of each type of companion gifts. (both blue and purple rank 5)

I'm pretty happy about that because they are always super reasonably priced and it's a great way to get them for my companions, but I was just wondering how do they get so many so often?

You'd have to be insane (or doing something illegal maybe?) to get that many from running crew missions I think.

I've seen the smuggled goods vendor on Odessen where you can get the rank 6 gifts for 30 data crystals. Is there a way to buy the rank 5 blue and purple with crystals or some other form of currency that you get from doing Heroics or FP's?

Just wondered if anyone knows how they do it or wants to speculate? (yes, I tried the obvious, contacting them and asking politely how they do it... but so far no response) :)

On Fleet is a Companien Gift Vendor who sell grade 5 gifts for Common Data Crystals.

Where is it?

The one that sells grade 1 and 2 gifts for credits sells the rank 5 blue and purple for the no longer available fragments, but not data crystals.

Where is it?

The one that sells grade 1 and 2 gifts for credits sells the rank 5 blue and purple for the no longer available fragments, but not data crystals.

right next him is another one that sells them for crystals

right next him is another one that sells them for crystals

Ok, I checked that vendor but you'd have to have 20-30k data crystals every 3-4 days to put up the number of companion gifts that are going up. Every way I can think of to get gifts takes way more time. Running crew missions on dozens of alts you'd spend all day cycling through them all and clicking missions, and buying them with crystals I don't see how you get that many crystals every 3-4 days.

No more ideas on how they are doing it?

I wouldn't dismiss the idea of somebody cycling through dozens of alts running crew skills all day. For some people the GTN/Auction House IS the game, or at least a large enough part of their idea of fun to justify alt hopping every few minutes to collect and redo missions between, say, warzones, flashpoints, or while leveling alts.

Coming from a certain other mmo this isn't something unusual, there are people who log in almost exclusively to play the auction house and are gold-capped on several alts. Different strokes for different folks, some people thoroughly enjoy the farming and economy side of an MMO and approach it with as much dedication as people do to end-game content.

Farming data crystals, crew skills, buying underpriced gifts and then reselling them, just to name a few, is how they're getting so many stacks of gifts every day.

Edited by eldefail