Combat Big Hitters

SaxManders

So I first leveled a Marauder to 50 and loved it so much I'm now rolling a Sentinel. I played Rage throughout leveling, and absolutely loved my massive smash crits. It was very easy to get my 2.5k single hit medal in warzones.

Here's my question: What ability or abilities does a Combat Sentinel have that hit hard, preferably hard enough for a 2.5k single hit medal fairly reliably (without zerking buffs of any kind)? Blade Rush seems like it will crit for about the same as my Force Scream crit as Rage, which was about 2k. I really am looking forward to trying a different tree this time around, but will be somewhat disappointed if I can't fairly easily get one of the easiest medals to get as a Focus/Rage spec Sentinel/Guardian.

So I first leveled a Marauder to 50 and loved it so much I'm now rolling a Sentinel. I played Rage throughout leveling, and absolutely loved my massive smash crits. It was very easy to get my 2.5k single hit medal in warzones.

Here's my question: What ability or abilities does a Combat Sentinel have that hit hard, preferably hard enough for a 2.5k single hit medal fairly reliably (without zerking buffs of any kind)? Blade Rush seems like it will crit for about the same as my Force Scream crit as Rage, which was about 2k. I really am looking forward to trying a different tree this time around, but will be somewhat disappointed if I can't fairly easily get one of the easiest medals to get as a Focus/Rage spec Sentinel/Guardian.

A buffed force sweep is the hardest hitting move a sentinel can get period. 2.5k is easy. Better gear, some surge. the 5k one is in reach.

Combat is more about sustained damage. Blade storm(scream) is your hardest hitting move. notably it hits about the same as a focus one does. Both get +30 surge free. combat gives it 100% crit.. (Although, decent gear you are likely sitting at a good 40% crit anyway) You do get the +10% damage to focus spenders though, which should apply to your scream/storm. So you can get 10% more damage.

Combat also has prec strike, giving +100% armor pen. So that will give a bit more damage as well.

Get surge. 2.5k bladestorm/screams should be pretty easy to hit.

Combat is sustained damage? That's news to me. Watchman is sustained, Combat is not unless you choose to make it so.

It's a burst focus dumping spec. You Force Leap to get your root/snares in, then you build Focus and dump everything at once after a Precision Strike.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

Combat is sustained damage? That's news to me. Watchman is sustained, Combat is not unless you choose to make it so.

It's a burst focus dumping spec. You Force Leap to get your root/snares in, then you build Focus and dump everything at once after a Precision Strike.

what exactly are you dumping? what big hitting moves do you have?

Combat is about 6% accuracy, off hand sustained dps, and 50% ataru procs. Which will proc on strike, and ms. your focus builder.

Combat has higher damage "uptime" as its builder, zealous strike, and masterstrike will deal considerably more dps due to ataru, offhand+damage, and that accuracy.

lower CD on zstrike means higher focus gen. Focus which is then used to spam blade rush more frequently. A move, which while not high burst damage, is good sustained. Again, less "down" time.

The tree has no big focus spenders. blade rush 2 focus, blade storm 2 focus. prec strike 3. its about constant damage. not 5k force sweeps. 3k force crushes

Edited by MBirkhofer

If you want an easy 2,5k as combat just use Inspiration and a trinket if you have one (for example Centurion Trinket that improves crit and surge on use). Then use Precision Slash and Bladestorm, on most classes it hits for 2,7k+ then with average gear.

Make sure you don't waste it on tanks or guarded people, the damage number would be much lower.

I'm getting Invincible very often recently and sometimes Immortal (while solo-queueing).

Edited by Moldrany

Watchman has superior burst my friend. Hate to burst your bubble. Combat is pretty much a sustain tree contrary to popular belief. And it does it worse.

If you want an easy 2,5k as combat just use Inspiration and a trinket if you have one (for example Centurion Trinket that improves crit and surge on use). Then use Precision Slash and Bladestorm, on most classes it hits for 2,7k+ then with average gear.

Make sure you don't waste it on tanks or guarded people, the damage number would be much lower.

I'm getting Invincible very often recently and sometimes Immortal (while solo-queueing).

Um, pretty sure Precision Slash has no effect on Bladestorm. It already bypasses armor.

Watchman has superior burst my friend. Hate to burst your bubble. Combat is pretty much a sustain tree contrary to popular belief. And it does it worse.

I am playing a watchman sentinel right now and I hope to god this isn't our burst spec.

Been getting 2.5 medal with crap gear ever since I got PS. If the target doesn't have a damage reduction ability on BS crits for 2.6-2.7. This is at lv30sh.

This just means you got very good gear for your level. I also did same amount of damage during your levels, then at 50 I was only doing 2k max because I didn't do instances and just leveled through PvP without ever buying anything.

Now with better gear I started hitting for bigger amounts again.

And yes, Blade Storm is definately affected by Precision Slash and imo it's the best ability to use during it.