Pvp/Pve instance option

Matthewcseaman

I have rarely ever posted in the forums; however, I was reading a recent post on how our server is dying and decided to try starting a new thread. I've played on Jung ma since before the game's second anniversary as a Jedi Guardian running tank spec. Over the past year I've watched what looked like a exodus as entire guilds transcended to other servers. Since I did mostly PvP, it started with the ranked guilds and then everyone else followed. The server is now pretty much dead. This all being said, I question the decision to introduce into the game the option for players to toggle a preference for PvP or pve, the result being players getting separated into different instances depending on how they have chosen to flag themselves. To me, this makes no sense. Especially when the servers themselves used to be sorted into pve or PvP servers and level adjustments were introduced so that open word encounters would not be skewed in the favor of high level players. The ability to toggle the pvp/pve flag a and sending players to different instances respectively has increased the number of available instances in the game significantly, so that there now exists at least 2 instances for each planet as well as the faction fleets. This doesn't take into consideration the large number of instances for flashpoint, operations, etc. The result has been to reduce significantly the probability of any two players actually crossing paths with each other in any given instance. On Jung ma and on the Ebon Hawk servers(I have toons on both), I am often the sole player in an instance for entire planet's. for servers that have a low or light population, this is a killer to the gameplay experience. Open world PvP is non-existent, as well as any real opportunities for group content on any given world. There are too many instances dividing up what few players are still on the servers. This option to swap between PvP and pve instances strikes me as a little redundant when coupled with the open world level adjustments and the previous existence of designated PvP and pve servers. Now all the servers are defacto pve due to the low probability of actually seeing someone in the open world. Most of the remaining players seem to stay in pve instances. I think this relatively new feature should either be modified so that everyone is in the same instance together or just plain due away with it. Player numbers are too low to just practically double the existing number of instances and divide up players like this. It hit the lower population servers the hardest.