Choices do matter

RameiArashi

The fact is, we don't really care about what you think is incorrect, do we ?

The hard cold fact is, we think they didn't matter, and we are not happy.and we will not once again subscribe for an entire year. We will wait for September 2017, and do all KOTEE in one month.

And you know who will be the loser ? The game. Because it needs subs. If you think that hard fans will save the game, look at the fabulous destiny of Pathfinder Online.

You are happy with the game, that's great for you, and you are not WRONG. It's not about being right wrong. It's about enjoying the experience.

Chapters 14 & 15 were ok. But in the end, a vast part of us, are disappointed by the experience, because of the lack of meaningful choices and consequences.

Funny thing about fact. It doesn't care whether you care or not, its still fact.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing about fact. It doesn't care whether you care or not, its still fact.

After seeing your last post, maybe there is a misunderstanding, I thought that you were amongst the people crying because we didn't like the expansion.

I'm tired of people going on and on that choices don't matter when in fact chapter 16 has two different outcomes depending on how you made Koth feel. They put in a choice that matters and some people still complain. And how Senya reacts the next time we meet is surely going to depend on how you reacted to her leaving.

Thing is you do not understand or maybe you just don't want to understand it. There is a selection clicky but it does not mean anything in the end because guess what they will come back anyway and they will ultimately help you kill the emperor. so the CHOICE MATTERS really is a lie it means nothing.

I will say really they should never have said choice matters. Unless and a big unless they actually wrote two or three independent story outcomes and we all know that wouldn't happen anytime soon, if ever.

I think that the BIGGEST mockery of a choice was, to kneel, or not to kneel.

I was so happy, when I thought that I actually COULD, kneel in front of the bad guy, with my Wrath. Well... He didn't even seem to remember it. He even went to the point of accusing me of "resisting him". Even though I literally NEVER said no to him. I mean, even on Ziost, I told him that I still wanted to serve him even if he killed everybody.

Wow, that is just sad. I have played only LS past Makeb, so I had assumed that agreeing with him would net you something. I know disagreeing at every turn has no negative effect, but I'd have thought kowtowing would have a positive one, or at least make him happier in conversations. That it does not, that he claims you've resisted him when you have not, shows how truly lazy they have been with this expansion.

I've been saying this since chapter 13 when we got word that a season 2 would be coming. I've been saying the rest of season 1 will just be data gathering of bi-linear choices and there will be little to no major impact from the choices you made shown in season 1 but in season 2 is when they will matter. Like trying to shoot down senya or not, killing sateele shan or not, having the gravestone or not. These choices will ultimately impact chapter 2 and can really hinder you.

I've been saying this since chapter 13 when we got word that a season 2 would be coming. I've been saying the rest of season 1 will just be data gathering of bi-linear choices and there will be little to no major impact from the choices you made shown in season 1 but in season 2 is when they will matter. Like trying to shoot down senya or not, killing sateele shan or not, having the gravestone or not. These choices will ultimately impact chapter 2 and can really hinder you.

You keep saying this as though you are some super-clever person who is the only one who can see this.

You keep saying this but present absolutely ZERO evidence to back your claims up.

You seem to think something changed at Chapter 13 with the announcement of KotET - it didn't.

And here is how I can support my claim.

The impact of our choices (as in there not being any real impact) did not suddenly change with Chapter 13. 99% of our "choices that matter" have never mattered, they didn't matter in Chapter 1 or 2 and seeing our companions in mortal danger and our faction fall before Zakuul should have been the 1st point where what we said and what we did actually mattered; they didn't matter in the Chapter where Senya first betrayed us to the Scions (after that point most if us would never have trusted her again, she would NEVER have been allowed to operate unsupervised from that point on); they didn't even matter when we forged our new, unique and "oh so important" weapon - because in the end they fudged the story and the mechanics and gave us a "magic shield" that had never been seen before; and they certainly didn't matter in Chapter 16.

Yes, you been saying it since Chapter 13; but I have news for you - just because you say it, doesn't make it so - especially when there is not one single shred of evidence to support your claim.

KotFE has been a huge missed opportunity - there is the kernel of a good, possibly great, Star Wars story in there - all squandered by (at times) appallingly amateurish story-telling and low-cost game development, carried out by a team so out of touch with their players and their product that they are incapable of seeing what they are doing wrong - I'll give them a hint, just about all of it.

All The Best

...they didn't even matter when we forged our new, unique and "oh so important" weapon - because in the end they fudged the story and the mechanics and gave us a "magic shield" that had never been seen before; and they certainly didn't matter in Chapter 16....

Mine worked fine, bra. Healed me and reflected damage back at Arcaan throughout the whole fight.

Honestly I can't believe the amount of people who are salty because the fight wasn't a face-roll. It was seriously one of the most satisfying battles I've had since fighting Thanaton pre 3.0, especially since I had no idea going in and had to figure it all out during the fight. It gave me a sense of accomplishment that the current pre-KotFE game just doesn't have anymore.

Honestly I can't believe the amount of people who are salty because the fight wasn't a face-roll. It was seriously one of the most satisfying battles I've had since fighting Thanaton pre 3.0, especially since I had no idea going in and had to figure it all out during the fight. It gave me a sense of accomplishment that the current pre-KotFE game just doesn't have anymore.

The fight was not face roll? lol

You had to press one button more, thats it, still face roll and easy as fu...

Its sad, that the game is now so easy..

Mine worked fine, bra. Healed me and reflected damage back at Arcaan throughout the whole fight.

No you misunderstand me.

Mine worked. But it didn't matter whether it worked or not because they fudged the issue with the "magic shield" that they suddenly gave us.

I'm not complaining that the fight wasn't a face-roll - I'm complaining because it was. And it was because they came up with a uber-power for Arcann (a force user we are constantly told is not worthy of his position by arguably the most powerful force-user ever) and then because they won't allow us to group up for any of this they had to "miracle in" the "magic shield" to protect us from this "unworthy emperor".

Bad story telling.

Plot fudge.

Bad story telling (compounded by the fact they think giving out opponent a massive health-pool and un-interruptable, spamable CC, while making them immune to our CC, is some kind of valid substitute for genuine difficulty) .

Plot fudge.

Even worse story telling.

Plot armour (for Arcann/Senya).

Plot fudge.

Bad story telling.

All The Best

But, but, but my DPS numbers went up a little with the magic weapon so choices do matter and stuff!

The magic weapon didn't matter at all. With it, the fight is slightly shorter. Without it, you still win the fight because Arcann drops his character shield for a few minutes ... Before snatching it back as the ceiling collapses on him for the third time this season.

"Arcann has transcended Light and Dark and so must you if you hope to defeat him. Oh, and you'll need this magic blaster, too. Otherwise you'll have no chance."

Or not. What a joke.

"when you sit on the eternal throne..."

I don't want to sit on the eternal throne. I don't want to learn the Force. I don't want to save the galaxy by being the figurehead of an inept rebellion. I want to be a *********** bounty hunter. I capture or shoot people for money. I hang out with criminals in dive bars during my down time.

How about you drop this destiny schtick and the whole useless alliance and just pay me what we supposedly stole from the Zakuul vault ship and I'll go put a blaster bolt in Arcann's good eye?

I'll toss in Koth's vacuum frozen corpse for free.

I don't care about Vaylin or SCORPIO ineptly running Zakuul. Let them. Because other than you TELLING me how awful everything is since Zakuul invaded, all I've seen is some space stations fronting as mini Death Stars over planets I couldn't care less about. No visible oppression, no changed state of the galaxy. Five worlds were glassed looking for me? NAME THEM. make me give a ****.

Nothing has happened that should affect my job security. In fact, I should be working for Zakuul hunting down the alliance or be back in the empire hunting down Jedi. My god, this one-size fits all plot railroad is stupid.

32 days.

But, but, but my DPS numbers went up a little with the magic weapon so choices do matter and stuff!

The magic weapon didn't matter at all. With it, the fight is slightly shorter. Without it, you still win the fight because Arcann drops his character shield for a few minutes ... Before snatching it back as the ceiling collapses on him for the third time this season.

"Arcann has transcended Light and Dark and so must you if you hope to defeat him. Oh, and you'll need this magic blaster, too. Otherwise you'll have no chance."

Or not. What a joke.

"when you sit on the eternal throne..."

I don't want to sit on the eternal throne. I don't want to learn the Force. I don't want to save the galaxy by being the figurehead of an inept rebellion. I want to be a *********** bounty hunter. I capture or shoot people for money. I hang out with criminals in dive bars during my down time.

How about you drop this destiny schtick and the whole useless alliance and just pay me what we supposedly stole from the Zakuul vault ship and I'll go put a blaster bolt in Arcann's good eye?

I'll toss in Koth's vacuum frozen corpse for free.

I don't care about Vaylin or SCORPIO ineptly running Zakuul. Let them. Because other than you TELLING me how awful everything is since Zakuul invaded, all I've seen is some space stations fronting as mini Death Stars over planets I couldn't care less about. No visible oppression, no changed state of the galaxy. Five worlds were glassed looking for me? NAME THEM. make me give a ****.

Nothing has happened that should affect my job security. In fact, I should be working for Zakuul hunting down the alliance or be back in the empire hunting down Jedi. My god, this one-size fits all plot railroad is stupid.

32 days.

^ All of this.

The "monorail morality play" that KotFE has become is - frankly - an insult to the legacy given to us by KotOR 1 & 2 and Pre-KotFE TOR. It's like a third-rate TV evangelist who failed English Literature 101 has taken over as project lead.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

Obviously you missed the point because it doesn't matter if you use the "special weapon" or not. You still win the fight whether you have it equipped or not. So yeah. The "choice" DIDN'T matter. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah. And the point about it not being faceroll? I wholeheartedly hope you were joking with that one. That fight was the easiest, most boring fight of the game. Faceroll doesn't even express how easy and straightforward it was.

Edited by DarkSaberMaster

What people get up to these days...

There is only ONE choice that matters, it is the choice of paying for a subscription or not. Everything else is BS marketing that has been seen for decades, in any part of industry or venue.

Right from the start I expected the whole "Choices that matter" to be just another sales trick, and having played everything from the ME and DA series I saw what "could" be the result of KotFE`s RPG storytelling.

Just a few examples, as the rest of "the horde of fellow alliance meatbags (read, companions) is not even worth the mention, going by the player having finished the last chapter:

Koth - was the most memoreable mainly because of the last chapter, and the only relevant choice that had an impact on the story. And even then the ending of chapter 16 is the same, with or without the Gravestone

Senya - has her own agenda, no matter how you treat her she makes the choice of "saving" Arcann, and will maybe hold a grudge if you decided to shoot at her and her loving son

Lana - even as a romance option...very, very little interaction with her

Theron - bland, not even worth the mention

HK55 - just lol, and I will stop right here as the rest is not worth mentioning, having to be sidekicks to deal with either a babysitter job for maniac and Major pussycat, or taking down 1 of the ships system..which always result in the success

So...more to come in future chapters where choice could matter? Most likely..maybe, who cares at this point anyway. :jawa_confused:

Personally, after having done all KotFE chapters 4 times, I now believe my money spent was not worth the content I was given in return.

I have learned my lesson, I was subscribed since the release of the first chapter till the very end, and like some or many I am too canceling my sub, waiting it out for months so I can have a reason to come back.

Do not get me wrong, I am aware that paying for a sub allows me "unlimited" access to the game, but having been with this game from the start there is little to nothing for me to do..and I am most certanly do not have the patience to chase achievements or collect cartel items.

Just speaking for myself, this has been the case for over 2 years, the span between my leave has been increasing and will most likely keep increasing if BEWARE keeps it up with this shabby, cheap and bland content releases.

Just my 2 cents, I made my choice.... :jawa_cool:

After seeing your last post, maybe there is a misunderstanding, I thought that you were amongst the people crying because we didn't like the expansion.

No, I'm just saying there were choices that had some level of effect on the meat of the expansion, however insignificant to the ending, or big parts of the story. I understand they needed us to end up at the same end, but they could have done a better job with a variety in the meat. Don't even get me started on the "ending". No, I very much disliked pretty well all of kotfe, and I'm a story player. I spend more time replaying vanilla on alts than taking anymore alts through kotfe.

Im curious. how did people feel about content that didn't have any choices that effected the story? For example the prelude to shadow of revan?

In my opinion, that's some of the best content in the game. Structurally, it's incredibly balanced for both group and single player. The story portion is awesome. And even though it has no choice that matters. I look forward to playing it on characters I create. It simply doesn't get old for me.

As opposed, Kotfe has some choices that make differences, but ultimately I guess my question would center around the idea of if the prelude to shadow of revan, or even shadow of revan itself, keep people engaged (if there are more out there like me), why do we get so bent up over the choices mattering thing for Kotfe? Sure they billed it as such I guess, but overall shouldn't the quality of the story end up over take the marketing bits? I don't know if I want to pass my own judgement on the Kotfe story line as I didn't think I had too much an issue with it overall. I looked forward to the chapter releases. Chapter 16, aside from no alliance presence, a lack of what I would consider appropriate build up and not really feeling like Odessen was in any danger at all, I liked it. I liked the fight with Arcann (outside of the shield which I felt made visions in the dark null and void even though that was one of my favorite chapters overall). I greatly approved of Senya and Arcann (even if I'm probably the only one in that camp). So I dunno. Something feels off about Kotfe. I liked it. But, I don't like it more than content where I had no choice control. That seems weird.

Im curious. how did people feel about content that didn't have any choices that effected the story? For example the prelude to shadow of revan?

In my opinion, that's some of the best content in the game. Structurally, it's incredibly balanced for both group and single player. The story portion is awesome. And even though it has no choice that matters. I look forward to playing it on characters I create. It simply doesn't get old for me.

As opposed, Kotfe has some choices that make differences, but ultimately I guess my question would center around the idea of if the prelude to shadow of revan, or even shadow of revan itself, keep people engaged (if there are more out there like me), why do we get so bent up over the choices mattering thing for Kotfe?

I think part of the problem is the "actor focus" in KotFE. All the way through Revan it feels like that whatever the Player Character does it is important, it has an effect.

For most of KotFE the "actor focus" is not on the Player Character and all too often it feels as if the Player Character is just a puppet on someone else's strings - Valkorian's, Lana's, Koth's, Scorpio's, Senya's, Heskel's even Gaunt's for crying out loud; but never your own.

Its an appallingly amateurish mistake to make IMO.

All The Best

The only reasons choices matter is being brought up - is because we were told they would.

Frankly, if its written well, I do not care. SOR had a lot of fill. The raiders cove clown chase wasn't very engaging. It would of been more interesting to drop in and talk to Lana/Theron, and then move on directly to the Revanite camps. No pointless blood hunt, aside from being worked in as side quest(same with the rest of raiders cove.)

SOR was a setup to transition for the fail ahead. I could feel it being that way when it came out. KOTFE being sucha weak empty storyline wasn't a big surprise. What does disappoint me, is they took the fun out of the leveling experience. The story mode flashpoints advanced the galactic timeline, and kept you up to date on the events going on at your planet level. Lumping them all as tacticals removed their relevancy.

The only reasons choices matter is being brought up - is because we were told they would.

Frankly, if its written well, I do not care. SOR had a lot of fill. The raiders cove clown chase wasn't very engaging. It would of been more interesting to drop in and talk to Lana/Theron, and then move on directly to the Revanite camps. No pointless blood hunt, aside from being worked in as side quest(same with the rest of raiders cove.)

SOR was a setup to transition for the fail ahead. I could feel it being that way when it came out. KOTFE being sucha weak empty storyline wasn't a big surprise. What does disappoint me, is they took the fun out of the leveling experience. The story mode flashpoints advanced the galactic timeline, and kept you up to date on the events going on at your planet level. Lumping them all as tacticals removed their relevancy.

This is a very good point, another part of content upgrade/update that caused more harm than good in my eyes. It just seems like BEWARE wanted new players to have a greater pool of content to choose from, forgeting the part of story progress they constantly insisted upon with KotFE. That the xp gain is overpowered needs no further mentioning....

Then again, the whole leveling process has been dumbed down so much that I am not suprised how the DvsL event, among the many complaints and quite the dose of negativity, was still done by many of the veteran players, knowing that leveling in this game takes little to no effort and thus incites players to go for the event packs in order to unlock more cosmetic gear..to each his own I guess.

There was and is very little memorable about KotFE, and although it has been some time since I did the trooper or consular story, I still recall the good parts that made me laugh or just outright suprised me...wish I could say the same about KotFE.

As opposed, Kotfe has some choices that make differences, but ultimately I guess my question would center around the idea of if the prelude to shadow of revan, or even shadow of revan itself, keep people engaged (if there are more out there like me), why do we get so bent up over the choices mattering thing for Kotfe? Sure they billed it as such I guess, but overall shouldn't the quality of the story end up over take the marketing bits? I don't know if I want to pass my own judgement on the Kotfe story line as I didn't think I had too much an issue with it overall. I looked forward to the chapter releases. Chapter 16, aside from no alliance presence, a lack of what I would consider appropriate build up and not really feeling like Odessen was in any danger at all, I liked it. I liked the fight with Arcann (outside of the shield which I felt made visions in the dark null and void even though that was one of my favorite chapters overall). I greatly approved of Senya and Arcann (even if I'm probably the only one in that camp). So I dunno. Something feels off about Kotfe. I liked it. But, I don't like it more than content where I had no choice control. That seems weird.

You answered your own question with the highlighted part. It was a big part of their promotion of KOTFE and they failed to deliver it.

Edited by DarkSaberMaster

A few months ago, I made a thread about the fact that I destroyed the weapon by trashing it. People like you were all about hoping that I would be punished by being unable to finish. That was so laughable. Especially now that I've beaten Arcann without it anyway.

I think that my choice to buy some new mods on the market was even more impactful than your magical weapon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.