Unable to retrieve server list/ log on

ImmortalLowlife

I'm not sure what's going on. I could log on and play just fine on Monday and Thursday. (The only days I've had time to play this week.) But today after logging on, I checked my mail, unlocked a new crystal with CC's, went to my ship, started a companion convo, and in the middle of the conversation I was kicked back to the server select screen which wasn't showing any servers in the list. And giving me random errors (server unavailable due to maintenance) I logged out, back on and was taken straight to the server select screen all of which had a (- 1) in the character number column I closed the application again and tried to log back on and got a message on the launcher that says "login service is currently unavailable. Please visit forums for latest updates on the status of this service" I'm playing on the shadowlands server, and I don't have any type of data limits on my internet service. I'm running Win 7 ultimate if that matters. Edited by ImmortalLowlife

• 3 weeks later...

Very tired of this crap.

I have completely reinstalled the game.

I have made sure my firewall passes any and all SWTOR communications, both incoming and outgoing.

I have made sure my antivirus completely ignores anything SWTOR does and even made it only scan the folder in manual scans.

SWTOR does not strain my internet connection since it only draws about 100kbps (peaks at less than 1mbps) and my connection can easily do 800mbps.

No other program randomly disconnects even once a day, let alone several times within a few hours.

PLEASE fix your server issues.

Edited by TheSkate

Very tired of this crap.

I have completely reinstalled the game.

I have made sure my firewall passes any and all SWTOR communications, both incoming and outgoing.

I have made sure my antivirus completely ignores anything SWTOR does and even made it only scan the folder in manual scans.

SWTOR does not strain my internet connection since it only draws about 100kbps (peaks at less than 1mbps) and I my connection can easily do 800mbps.

No other program randomly disconnects even once a day, let alone several times within a few hours.

PLEASE fix your server issues.

If it was their servers, they would be wall to wall threads about it, so again check your route to the servers, use 'tracert' or a program like pingplotter

If it was their servers, they would be wall to wall threads about it, so again check your route to the servers, use 'tracert' or a program like pingplotter

Thank you for the tip about pingplotter.

It would seem that level3.net are the problem. 97% of my packet loss is due to level3.net switching between two IP addresses for my 4th hop. The one it stays on 99.9% of the time has an average of 37ms and .03% packet loss.

The other has an average of 1289ms and 97% packet loss.

I understand preferred routing tables etc, but when one route is completely broken you would think the table would flag it and drop it from the preferred routes until fixed. Instead Level3 just keeps trying to go back to the bad leg every 20 seconds. Idiots.

Once again thank you for the tip.

Today from 9:00ish (PM) till now, while playing in-game. I suddenly have gotten server lag so bad that it logs me out, and I am forced to close the game window entirely and restart the launcher. It has now happened 7 times within 2-3 hours and I started keeping a close eye on my internet connection and it had not gone down or weakened whatsoever. Also serveral player on the planets or instances i was playing on began noticing similar issues. This was on the Jedi Covenant Server from 9:30ish till 3 min's ago at 1:37 A.M. I will hope this was a temporary issue or if not, that a patch will be implemented to fix it. but overall when it was happening the game play was smooth as awesome as always :)

i got the same problem now :mad: the servers lag like crazy then kick me and my internet isnt dropping either , i did notice that everything related to Swotor is laggin like crazy at the moment i could not report a server issue the website is laggy and it took about 2 m inutes before it let me react to this post

hope they fix this quick

Internet service providers are being attacked or a main switch is about to croak, heat is terrible but a bunch of meatheads ddos attacking are worse!

I REPEAT....THIS IS NOT SWTOR SERVER OR WOW SERVERS...LOL!

You realize this post is from 2 weeks ago, right, mate? It wasn't about the issues right now.