Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

August Producer Livestream Wrap-up

EricMusco

You sure seem to have an awful lot of things to complain about. But, you don't seem to include any useful feedback on what to do about it. Tell them more. Tell them what should be done differently.

For all that you wrote, it is no better than just writing, "This sucks," because you really didn't give any specifics on what was wrong or how it could be improved.

I've written at length, numerous times, in several threads about how KotFE could have been so much better.

All The Best

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting subscriber rewards nailed down, and published for all to see should now be your priority - because there's precious little else worthy of a subscription.

Nothing else worthy of subscription? Just saying majority of the player base is subscribed for more then just KOTFE and Subscriber rewards...

I don't understand the people who say they paid X amount of money to be subscribed every month for KOTFE... The expansion was FREE with subscription, where these people never subscribed at all in the past before KOTFE? Or only logged on to play KOTFE chapters and never any other content?

If they where however only interested in KOTFE then why wait to sub at the end and get all 16 chapters for one months worth of subscription?

Nothing else worthy of subscription? Just saying majority of the player base is subscribed for more then just KOTFE and Subscriber rewards...

I don't understand the people who say they paid X amount of money to be subscribed every month for KOTFE... The expansion was FREE with subscription, where these people never subscribed at all in the past before KOTFE? Or only logged on to play KOTFE chapters and never any other content?

If they where however only interested in KOTFE then why wait to sub at the end and get all 16 chapters for one months worth of subscription?

Because they like to blow things just a bit out if proportion. These kids don't know restraint or perspective.

This is obviously the worst thing in the history of ever. :t_rolleyes:

Because they like to blow things just a bit out if proportion. These kids don't know restraint or perspective.

Lol... Well the ending of Mass Effect 3 was worse then KOTFE conclusion so...

He said "precious little else," not "nothing else." Way to distort his words.

If you look at some of the semi-recent threads on subscription and whether it's worth it, you'd find there's a fair few people saying that beyond stuff like credit cap, they really feel no reason to sub.

I'd say it's not an uncommon position for somebody to take that subbing is largely not worth it.

And you also completely misinterpreted what he was saying about the reason to sub. He indicated that subbing is largely only worth it for him because of the sub rewards, in the process of quoting Ben Irving, who was talking about future sub rewards, i.e. the special monthly rewards that come with being a sub, that they've done this year.

Talk about knocking down a strawman. Yeesh.

He said "precious little else," not "nothing else." Way to distort his words.

If you look at some of the semi-recent threads on subscription and whether it's worth it, you'd find there's a fair few people saying that beyond stuff like credit cap, they really feel no reason to sub.

I'd say it's not an uncommon position for somebody to take that subbing is largely not worth it.

And you also completely misinterpreted what he was saying about the reason to sub. He indicated that subbing is largely only worth it for him because of the sub rewards, in the process of quoting Ben Irving, who was talking about future sub rewards, i.e. the special monthly rewards that come with being a sub, that they've done this year.

Talk about knocking down a strawman. Yeesh.

If your only subbing for the monthly rewards... Probably indication you should find a different game to play and move on from this one. $15 for HK poster? Sub rewards are just extra bonuses... Nothing that special. Especially with all the CM stuff these days, most sub rewards are just copy cat items

"Little else" in his case and nothing else have minimal difference

Edited by Newyankalt

Yeah.

I'm 46 years old. I'd bet its you who is the "kid" in this equation.

KotFE is NOT the worst thing thing in the history of ever.

But the last quarter (possibly half) of KotFE is - by far - the very worst thing to happen to SWtOR.

You seem to need to make yourself feel clever by arguing against points no one actually made; and then try to lay claim to some degree of restraint and perspective. You're not fooling anyone of above average IQ.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

I don't understand the people who say they paid X amount of money to be subscribed every month for KOTFE... The expansion was FREE with subscription,

So not free at all then.

I suggest you refer to a dictionary regarding the definition of free.

The ability to play KotFE IS one of the Subscriber Rewards - because it is ONLY available to Subscribers.

And it is was this Subscriber Reward content that I was referring to as barely being worth it.

All The Best

If your only subbing for the monthly rewards... Probably indication you should find a different game to play and move on from this one. $15 for HK poster? Sub rewards are just extra bonuses... Nothing that special. Especially with all the CM stuff these days, most sub rewards are just copy cat items

"Little else" in his case and nothing else have minimal difference

Um, you know you can play the game without being a sub, right? But SWTOR revenue partly relies on sub money. It's in their best interest for us to very much want to sub. With KOTFE, the sub benefits were the monthly rewards, persistent access (and early access) to chapters, and the stuff that's already there which are less 'benefits' and more just normal stuff that you'd expect to have for subbing to a game (such as the lack of a super low credit cap).

Bringing a "you should probably leave" attitude into it is ridiculous. There is plenty you can do in this game without being a sub. And again, you're making things into black and white nonsense, trying to take words like "little else" or "largely" and turn them into stuff like "nothing but." The difference is pretty important.

Face it, you were looking for an excuse to go on the offensive and you ended up picking a target that required reaching. There are far better targets out there for the kind of argument you're trying to make.

So not free at all then.

I suggest you refer to a dictionary regarding the definition of free.

The ability to play KotFE IS one of the Subscriber Rewards - because it is ONLY available to Subscribers.

And it is was this Subscriber Reward content that I was referring to as barely being worth it.

All The Best

In practically every other gaming related thing an expansion is additional content that is paid for.... SoR and ROTHC fall under this category. KOTFE does not require additional payment outside of subscription like the other 2 did. I don't play this game if I'm not subbed so it's free to me.

But either way I don't see why anyone would subscribe monthly if they only ever logged on just to play the new KOTFE chapter, why subscribe for an hour of content a month when you could subscribe after its all released and get all of the content? I imagine most subscribers are around to play more then KOTFE but there are still some who only care about KOTFE then complain about the "total cost"....

Um, you know you can play the game without being a sub, right? But SWTOR revenue partly relies on sub money. It's in their best interest for us to very much want to sub. With KOTFE, the sub benefits were the monthly rewards, persistent access (and early access) to chapters, and the stuff that's already there which are less 'benefits' and more just normal stuff that you'd expect to have for subbing to a game (such as the lack of a super low credit cap).

Bringing a "you should probably leave" attitude into it is ridiculous. There is plenty you can do in this game without being a sub. And again, you're making things into black and white nonsense, trying to take words like "little else" or "largely" and turn them into stuff like "nothing but." The difference is pretty important.

Face it, you were looking for an excuse to go on the offensive and you ended up picking a target that required reaching. There are far better targets out there for the kind of argument you're trying to make.

Really not sure what you're trying to accomplish tbh with the last 2 parts....

And honestly this game sucks if you're not a subscriber, yeah you can play it... But it's quite the struggle for pure free to play. With all the account unlocks though it's playable since all you have limiting you is credit cap really however in order to get a lot of those unlocks now days you would have to pay quite a bit so it would honestly just be better to subscribe.

And honestly this game sucks if you're not a subscriber, yeah you can play it... But it's quite the struggle for pure free to play. With all the account unlocks though it's playable since all you have limiting you is credit cap really however in order to get a lot of those unlocks now days you would have to pay quite a bit so it would honestly just be better to subscribe.

Precisely.

The SWtOR Free To Play and even Premium models are the very worst I have experienced first hand.

Bioware get it ALL wrong.

They punish players for choosing the F2P option they offered, and then don't really reward those who do Sub.

The ONLY thing that makes the Sub worthwhile is the CC.

All The Best

Precisely.

The SWtOR Free To Play and even Premium models are the very worst I have experienced first hand.

Bioware get it ALL wrong.

They punish players for choosing the F2P option they offered, and then don't really reward those who do Sub.

The ONLY thing that makes the Sub worthwhile is the CC.

All The Best

I found that getting a new KOTFE chapter every month made the Sub worthwhile to me. (Not the only thing that made it worthwhile, either, but certainly a headliner.)

Hey folks!

State of the Galaxy

]The team is looking through feedback on the new pack opening, and looking for places to improve. If you want to speed up the experience you can spacebar through the animation.

-eric

If it isn't broken don't fix it. It works fine and like you say the space bar works to speed it up. Everyone I've spoken to actually enjoys everything about the new pack opening experience. Please focus your coders attention elsewhere!

Edited by jozimmie

I saw some choices I made have some impact. It wasn't YUUUUGGGGE impact, but impact all the same.

If you killed Kaliyo or Jorgan, they didn't show up to tell you to come back (romance) or be there at the end (in support). Koth thanks you for being a good person and not hurting his people (save reactor, don't blow up spire). He leaves and takes the Gravestone with him if you're a bad person (let reactor explode, blow up spire).

I'm not sure what will happen if you fired on Arcann and Senya, but I didn't fire on them and let them escape. That could wind up being a good decision or a bad one. But overall, choices do matter, but the story is still linear. We're all heading in the same direction. Just some of us have some people/items and some of us don't.

Really not sure what you're trying to accomplish tbh with the last 2 parts....

That is because this game is like WOW, it's a sub based game. The free to play is more of a trial for new players. It was never meant for a player to stay free to play through all the expansions and levels. You're supposed to pay for your play. Whether you subscribe every month or you pay for coins to get all the unlocks or you spent your small amount of credits for the items on the gtn.

I don't understand why people won't pay for a sub, but complain the free to play model is limiting. That's the point. It's a sort of punishment for NOT subscribing.

I saw some choices I made have some impact. It wasn't YUUUUGGGGE impact, but impact all the same.

If you killed Kaliyo or Jorgan, they didn't show up to tell you to come back (romance) or be there at the end (in support). Koth thanks you for being a good person and not hurting his people (save reactor, don't blow up spire). He leaves and takes the Gravestone with him if you're a bad person (let reactor explode, blow up spire).

I'm not sure what will happen if you fired on Arcann and Senya, but I didn't fire on them and let them escape. That could wind up being a good decision or a bad one. But overall, choices do matter, but the story is still linear. We're all heading in the same direction. Just some of us have some people/items and some of us don't.

Nope because like the 2 companions that you can kill who just get shifted to background characters in the last chapter that is simply what will happen to what Koth took no one will be able to use it and if it does need to be used Koth will magically pop up with it help you out in the moment of need and vanish with it again serving the purpose of making it exactly the same as the who didn't lose what he took thus making the choice pointless.

Edited by Kaizersan

Ick, no. You can romance him if you want, but my girls are happily married to their original vanilla companion spouses and my two males are happy with Theron.

Ick? I'm insulted!! I never romanced Andronikos as he just doesn't appeal to me, and Theron is quite boring and too "nice"

I want a male version of jeassa, and Arcann fits that picture.

Females need the option to romance a brute, not the same ol pushover males.

/begs bioware.

Edited by Eshvara

Ick? I'm insulted!! I never romanced Andronikos as he just doesn't appeal to me, and Theron is quite boring and too "nice"

I want a male version of jeassa, and Arcann fits that picture.

Females need the option to romance a brute, not the same ol pushover males.

/begs bioware.

I suppose making Pierce the SW personal boy toy doesn't cut it.

I suppose making Pierce the SW personal boy toy doesn't cut it.

He'd be better than anyone of the vanilla male characters tbh. Males have much more diversity in personalities when it comes to romancing. And someone really dark like Jeassa. Females not so much.

I have always wanted a male force user romance for some of my Jedi/Sith ladies, I'll take what I can get at this stage in that regard :i_angel:

For some reason I never noticed that females don't have a force companion to romance, they're all female!!

/more reason for Arcann romance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.