Arsenal.... FOTM? What did I miss?

durhame

I play on and off here and there because of work but last few days on Covenant it seems like 2/3+ people playing in WZ are Arsenal? Did I miss a FOTM swap. I've pretty always been a vengeance/vigi guy and always will be but dam. That was a quick FOTM swap.

just an accident

i have seen 2/3 of everything in existence a million times, many games in a row

fotm atm are operatives and sorcs

to my mind fotm is a class that is easy to play well, and as a consequence a lot of players flock to it. operative, while having good potential, is not easy to play.

to op, i don't think of any merc spec as fotm for pretty much the same reason. if nobody attacks you and you get to stand there free casting, then anybody can do well. what happens after melee engages you, determines whether a player is good or not, and surviving that is not easy for a merc.

Edited by sumquy

to my mind fotm is a class that is easy to play well, and as a consequence a lot of players flock to it. operative, while having good potential, is not easy to play.

I have a slightly different definition of "FOTM" : An easy to play AND overpowered class - at least in the minds of most people, which doesn't need to be *objectively* true.

Sorc is such an example, at least some Disciplines of that. Same with some Disciplines of PT.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I play on and off here and there because of work but last few days on Covenant it seems like 2/3+ people playing in WZ are Arsenal? Did I miss a FOTM swap. I've pretty always been a vengeance/vigi guy and always will be but dam. That was a quick FOTM swap.

No it ain't FOTM.

I have a slightly different definition of "FOTM" : An easy to play AND overpowered class - at least in the minds of most people, which doesn't need to be *objectively* true.

Sorc is such an example, at least some Disciplines of that. Same with some Disciplines of PT.

ya, the problem with that is that 'overpowered' is such a subjective term. i think that sorcs are both fotm and overpowered, but half the sorcs on these forums are still crying over the nerfs, and now think that they are underpowered. lol. the main difference, to my mind, is that pvp needs fotm classes to get new players interested in pvp without leading them into a slaughter, but those classes should not be performing better than other, harder to learn, classes, like is the case right now.

Edited by sumquy

Arsenal Mercs aren't fotm - but if left untouched, can deal a ton of damage. However, once everything is on cool down, can be sitting ducks as they are slower than a Bioware game update.

I actually enjoyed playing Arsenal Merc. And remember, there is no combat balance in SWTOR, as you don't need combat balance for 'story'. They haven't made any real changes and since they don't test/play their own game - it shows in how things are just a mess.

For the past couple months arsenal has been pretty popular in lowbies on harb. It seems if a warzone gets a good combo of arsenal, mm, and dot sorcs they will surely be the winners just sitting back cherry picking and spamming their aoe.. I pvp with just about every class on harb so I admit sometimes I sit back and cherry pick with my ranged. :cool:

Nope that's not what fotm is at all.

Bad sorcs are actually pretty useless and easily spotted. Low levels of play are irrelevant.

Fotm is a someone that outperforms in a high skill environment. This is operative and sorc. When you know how to play operatives are actually pretty easy, because the class allows you to channel your skill. Hard classes are classes that are difficult to play when you are skilled.

Merc(arsenal) is nowhere near being fotm, however being a glass canon can sometimes feel like a monster, especially if the glass is not properly touched.

Edited by Kaedusz

Bad sorcs are actually pretty useless and easily spotted. Low levels of play are irrelevant.

Fotm is a someone that outperforms in a high skill environment. This is operative and sorc. When you know how to play operatives are actually pretty easy, because the class allows you to channel your skill. Hard classes are classes that are difficult to play when you are skilled.

Merc(arsenal) is nowhere near being fotm, however being a glass canon can sometimes feel like a monster, especially if the glass is not properly touched.

glad to see the arbiter of terminology has shown up. can i get a check on "conceited arshole" too?

seriously, what is it with forums that they constantly have people claiming other people's opinion is wrong?

FOTM

Flavour Of The Month

a term that has come up to describe the new trend of starting a new character to play the latest over powered class due to expansions or improvements to that class from the latest patches (or Savages in short).

-Urban dictionary

I don't see anything about skill level there... Do you?

glad to see the arbiter of terminology has shown up. can i get a check on "conceited arshole" too?

seriously, what is it with forums that they constantly have people claiming other people's opinion is wrong?

Can't find that exact phrase, but the American equivalent:

conceited ******e

A person or individual who exhibits traits of cockiness or smugness. A condescending individual.

-Urban dictionary

Not that it matters, BW will censor the offensive word in any case.

haha hmade me chuckle :)

Edited by Kaedusz