Any you said "Choice matters" Bioware(Spoilers)

Slowpokeking

He captures Tora/Theron but you get them back. Would have been better if you lose them in my opinion but they probably figured people would cry and whinge on the forums since Theron is a romance companion.

Oh that would have been super ballsy if they decided to do that, what's a better consequence than taking away one of your companions (and an LI at that) because of your decisions :cool: Personally I would have loved it if that happened.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh that would have been super ballsy if they decided to do that, what's a better consequence than taking away one of your companions (and an LI at that) because of your decisions :cool: Personally I would have loved it if that happened.

That should have already happened if you made Koth mad enough he left but yet from what I have seen and heard he returns so guess what your choices don't matter.

So you don't get to kill Arcann the first time, you don't get to kill him and Senya the 2nd time. Even though the option"kill" and "shoot down" is on screen.

And WHY do I need to grab some Zakuul weapon instead of using my own Force power to take down Arcann? It's just making our characters looke inferior, as long as the jedi/sith way.

Seriously this is really bad and different from the original class story, which we do actually decide others' fate, we can truly choose our path and destroy our enemy when victory was granted, but in KOTFE, none, throughout the entire 16 chapters, you don't get to decide most of the other people's fate upon victory. It really feels bad.

Also, the ending of Vaylin taking the throne seem REALLY FORCED.

They followed through with at least 1 choice mattering. I agree with those that don't understand the characters having plot armor for no reason. Building all season for a showdown with Arcaan unfolding in a unsatisfying way without a conclusion. I don't mind as I found that to be the best quality writing and pacing to the chapter. However we need to discuss your plot armor in more detail guys.

The SCORPIO portion better make some sense in the future. The betrayal of our character makes no sense at all. The logic of this is fundamentally flawed. So SCORPIO betrays us to capture the Throne and Eternal Fleet. That was pretty flimsy. Ok so she wanted to be the most powerful droid. Made some sense in a limited way as I don't think droids focused on continual self improvement are looking to rule other beings as a means to their master objective, but SCORPIO is odd so maybe.

We all guessed that the fleet was her child based on the cut scenes. What makes no sense is this handing it over after betraying us to seize the throne and trying to kill us and not Vaylin. So she is aligned with us and we are helping her. We are aligned in mission. She betrays us only to hand over the fleet and throne to Vaylin? How does that make sense.

Many of these characters do not seem to require plot armor. Does the SCORPIO angle have any point at all given what you just did? Why wasn't this a choice tree here? I've not seen 1 aspect of the SCORPIO story worth the time you put towards this droid. Killed or not killed the entire story would have progressed fine. Does Koth need plot armor?

He better do more as this makes no practical sense having him armored. Dead or Alive is he a consequence to the story in the future? He better be more than a plucky side kick to justify how idiotic the main character is being portrayed.

How do you even trust Senya at all? She screwed you with the Zions. She had an opportunity with Valyin and couldn't do it. Why are we made to be stupid? You couldn't at least give us the option to have a companion like Xalek or Pierce or Dr. Lokin, or something keep an eye on these people? Even if that still results the same way in them besting your companion at least you don't look like a total clueless trusting fool. We get that is the Jedi Knight Story. We all don't want to be clueless plucky jedi trying to do right in the galaxy.

I want to rule it and my non-force users want a story that makes sense for them without the force fighting being the conclusion. It makes no sense as the bounty hunter. I wouldn't even care about this as the hunter. Short of conquering Zakuul to say Mandalorians are the best nothing here matters remotely to the hunter. The Agent/trooper is ok, but smuggler/BH? Look non-force users need to be split in the next chapter into a different story.

That should have already happened if you made Koth mad enough he left but yet from what I have seen and heard he returns so guess what your choices don't matter.

Oh yeah Koth left and he was a companion / LI, I completely forgot ha :p Just goes to show how much I don't care about him being there / not being there. He'll be back though and I hope we get to off him.

Because the choices that matter are the ones they want to decide. They have made up their mind how things are going to be.

Anyways I wish them good luck on the next expansion as it stands right now I will not be here.

Well said...I guess the way to enjoy KotFE is to go at it with this mindset:)

Sadly I will continue to sub SWTOR just because I love the original stories/part of the game so much:)

Because no game has the resources to have so many branches. Do you think they are going to develop 2 expansions: one where Arcann has a role to play to defeat Valyn/SCORPIO and one where it will be a different ally?

Then they need to write a story that wouldn't NEED those two branches. This is the basic problem. Knowing they didn't have the money to write two full expansions, they should have done the entire story-line differently. You get actual choices to kill people or not kill them in the class stories but the overall class story does not change in terms of the big picture. And the world stories also give you occasional choices, but the total world story still comes out the same way. Neither class nor world stories seem as forced, despite my repeated play-throughs of them (well, the world ones -- I've not done any class more than once) as KOTFE does.

So, it is possible to write a fundamentally non-branching story (see, for example, the Gree storyline on Coruscant), but still have the occasional choice matter, and still have it not feel 100% forced.

You can always give choice. You can give the choice to kill Arcann or save him, by making him sacrifice himself to save you or someone else five minutes later. Like, I don't know... Vader ? Nothing to change in the story after that, and everyone's happy. Being Dark was meaningful, you killed your foe, and being Light is meaningful, you gave him the chance to redeem himself.

Or if you really need him to stay alive, you can always decide that Thexan wasn't actually dead, and make him replace Arcann. Thexan wasn't killed by the player, so that would be okay.

Choices do matters, the problem is when you will see the consequence. If the game stop before Chapter 9 or 10, you wont see the consequence of accepting Valkorian power too much. You had seen minor consequence - kill off companions, Koth mad at you, ..... -. What you genius are asking is writing your own fan fiction. DA, ME,... none let you write your own fan fiction, they have the line that you have to follow : Arc Demon had to die, Loghan can't rule, Kirkwall will fall, The Collector will die,..... What your choices " matter " are small variations which has no consequence to the story - whether the Warden live or not does not matter for the next games, Loghan died or became a warden mean nothing.

Spare or Shoot at them may have different consequence in the future. And stop using meta knowledge into the story, you don't know that Senya spared her daughter, you knew nothing about Scorpion plans. You are not a Mare Sue or Gary Stus

Choices do matters, the problem is when you will see the consequence. If the game stop before Chapter 9 or 10, you wont see the consequence of accepting Valkorian power too much.

What consequences, exactly ? I always accepted his power, I don't have any consequences.

Stop being mad and whiny because we have standards and you don't.

Edited by Audoucet

Try to deny it at the 3rd time he offer.

I denied his power each and every single time. My Consular, pure light side, has rejected both V-man and Satele and every effort BW has made to get her to accept either darkness or greyness. She has suffered ZERO negative consequences. She's in perfect health, she has accomplished all her missions, destroyed all but one of the SFs (that I haven't gotten to yet), acquired all the henchmen I care to recruit (NOT going to do the one you have to PVP to get, since I don't do PVP and refuse to be forced into it), and is standing on Odessen safe and sound and in perfect health at the end of chapter 16. So what are the consequences of denying the Snark-man's powers? I have had none.

Of course, I haven't *actually* been able to deny his power, because the cutscenes show that I have them even though my character has said 'no' to them every.single.time. But then, that is what people are complaining about... you make a choice and the game ignores it and tells the story as scripted.

So what you really mean is, choices matter only if you follow a certain precise script, lol.

That is why I said what you genius want is writing your own "Fan Fiction". You want it has to end "your way". ME is the prime example : Keep or destroy the Collector base mean nothing. And how would you know that there is no consequence ? Have you finished the game ? Nothing worse than a nerd thinks he/she could do a better job when they have zero qualification.

Edited by YaanaOhtar

So what you really mean is, choices matter only if you follow a certain precise script, lol.

It's a pretty predictable script that dabbling with Valk's power will end badly. You're expressly warned about it by Lana and all four of the Force classes have some experience with hijacking.

It's a pretty predictable script that dabbling with Valk's power will end badly. You're expressly warned about it by Lana and all four of the Force classes have some experience with hijacking.

Again, I used his power every time, and nothing happened.

And I did NOT use his power EVER (unless a cutscene forced me to), and rejected him every time. And nothing happened regarding that, either. The story continued as if I had not made any decisions, had not rejected his power, etc. Whether you accept it or not, you get his power. And whether you want to use it or not (my Consular would have died before she used his dark powers), you use it.

That is why I said what you genius want is writing your own "Fan Fiction". You want it has to end "your way". ME is the prime example : Keep or destroy the Collector base mean nothing. And how would you know that there is no consequence ? Have you finished the game ? Nothing worse than a nerd thinks he/she could do a better job when they have zero qualification.

Yes, to destroy the base means something. If you choose to destroy it, it's destroyed. If you don't choose to destroy it, it's not destroyed.

You know why most people liked chapter 13 & 15 ? Because you actually could, chose what happens to something. I don't care if the fact that I killed Jorgan and the Republican senator changes something in the future. The fact is, I actually could, chose to kill them or not.

Yeah, building my own fan fiction is actually what I want ! That's why I play Bioware's games. I do like to know that in MY ME Galaxy, the universe is guided by an inter-galactic federation of various races, and that everyone is now a mix of biology and electronic. I like to know that I made some entire races disappear, while I saved some other ones from ashes. I like it, that in ONE of my ME fanfictions, the Galaxy was destroyed by the Reapers, because my lesbian Shepard reeeeeally wanted to **** with Morinth. I like it that in my own Thedas, Alistair is a king, and a purified Old God roams the world.

You don't need to have big consequences, for choices to matter.

Yes, to destroy the base means something. If you choose to destroy it, it's destroyed. If you don't choose to destroy it, it's not destroyed.

You know why most people liked chapter 13 & 15 ? Because you actually could, chose what happens to something. I don't care if the fact that I killed Jorgan and the Republican senator changes something in the future. The fact is, I actually could, chose to kill them or not.

Yeah, building my own fan fiction is actually what I want ! That's why I play Bioware's games. I do like to know that in MY ME Galaxy, the universe is guided by an inter-galactic federation of various races, and that everyone is now a mix of biology and electronic. I like to know that I made some entire races disappear, while I saved some other ones from ashes. I like it, that in ONE of my ME fanfictions, the Galaxy was destroyed by the Reapers, because my lesbian Shepard reeeeeally wanted to **** with Morinth. I like it that in my own Thedas, Alistair is a king, and a purified Old God roams the world.

You don't need to have big consequences, for choices to matter.

And you know that there is no consequence because ? Did the game end ? Are you the writer ? Have you ever written anything that has been published ? No ? Then don't get on your high horse and demand people to write the story follow " your guidance". I am really sick of nerds think they can do a better job.

Choice matter ? ok.. I want to freaking kill the Illusive man why there weren't that choice ? I want to freaking kill Fiona when I learnt that she had allowed Tervinter invade Red Cliff where is my damn choice ? Big consequence ? are you high ? in ME none of your choice matter. Destroyed or kept Collector base did not affect a damn thing, and why couldn't I keep it for myself or give it to the council where were that damn choice ?

Fan fictions are the worst, they destroy the original intention and pervert the character's personalities.

Did the game end ?

Yes. It did. Because I started it under the pretence that it was a 16 chapters story.

Oh, and by the way. When I watch a TV show, when nothing happened at all at the end of season 1, I do complain too. You can pretend that something happened in chapter 16, but that's just your imagination. Arcann was already out of the Throne, and the meager fleet he still had turned out to be fake.

But if you are happy to be led on by promises for future consequences "next time", well that's your problem mate. Your patronising attitude is of no concern to me. The fact is, at the end of Mass Effect, the story was satisfyingly concluded. I destroyed Sovereign. The story could have ended there.

Then there was ME2. And I found out that it actually wasn't. There was a new threat, Monarch was building a new Reaper, with humans. Because he couldn't come : I destroyed the Citadel's relay. I found out the origin of the threat, the Collectors' base, and after an incredible suicide mission, I finally vanquished my enemies. I could have kept the base to further mankind's technology, but I chose to destroy it. I finally saved the Galaxy. In some of my "realities", I even died a hero.

And then, a new optional DLC offered me the possibility to extend the story, by discovering a new Relay. I destroyed it, but I still discovered that they were coming. SLOWLY... But they were. I didn't have to buy the DLC though, I could decide that the end of ME2, was the end.

And then, ME3 finally concluded the story, taking most of my decisions into account, even if it didn't change a lot.

Dragon age now !

In Dragon Age : Origins, I destroyed the LAST blight. I saved the world.

In Dragon Age 2, most of my choices didn't matter in the end. That's why this is one of the worst Bioware games, everybody hates it. Whatever you do, you have to kill everybody in the end.

In Dragon Age : Inquisition, well, I destroyed my enemy. I vanquished his threat and saved the world. Again, like in ME2, I have the possibility to buy a DLC, to find out that there is an other, more profound threat, behind the first one. Which will lead me to a possible DA4. Maybe. But I can choose to ignore the DLC, and stay with my idea, just like with ME2, that I saved the world. The Orb is destroyed. The ancient wizard guilty of the world's corruption is dead. The Mage rebellion has ended. And I shaped the new world order on my way to victory.

You can argue as much as you want, the fact is I subscribed for 5 years because it was nice enough, but it isn't anymore. RotHC & SoR were clearly disappointing and not what I expected after the vanilla story, but it was enough to make me wait for the next one. Not a lot of choices, but again, it's less frustrating not to have a choice, than having a choice that will do nothing. Now that I think about it, my Sith would have probably sacrificed the entire planet, if it gave me the opportunity to get more Isotope V. But it wasn't even presented as a possibility, so I didn't miss it.