How do you manage your abilities?

LAwest

I'm only a level 21 sentinel and I already have a ton of keybinds. At least it seems like a ton for me. 1-5, q,e,r,f and 6 keybinds on my Naga that will fill up soon. I'm reading that some people are working with 20+ keybinds. So how do you guys find room for all this stuff? Am I just suppose to prioritize? Or is it just one of these things that will seperate the best from the rest when it comes to this class.

Prioritize. Take certain abilities you never use off your bars. Put your most often used abilities as the easiest to reach. For example my 1-5 are Strike, Slash, Zealous Strike, Overload Saber, and Master Strike. Cauterize is C. Force Leap is Shift 4.(my dot and gap closer on my WoW Warrior were C and Shift 4 so force of habit)

Then it just becomes practice and eventually, muscle memory.

I'm only a level 21 sentinel and I already have a ton of keybinds. At least it seems like a ton for me. 1-5, q,e,r,f and 6 keybinds on my Naga that will fill up soon. I'm reading that some people are working with 20+ keybinds. So how do you guys find room for all this stuff? Am I just suppose to prioritize? Or is it just one of these things that will seperate the best from the rest when it comes to this class.

i manage them correctly

I find keybinding very important for Old Republic in general. I've found that I don't use my mouse for combat any more. My keyboard is how I used to have it, but my numpad is now set up with my attacks and important commands. + sign for companion to attack a target.

With other goodies I'm still working into being natural I'm taking over the up down arrow area and the page up insert keys.

I'm still in the process of getting a comfortable map for me, but it seems a must to find a mapping system to make the attack options easy to access.

I'm struggling with it a little bit, but then again I'm sort of new to the MMO genre and don't have any fancy keyboards or mice to utilize.

I probably need to rearrange into a more logical order, but right now I have most of my frequently used talents one 1 through = and then the situational stuff (Zen, Transcendence, Rebuke, Saber Ward, medpacs, leg sweep, throw, stasis) on a second bar below that.

Since I don't use the bottom bar a whole lot, I can either give a quick shift-button or usually I just reach up and click if I need it. Since most of them are long cooldown I don't have to worry about it too much.

I'm using a razer naga. I use the 1-9 buttons for regular abilities, shift 1-9 for special abilities like master strike, dots, interrupts, slows etc and control 1-9 for buffs.

I'm also using a Naga, but I've created Macros that that cycle through abilities. For example, I have Force Leap, Zealous Strike, Strike, and Rebuke all bound to 1 key with a .1 second delay between each key press.

What that looks like:

Press Key:

Force Leap if you're out of range. Already in melee range then...

Zealous Strike. Is Zealous Strike down then...

Strike.

Rebuke triggered when it's up.

Because of this, I only take 1 point in the talent that reduces Force Leaps minimum range. That way it doesn't trigger until I'm out of melee range.

I am struggling with this still too. I'm only level 23 and cannot find a good key mapping yet. I have a Razer Naga and a Nostromo and still can't keep it all straight. I have played a lot of MMOs and this is by far the most difficulty that I have had mapping my keys.

important combat skills - top center - 1 2 3 4 5 q e r f c x z

defensive/utility skills - bottom center - shift + " "

lesser used skills that need binds - right side - alt + " "

companion skills - left side - ctrl + " "

So that's 36 keyboard binds for myself, and I only use a couple of my companion's abilities on activation (e.g., CC)

Then 3 "convenience" binds on my mouse - autorun, mount, rest