Is there a cooldown on power-ups, namely health nodes?

BenduKundalini

Hey, I've noticed if I go to a health node after having used one recently it doesn't do anything. Well it consumes it but does not heal. I'm too rushed in the heat of battle to notice if I have a new debuff for a cd on this but is there one? :confused:

And was it always like that? I only recently noticed that.

Thanks

Hey, I've noticed if I go to a health node after having used one recently it doesn't do anything. Well it consumes it but does not heal. I'm too rushed in the heat of battle to notice if I have a new debuff for a cd on this but is there one? :confused:

And was it always like that? I only recently noticed that.

Thanks

i've never noticed that and am curious how you get two heal nodes quickly enough to think it. if there is, it would have to be an internal timer, since nothing comes up on your bar the way it does with the speed buff.

Yeah, there's no cooldown on picking up health power-ups - but as sumquy suggested, you shouldn't be able to get the same node twice without a fair delay anyway.

In Queshball, you can pick up one healthnode on the middle floor and immediately pick up the next as fast as you can get there. But each node has a significant respawn time.

If you're not seeing the health power-up 'despawn' after you pick it up, that's a graphical glitch on your end. So in reality there's no longer actually a power-up for you to pick up, which is why you're getting no health back the second time.

I suppose one other place to test it would be original Huttball if you can grab one in the corner, then run through the pit where you can pick up the speed boost and get to the other health power up at the other corner. GL getting damaged, living to get to the first power up and also getting the 2nd one while maintaining a damage deficit for it to apply to without whoever is attacking you grabbing it first to rob you or try to kill you before you get there.

GL getting damaged, living to get to the first power up and also getting the 2nd one while maintaining a damage deficit for it to apply to without whoever is attacking you grabbing it first to rob you or try to kill you before you get there.

No luck required; I regularly find myself doing just that when the game is particularly bad (although I really hate to fight in the pits). With the health node thing, the things I've noticed are the above-mentioned graphics glitch, and also a minor bit of latency where you think you go through it, but someone got it first.

Also, you need to actually clip the node to pick it up. I like to strafe a lot, and sometimes I miss it by half a meter.

Also, you need to actually clip the node to pick it up. I like to strafe a lot, and sometimes I miss it by half a meter.

^this. all the time. but only in VoidStar. I think it's b/c VS placement I'm turning back or around it whereas the other maps I more or less run through it. but I've missed the VS HPs a few times. I'm pretty certain it's to do with placement and the way I "run through them".

No no no guys.

I'm not talking about using the SAME node twice. Different nodes. And they do "despawn" : I do "eat" them.

First of all this happens in Quesh huttball. The middle platform is not too big and there are two there. There are two more on the sides on top of the pillars and then again two on the bottom in the corners, and I think even two more close to the grapple tables.

So it's happened several times that I get there, really ON TOP of the node, and ZERO health happens. After having used another one within a minute prior. Even when not taking any more incoming damage.

I was really expecting people to tell me "ofc there's a cd noob loloz". Weird.

I usually play tank and get focused a lot but I root and slow my pursuers, bump them, speed up if shadow/sin...

Edited by BenduKundalini

^this. all the time. but only in VoidStar. I think it's b/c VS placement I'm turning back or around it whereas the other maps I more or less run through it. but I've missed the VS HPs a few times. I'm pretty certain it's to do with placement and the way I "run through them".

I think iy has to do with server response time. In GSF, you czn fly straight through a power up if you don't slow down enough for the server to refresh your location. Similarly, sometimes you'll rubber band back to a location you thought you left and die...