Boltstorm Skill " animation " ( quick rant & solution to benefit everyone )

banimoka

The Rant

i started to cry when i saw the animation , it looks like u are shooting flourescent pokemons out of u're assault cannon

guys NO .... it's a gun , it cannot have visual effects that look like a mage spell , it's just wrong , it feels wrong

The Solution

- make a "gun" looking spell effect

- lasers should go in a straight line to the target ( NOT sideways and the reverse sideways )

- u could just take the Full Auto animation and increase the number of laser bolts it shoots

- alternatively make a cartel item that changes the looks of the skill to the original visuals

The Rant

i started to cry when i saw the animation , it looks like u are shooting flourescent pokemons out of u're assault cannon

guys NO .... it's a gun , it cannot have visual effects that look like a mage spell , it's just wrong , it feels wrong

The Solution

- lasers should go in a straight line to the target ( NOT sideways and the reverse sideways )

- u could just take the Full Auto animation and increase the number of laser bolts it shoots

- alternatively make a cartel item that changes the looks of the skill to the original visuals

Lol, i remember someone wanting a brown crystal and someone mentioned what boltstorm will look like with that crystal

completely agree, what was my disapointment when i first saw this skill, full auto was cool, quick, like it should be, but the "evolution", because it replaces, boltstorm, looks like you are shooting the target with shiny confetti, a big a** f******* cannon, shooting CONFETTI, it could really be a more like "barrage" effect that is full auto. Edited by petergohan

• 2 weeks later...
You think that's bad. My marauders force scream was replaced by some energy bolt he flicks casually from his lightsaber. I mean come on force scream is epic. Why change it?

Fully agree! I was really in love with Force Scream when I levelled my first Marauder and she did this wonderful roar, like a lion. Then I reached a certain level and it was gone forever :-(

Pretty much all of the X replaces Y abilities suck! Hard! All of them! Please face the fact that the ones who did 1.0 were just better at that sort of thing, and stop destroying their work!

It would be fine if I could at least replace what it looks and sounds like for ME.

You think that's bad. My marauders force scream was replaced by some energy bolt he flicks casually from his lightsaber. I mean come on force scream is epic. Why change it?

That's because you're playing the wrong spec Play fury and enjoy the good old force scream :p

Pretty much all of the X replaces Y abilities suck! Hard! All of them! Please face the fact that the ones who did 1.0 were just better at that sort of thing, and stop destroying their work!

I kind of like the Vengeful Slam animation but most of the other new ones are meh so i agree.

Edited by Tsetso

The Rant

The Solution

I disagree. I love the animation, it's not a mage spell but as my chemistry English vocab is near to nonexistent - just believe me you can get this in real world( you need proper environment as the reaction in our world generates something around 4 000 °C :D ) So having this in a completely random universe where people can use magic... oh, sorry, FORCE!!! seems OK. Nobody seems to be worried about other "wrong" aspects of the game.

As I stated, I love it and I want it there. IMO it's the only nice skill gunnery commando has.

Edit> BTW IIRC it's actually quite hard to make LASER beams visible so if you insist on this gun being a LASER gun then it would more proper to not show anything and just use sounds. Yeah, reality is boring.

Edited by Deaconik
adding a fact

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.